1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

a werid one. how to get fat out of a toilet!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Fatty_no_more, 26 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Slimming world
    right ok. so our sink was blocked a few months back and we have an outside toilet which i was pouring all the water down when the sink was blocked.

We found out that the sink had been clogged with fat from when we had been washing up.
    we never ever use our outside toilet and i went to use it the other day and its got fat particles swimming on the surface of the water and also the toilet wont flush.

Apart from calling out an expensive plumber...... does anyone have any idea how i can unblock this myself?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dudette2001uk

dudette2001uk I will be a Princess!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    How about trying something like pouring boiling water down it to dissolve the fat, then using one of those sink and drain unblocker products? The Mr Muscle active foam one is quite good xx
  4. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    I agree with dudette, if our loo is blocked boiling water usually does the trick.
  5. cherry-pie

cherry-pie Trying again in 2012

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    As long as you are careful and follow the instructions, caustic soda will clear it for you - it can destroy any organic matter such as fat or hair - and a bag of the soda is only a pound or so to buy, so a bargain too! I have long think hair so use it in the shower every couple of months to clear any gunk - gross!!
  6. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    Yes caustic soda is the one!
  7. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Washing up liquid helps break up the fat and disperse it a little, along with boiling water but the fat will still coagulate somewhere evenutally!

The best thing to do to help in the future.....Not put fat down your sink at all.
    You can get fat traps from your water company (free) online and you pour all your waste fat into it and add seeds etc and make little food cakes for the birdies. Or alternatively just wait until all the fat is hard and then put it in the bin.
    Fat down sinks is one of the biggest nightmares for water companies.

You may find that the fat has also formed a plug in your drains/pipes if it's bad. I guess it depends how much fat you use!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.