A whole lot of weight to shift.

Ok it sounds like she has an evd then which is common after surgery as it diverts the fluid in the head away to allow healing. It looks scary but it's not too bad.
They will slowly start to raise the height of the drain to see if she can cope without it long term. Tumours block the flow of the fluid in the brain and now this has gone the pressure returns to normal so your mum has to learn to cope with the normal pressure which explains why she is dizzy etc.
If she needs a permanent drain it's all internal and drains the excess fluid into the tummy. I can explain in more detail if you need me too.

Yeah they are changing the levels ATM and have been for a few days now.

I understand now, as I thought she would have a tube permanently coming out her head lol

Thank you :)

Knee is playing up again, so thinkI may rest it for rest of the week and not go on exercise bike, hopefully will still get a loss this week, but I know it wont be a big one with no bike:(

They now think Mum will have to have a shunt put in long term, maybe at the end of the week.

Same thing I think, just another name for it, just want her home and better as I feel quite down at the min to be honest.

Same thing I think, just another name for it, just want her home and better as I feel quite down at the min to be honest.

People would feel depressed for much less than that, there is no shame in feeling down JLS. But I really admire you for staying so focused. Your mum will be SO proud of you :hug99:

Well! got there today and they said they were going to have to take her surgery again as the wound is leaking and swelled or puffed up. Then the DR come a few hours later and said there taking the drain out tonight and then going to monitor it over next couple days and see what happens, so no op tonight now maybe in a few days. Just want her home :(

Cheers.

Went today and they have taken the drain out, but the wound were she had the main op is leaking quite bad today and is swelled, Nurse said Doctor will have a look but that was hours ago and my uncle has just phoned and said he has not been yet, so I don't know what is happening.

Mum went in Theatre again today because it's been leaking loads, they have cleaned it out and hope that stops it leaking. So still a waiting and praying game atm.

EDIT: Just spoke to hospital and she is stable in HDU.

Last edited:
They said this morning she will have to spend another night in HDU, but they moved her back to the ward this afternoon.

Wont know if it's stopped the leak completely till the Doctor has another look when they take the bandage off. At the minute it seems to be OK, but just pray that is the last OP she has to have, as she is very weak now. Still might have to have a permeant drain tho but don't know yet.

Said she will be in hospital for at least 2-3 weeks, as she will have to have Physio there.

4 pound this week.

I went on the bike today as knee was feeling a little better this morning, but feels a bit weird now.

Fish and chips for tea :)

Wow, well done. Where's the pictures??????? :):):):):):):):):):):):) x

Maybe a face comparison. Need a shave in both. Oh and a hair cut :D

photo.jpg

Photoon2011-09-05at2324.jpg

Got a pic of me that I'm saving to post as a before and after pic, when I get there., and even the difference from then to now is massive, but for now face pic will do.

Got up today and knee is hurting bad again so no exercise and I shouldn't of done any yesterday to be honest. Going to give it another couple days rest, maybe the rest of the week as well, compensate by having bag of crisps less like last week.

Back