• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

AAM versus non-AAM

S: 15st2lb C: 15st2lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 38.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hi all. I would be interested in comments from people who have not introduced a meal versus those who have. I've heard that the meal kick-starts your metabolism. I'm considering doing %TS as I think I would find it difficult to return to TS after the AAM week. Your input would be appreciated.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 14st11.5lb C: 13st10lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 31.9 Loss: 1st1.5lb(7.47%)
I did aamw last wk, (6th wk) , I was worried about being able to get back to TS as well, but it hasnt been too bad, I avoided complex carbs and must have stayed in ketosis.

My weight loss had slowed way down to silly 1lbs a wk, WI after aamw was +1lb, 2 days later I have 3lb off already, sp I would agree it kick starts your met again. I'm going to do aamw every 4 wks as I've been convince it's helpful

63lb to lose. WI 1-4: -19. WI5, -2. WI6, +1. 43lbs to go

S: 15st2lb C: 15st2lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 38.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Thanks for that.

S: 17st2lb C: 16st5lb G: 14st12lb BMI: 32.9 Loss: 0st11lb(4.58%)
My AAM week was a couple of weeks ago, lost 2lbs on AAM week and 6lbs the next, so certainly seems to have done my metabolism some good! Personally I don't think I could stick with it being TS fulltime, I need to know that I'm going to have the chance to eat some tasty (low carb) food every few weeks to keep me going (will probably do the TS/AAM cycle for 3-4 months and then go WS for the last bit).
I was really worried about getting back onto it so I kept a close eye on myself during AAM week, strictly no carbs so stayed in ketosis and was very careful my first few days back on TS - lots of water, coke zero in the fridge for if I needed a treat, had my favourite shakes, reread my goals, etc. Actually didnt find it a problem at all, much easier than getting through the first week!
Good luck whatever you decide
LED x