A welcome to all our new members in 2012!

confussed memeber

hi i am looking to start slimming world on wednesday at my local meeting with a friend that goes but i am slightly confussed to how it works :confused:. could someone help me with the basics.i am also concerned as what i have seen on the 7 day free eating plan i dont eat alot it as i dont like the foods eg prawns :( do i have to stick to it all or can i remove the foods i dont like :confused::confused::confused:

amy27 said:
hi i am looking to start slimming world on wednesday at my local meeting with a friend that goes but i am slightly confussed to how it works :confused:. could someone help me with the basics.i am also concerned as what i have seen on the 7 day free eating plan i dont eat alot it as i dont like the foods eg prawns :( do i have to stick to it all or can i remove the foods i dont like :confused::confused::confused:

Amy if you are confused you will be better off just waiting till Wednesday. You will get your pack with all the info you'll need. You don't need to follow a menu, it is so flexible you can basically eat what you like, just with some restraint on things that could jeopardise your weight loss. It's a great plan, its not a diet but a change of habits. Good luck! X

Hi all, i started SW diet today any help and advice would be gratefully received, Im pretty lost working my way around the site too atm lol ♥

Hi everyone, I have signed up now to be ready to hound you all for support and advice as I am looking to start Exante at the beginning of March. Have had so many things going on that I feel that is the earliest I can start so I am trying to do research and mentally prepare myself for it.

Hi, I'm Rachel, just signed up to day. Heard a lot of good things about this forum. I'm on my second day of the Cambridge Diet and finding it ok up till now. Looking forward to getting some good tips like my friends seem to have done from here.

Rachel

hello everybody,my name is nicola and i just signed up to the site yesterday.Im a mum of 5 and a granny of 1 and i need to lose about 5 stones.I have loads of health problems with the latest one being type 2 diabetes

Im hoping that the weightloss will mean that i can at least reduce my meds and then start being a little more active with the family.

Im so inspired with everyones will power on here so fingers crossed that some of it rubs off on me!

nik x

Hello, everyone
I'm Kim, please bear with me, i'm new to all this forum stuff!
looking forward to getting some fantastic recipes, support and inspiration!!

These support pages are awesome...was feeling fat and humiliated with just how much weight I've put on but this helps knowing that there are so many people tryig to lose weight and get healthy.
Best of luck to everyone

Camebridge Diet SS

Im on my first week and I am doing terribly

I cant stand any of the shakes or porridge (especially) and rather than having them I have been drinking my water which I can only get to about 2 litres!

I was ill one day so had weetabix and some toast which I know is awfull.

Today I have drunk my water ok, but havent had any of the packs?? Any words of advice.... I really really want this !!! xxxxxx

:sigh::sigh:

Hey everyone!
I am new to slimming world and to forums in general so would really like to know if anyone has got any general hints and tips for example yummy easy recipes, tips to stay motivated etc..

Also although I have not been with slimming world long it is my totm and I have had a bit of a bad weekend and am feeling terrible about it has this happened to anyone else?

Sorry for the long post and all of the questions lol

Thank you

Hi,

I'm Pigler, doing Slimming World by myself at home. Every time I've searched for up to date info it has taken me to MiniMins so I thought I'd better join up! I can't afford to join SW as a member but have my old books, the only thing missing is the support and this seems like a great place to get it. Hopefully I can be of help to others too.

Last edited:
Hi GoBanana,

I'm new here too but did Slimming world a few years ago and lost 4.5 stone. Getting back into it now and sticking to it but TOTM is still the hardest, specially when you are used to self medicating with chocolate! Only advise I can give right now is don't beat yourself up too much as that can lead to chucking the whole thing in. Do your best and be happy if you can just stay the same weight for this one week of the month. Good luck.

new here

i have a lot of questions to ask...what is the best way to do this? I just started the attack phase. Can I sub Oat bran for ground flax seed? Is hot sauces allowed?

Hi, I joined the site this week but have been doing slimming world since Dec. Its the first time I've properly dieted but don't feel like I'm denying myself really. Am looking at is as more of a lifestyle change. I've lost over a stone so far and am planning on losing at least another 7 by my wedding July next year (also my 30th Birthday).

Hi! Lost 3 stone with WW a yr and a half ago but 1 stone has slowly crept back on so I'm trying SW and can't believe how much you can eat!! First weigh in is tomorrow and feeling a bit apprehensive as the scales aren't showing a great loss. I'm finding this site a great help for motivation and in answering questions etc.

Hi to all existing and newbie members, just joined this site today and am a little freaked because I left it till the end of my working day and figure I'll rush it and forget to do something! Started WW last March and lost 1st 7lbs, and have been struggling since Sept last year to keep losing, been going up and down a lot. Can't afford to go to the meetings anymore, so working at it at home along with my sister, and we weigh each other in every week, go for walks etc, but i've been reading bits and pieces on here for the last few months and finally decided to sign up, just love the amount of positivity and encouragement that's in everyone! So please bear with me while I get used to the site, thanks...

Hi, I joined the site this week but have been doing slimming world since Dec. Its the first time I've properly dieted but don't feel like I'm denying myself really. Am looking at is as more of a lifestyle change. I've lost over a stone so far and am planning on losing at least another 7 by my wedding July next year (also my 30th Birthday).

Wow thats fantastic hun well done ♥

Back