A whole lot of weight to shift.

Just had some more grub from from the pasta bar from morrisons, think I over did it though as I'm stuffed. Would love to know how much fat are in the sauces as they can't be the healthiest of meals lol.

Likewise, going into see Mum in a couple hours and going to have a day off tomorrow going to hospital, I have made sure she will have visitors though, feel guilty when I don't go in.

Hope the visit goes well today james and don't feel guilty over missing a visit, you've done the right thing by making sure she still has visitors, and you need a wee break now and then to make sure you are rested enough to look after her the best way possible when she comes home..take care :)

Cheers,

Visit was great today we was allowed to take her down the cafe and outside the hospital for some air in a wheel chair. She was tired after that so we left and let her get some sleep. Went supermarket and bought some Rump for tonight and a bit of lamb for tomorrow naughty naughty lol

fgg.jpg

Yeah was fantastic to get her out the ward for a while.

Just waiting on a bed to become free at Burton now, a little apprehensive to be honest but she cant stay were she is as they need the bed for a tumour patient, and hopefully Mum is over all that now and just needs to get strong/balance back again. They have told her she can go toilet on her own as well now. They also washed her hair today as well I think.

sounds promising. The more your mum can do herself, the stronger and more capable she'll get and quicker road to recovery. Heart breaking news about your friend. Has to be every expectant mother's worst nightmare.... She'll appreciate all the support she can get - even only in thoughts at such an awful time.

I suffer DREADFULLY with acid reflux and heartburn when I eat much in the way of carbs. You dinner looks great - but the potatoes would kill me. I was almost chained to the gaviscon bottle until I ditched all the "bad carbs" - ie bread, rice, potatoes, cake, pasta. One of those is now a once a week treat. The madness is that I'm a food blogger amongst other things and make loads of cake etc. Thankfully, now the carbs that really affect me are out my system, I don't miss them at all. The best of it is that with no bread, I'm not using butter. No cake = no butter / sugar..... and I can't remember last time I made a sauce !

The other thing that crucifies me is coffee..... but since totally changing my eating habits, my craving for that is much diminished too. I have one cup - sometimes two at the most a day, compared to two or three times that previously.

No need to be hungry - it's amazing what you can eat and how tasty it can be as well as healthy and easy to make. Just the imagination (or time to rifle through food mags) that takes the time

I've not touched the anti acids in 4 weeks now and feel great.

You must feel a totally different person for losing 9 stone. OMG what a MASSIVE achievement. I'd like to lose about that total -about 7 stone total or so... maybe more (1 down so far and hoping for another 2 > 3 before Christmas)

Enjoy what's left of the weekend x

Sauces in the pasta at Morrisons get me some times, but it's too nice, so just put up with it. Doctor told me not to have hot drinks as they can trigger it so don't have them now, never been a massive tea/coffee drinker any way to be honest. Worst thing that gave me acid was alcohol, and since knocking that on the head it's been 100 times better.

Yes I feel loads better for losing the weight but still get down about my knee because I want to get out there walking but carnt.

Worse thing is the dreaded loose skin that will come when I lose another 10 plus stone, but loose skin wont kill me, being 37 stone will.

Hope you have a nice sunday :)

How lovely to get your mum out in the fresh air for awhile, she would have enjoyed that.

Enjoy your dinner today, i too am having lamb..but suffocating it with veggies :)

Your mum is going to feel so much better from all the "human touches"- getting out of the ward being the first!
Did you just stop drinking alcohol, that simple?
Have a good one sweets!

Oh yes love loads of veg as well Rose.

Yeah, had to stop as was near death I have no doubt about that. Still fancy one now and then but just got to stay strong as I know I cant just have one, it leeds to a session so just got to stay off it.

I'd suggest hot water and lemon juice for the acid James. The acid in the lemon juice neutralises the acids in the body. Sounds weird science but it works for me. It will also give your liver a boost if you start your day with it.

Fresh lemon and ginger tea is also good for the digestion and it fends off colds and flu. Add a bit of honey if you like.

Also don't leave too long between meals as being too hungry can trigger it off as well as the foods you are sensitive too.

Custard is also good for acid.

Oooo custard! Not had any for a long time! Does a chunk off chocolate cake come with that?

Might try that lemon and ginger, is it fresh ginger you use?

I usually put slices of fresh lemon and fresh ginger in a teapot and leave it to brew for a while. It's really good for colds and keeps you warm in the winter months as well. Ginger is also good for your circulation.

You can use ground ginger and bottled lemon juice from the supermarker as well, easier on the budget and keeps longer lol, just make sure the ginger dissolves well. Or if you're really lazy get the ginger and lemon teabags lol

Cheers, will look into it.

Had the lamb was ok, nothing great but ok.

carbonated water (bought a soda stream) with a squeeze of fresh lemon and nothing else is glorious. Sometimes I shove in some ice and a couple of crushed mint leaves too. Hot water with lemon is refreshing too :)

Loose skin is nothing but cosmetic. When the time comes, I would possibly consider options if I feel I can't live with it.... but I think it's going to be a long time before I need to worry too much about that.

Hello James,

Great to see another guy on here and congrats on your weight loss to date. 127 pound weight loss is something to be real proud of. Well done buddy and i look forward to seeing more posts on your thread.

Tim

Back