A welcome to all our new members in 2012!

Hello can anybody tell me where i can see or if i can see threads which i have posted in that people have replied to? Thanks :)

Hi, I have reached the magic age of 50 and still have not shed all the extra weight. This has to be the time. I live in the united states so we measure in pounds. I would be happy at this point to lose 30lbs, ideally 45 would be the best. For now i'm not following any particular diet. Just trying to watch what I eat, eat less, and move more. Next week will be having surgery on wrist so won't move a lot but will be able to enjoy the time on this site.

Hi

Pol here, serial yo-yo dieter and WW aficionado. Time for a radical change though, so I'm going to dip my toe in the Dukan pond!

Good luck everyone
X

Hi,

I'm new here and just thought I'd pop in and say hello. I'm 3 weeks into my slimming world journey and am in need of new recipe ideas.

I've been slowly gaining all the weight I lost for my wedding year and a half ago (by using a body bugg and hitting the gym) and I got to my heaviest weight for 10 years. We are trying to conceive and I have just been eating and not exercising so the weight has slowly come on. Last month I realised my weight is just making me miserable and I can't just put my life on hold while I wait to get pregnant. I'm also hoping losing a few pounds with help with the baby making.

Good luck to everyone is their weight loss journeys.

Liz

Hi all, im new to this site. I lost just under 3 stone last year with exante and atkins diet but totally went off the bandwagon and put it all back on again. Ashamed to say it but I have a severe yo yo relationship with food. Want to lose weight again and keep it off this time, although im worried about the first week on exante as I remember feeling awful for the first few days last time. I have decided to join here this time around for some moral support. Wish me luck :)

Hi Again... I havent been on her in yonks! I lost my motivation and gained al my weight back on and more. I've decided to re-appear and get back into the swing of things as I am so unhappy with myself and the person I have become. Not sure what else to say!

Hi to all Minimins! Today is my first day on here and also the start of my weight loss journey with Exante. My goal is to lose 7 stone for Xmas, but really just want to feel healthier and happier with myself. I lost 5stone with Lighterlife 7 years ago but then got cocky and thought I could manage to keep it off without completing the management part. How wrong was I??!! This time it's coming off and staying off though. I now it's going to get tough but bring it on - Ketosis, I'm ready and waiting! Good luck and best wishes to everybody - let's be losers together!! :girlpower:

A new duck

Hello,
I am here to pull my self together.
Yesterday me and my mum decided to make a bet that every week I beat her weight loss percentage she gives me £5 and if in lose I give her £5. We will do this for every week for 12 weeks before I go on holiday.

A year or so ago I had a knee operation. A the time I was working as a gym instructor and was in great shape. Around the same time I met rob, my boyfriend.
I got lazy and comfortable.

Because of my knee I couldn't work out anymore and I stopped working at the gym. I am now over 2stone heavier.

Not only am I heavier but now paranoid that i am not attractive to rob anymore. So now I need to pull myself together, to fix my weight and my mind!

I want to be that sexy confident person I use to be, always showing off my figure.

So hi to everyone on this site! I want to help others and hope to gain confidnence and a positive influence from others.

Duckers!!

Hello everyone I'm new to this website and not really sure what I'm doing.
I'm starting the Lipotrim diet tomorrow, hoping to loose 78lb!

I'm 20 years old and going on my first girly holiday in August so need to move my ass and get rid of some fat! lol :)

Good Luck Everyone!!!

Hello:wave_cry:

I have done a combination of slimming world and the old style weight watchers before on and off - and at my lightest weight in my early 20's was 9 stone 7Lb ...and I still thought i was too fat!

Anyway, knew I had been putting some pounds on recently but you know when you just kinda ignore it? Then a friend posted a photo of me on fbook and I thought my god am I really that big - so time to bite the bullet (and not the cake) ! Same friend has lost 8 stone on slimming world over 2 years - which I think is inspirational.

So, here I go again. OVerall target is to get to 10stone 9 ish and be comfortable in a size 14 - coz I think thats about my natural thin weight if that makes sense for being in my late 30's. And also to feel better and healthier in myself.

So good luck to all - and see you again x

Hi All :wave_cry:
I starting Slimming World for the first time in mid January having done weight watchers a few times before. Have to say I am enjoying it more than WW at the minute simply because i don't seem to be as hungry as I was before. Things are a bit slow at the minute, but as long as it is going in the right direction and coming off I'm not too fussed how long it takes! Saying that, I'm going to a wedding in July and would like to be in the dress size below before then!

Lost the way

Hi all,

Ive just joined this site for some inspiration, I started my diet in Jan this year and I've lost a stone to date. I did get up to a stone and half but for the past month and half I've been putting weight on then losing it again but no further forward.

I am getting married in Sep this year and want to lose another 3 stone I'm currently on weight watchers program but I have lost my way, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions how to get back on track I would be more than greatfull.

Good luck to everyone x

Hi all,

I joined up today as a lot of people had mentioned the site. Im here to generally chat and find some New slimming friends and swap recepies. I started sw in nov 11 and have lost 1st 12lbs. Hoping for 2lbs off this week to get my 2st then my cub 10!

Hope to chat to you all soon x

Hi! this is my first post, came across the site when trying to research the cambridge diet... I need to lose about a stone and a half. The calorie counting hasn't really worked for me, I can't seem to keep it going long term, so i was wondering if I can get the weight off quicker I will be more motivated to maintain.:eek:
Really like the site! xx

Hey! I'm a long-term classic yo-yo dieter and this year's the year where I get it off and keep it off. I'm about to embark on LighterLife and believe me, with the way my head works, ya'll will be seeing a lot of me cos no doubt I'll be needing some help =). I've been lurking this site for ages and now it's time to actually get my ass involved as it were.

Hope to meet some great people here! x

Hi to all.
i am a newbie to the site :), I have joined slimming world i am near the end of my 2nd week. I am a mother to twins boy and girl and they are 2yrs old it's about time i lost the baby fat LOL. I would like to wish the best of luck to everyone. :family2:

hello

im new here and just joined sw and really hoping to lose 5 stone and thought if i could see speak to people and read what ppl are saying it might hopefully be enough to keep me going:)

Hi Gail,

I too am new to SW and am trying to lose (about the same amount as you it looks like) baby weight after having my second child. How about we keep each other motivated? My first weigh in is tomorrow, but I'm not going to a class...just from home.

Tracy (monty35) xxx

Hi all, after 4 weeks of messing around and trying to decide which weightloss route to go down, I have finally ordered by first month worth of Exante.....I am a typical yo-yo dieter and have done all of the diets in the last 20yrs!!! LL, CD, Lipotrim, SW, WW....This has got to be it....I have lost weight before & then gained back + more, my head is in the right place and I owe it to myself to succeed for good this time!!! Beware...I will need help!!! I look forward to "meeting" you all :) x

Hello everyone, I'm Deb and have been dieting for the most part of the last 10 years. I've had the most success with Weightwatchers although have tried Slimming World too. I rejoined WW a couple of weeks ago and lost 8.5lbs in my first week, which after doing SW for the past 6 months gave me the extra boost I needed. Found this site by googling syns and pp values :p

Back