A whole lot of weight to shift.

Cheers. Mum still has a high temp but not been sick today apart from bringing a bit of bile up, she ate some tea as well tonight. Found out some sad news tonight that the Lady who was opposite Mum in the other bay has died, they couldn't operate on her :(

Rest In Peace Eunice.

hope your mum is a bit better,you have done so well

Well done James, still doing so well and what an achievement so far :)

Hope your mum has a good day, sounds like the antibiotics are having a full on battle in her system by giving her the high temp and getting rid of any infection. Hope she feels a whole lot better soon.

Sad news on other patient :(

have a successful day fighting the lbs :)

Cheers, had a nice salad for tea, cooked tuna for the first time and was nice, just needed a little lemon tho, I forgot to get some.

Mums temperature has gone back down and she is feeling a lot better, had the staples out her head the other day and having the stitches out tonight, never did them while I was there.

She did have a fall. but luckily she is ok and didn't hit her head.

There was even the first mention for a few weeks about her coming home, not getting to excited yet tho as we have been close to getting her home before and had set backs but it's a step in the right direction.

Another positive is it's looking quite possible she wont need a long term drain.

Like I said not getting to excited yet, talk of weather to let her home or move her to Burton till she is stronger they asked me at the hospital and I said I would help her toilet and get her into shower so she can wash her self, said it will be a lot of work to look after her. So think they will make a decision over the next few days/start of next week. If she does come home they will send someone to the house to see if any bars need putting up etc.

well done on the tuna
its promising if there is talk of your mum coming home,sometimes the hospital send patients to a step down bed into a nursing home for example to make it easier for the return home.
your mum should have a social worker if not ask for one for her .She will then be able to organise a package of care for our mun based on what her needs are,its a very big commitment to take on the care yourself,depending just whats been wrong with your mum she may need district nursing input.hope this helps.

Thanks for that, like I say it's at the very start and I'm sure there will be some more talks of what to do, I'm just glad that things are progressing and they are even mentioning about coming home as it's been a long old 5 weeks.

Pic of me tea

photo.jpg

Looking like Mum will be transferred to Burton, it would of been nice to get her home but if they think it's best to go there then so be it, main thing is she is recovering and will be home in a few weeks.

Nice chicken salad for tea, no pepper and onion tho as I thought I was having heart attack late last night lol, was acid tho. had beetroot tonight again so will have to see if that gives me heartburn. Had some quiche what's not good but tasted nice lol.

Good to hear mum's being moved closer to home James. It's always a slow process where anything to do with the brain is concerned. It will give you a bit of extra time to get things organised for her return in case she needs any special therapies/help when she does get home.

Tesco Light Choices crustless quiche lorraine is a bit easier on the cals and fat by the way if you're looking for a healthier option.

think of it as convalescence,before she comes home you should be able to ask for a home visit,where your mum,physio/OT come as well it highlights any aids and adaptations that might be required and any problems that may she might have living back at home

Yes, they did say something about a home visit to see if they could help out with anything like hand rails etc.

Yeah will be good to get her a bit closer too home but Burton hospital not got the best rep to be honest.

Oh will have to check them quiches out, cheers Jayne.

And Beanboy, looking at your stats you are a inspiration yourself, well done.

:)

How far away from your home is Burton hosp? (I'm an Aussie, no idea about UK geography) How bad is it's reputation? Your mum will be there for some rehab, is that right?

Burton hospital is about 4 mile away from home, nearly everyone who goes there says bad things about it. But saying that that's where Mum first went with headache and they are the ones who found the tumour in the first place. Yes going to burton for some physio.

Bloody hell! It gets better, a old friend just text me to see if I'm ok after finding out about my Mum. So text her back and she then said she has lost her child she was pregnant with and had to give birth to the dead child! Phoned her up and spent best part of a hour on phone to her.

Horrific thing for any Mum to have to go through, and no parent should have to bury their offspring. Life can be a cruel game and the older you get it just seems to get more evil. It's been 6 month since I last had any contact with her and Don't really know why, as I used to think the world of her, she has been through so much ***** in her life and deserves a brake.

Such sad news about your friends baby. You sound like a good friend, and she will appreciate any support and kind words from you.

Hope your mum gets all the help and support when she eventually returns home. How long does she expect to be in the hospital that is closer to you?

I used to get horrific heartburn and was forever popping anti acid tablets into my mouth. However since losing weight is not so noticeable now...it will and does become less painful!

I too love beetroot...and eat it A LOT! ;)

have a good weekend!

I asked today about how long she will be in Burton, but they said it depends on the individual, could be a couple weeks or more.

My heartburn is not as bad as it use to be, just now and then flares up.

Hope you have a good weekend also.

Back