A whole lot of weight to shift.

Fingers crossed that she's even better when you see her today! Her long-term prognosis sounds positive, even if it must be hell for you seeing her like that. Keep your chin up!

Last edited:
Hi James! I can't remember reading your diary before and I'm glad I found it!

First off, I'm really sorry about what happened to your mum but really impressed at how well you're doing food wise. And your weight loss is really impressive. You must feel so much better physically. :)

I'll subscribe to your thread from now on :D

Thank you.

Yes it's so hard to see my Mum like she is but got to stay strong, and I just keep saying that everyday that goes by is a day she is getting stronger and better and closer to coming home.

Food wise I am doing fine still, had my treat meal last night fish and chips, was OK nothing special, but I say the same nearly every time I have it, always crave it but then when I have it I'm abit meh about it.

Still been doing exercise and did 8.2k on the bike today.

Had a little good news today, the test results come back totally benign.

Was bored and felt stuffed from tea so went for a walk tonight, walked abit further as well, did 1.6 miles.

I would of gone straight to the shop and bought a load of ale before.

Hi James only just came across this thread , delighted things are going well for your mam and well done to you for sticking with the exercise and eating well. It would have been so easy to choose a different option and go back to bad habits but you didn't. I bet your mother is really proud of you :)

Just looked through my old thread on another forum,and took the mesurments from there
Neck: 21
Chest: 68
Stomach: 70
Thighs: (L, R) 37 35
Upper Arm: (L, R) 17 1/2 18 1/2

and I would of been more than them as I was hevier this time, anyway just redone them and ATM they are

Neck: 18
Chest: 61
Stomach: 63
Thighs: (L, R) 30 - 29
Upper Arm: (L, R) 15.1/2 - 17

So a total of 33 and half inches in total.

Neck: 18
Chest: 59
Stomach: 61.5
Thighs: (L, R) 30 - 29
Upper Arm: (L, R) 15 - 17

So 4 inch in last 5 odd weeks, ok but would of thought it would be a little more with the amount I lost but 37.5 inch in total gone.:)

4 pound down this week.

Done my knee in again, think it was the extra walking over the weekend.

I maybe should of rested it and not gone on the bike today but I took it easy and did 15 mins 5.3k and weights.

If it still hurts tomorrow I won't go on bike.

Cheers Jayne, Mum is doing ok still getting bad headaches but that's to be expected after major Brain surgery, they had her out of bed and in the chair again yesterday.

Right on que she is ringing my mobile :D

Cheers hun, Mum is on the mend I think still getting things a little confused but is a bit more alert and "with us" now than she was. Still waiting on news if she needs a drain in permanent or not.

One thing I'm not sure about is if she has one permeant is how do you drain it.

No they couldn't do a normal one for some reason, the drain is going straight into her head.

Back