Abbies Diary - Now Mummy To Gorgeous Baby Ethan

You can have tuna and mayo hun! Mayo is fine as long as it's shop bought (so no homemade or lovely restaurant stuff!) and tuna is fine in moderation! Bulk out the tuna with sweetcorn or something!

OK, I'm actually sitting here in tears now. No matter what I do, I just gain weight!
I ate healthily yesterday and reduced my portions and I still managed to gain 1lb! This is almost a stone in 2 weeks now and I'm getting really worried, this is can't be right.
I know I'm going to be quite big anyway a stone in 2 weeks?? It's breaking my heart. I'm going to try and exercise more today as well. I don't want to be one of those women who obsesses but come on, I can't be putting on a 2 stone a month, it's not good. And I'm only nearly 6 weeks. I'm in tears as I'm so frightened.

Awww Abbie :hug99: what about following something like Slimming World during the pregnancy? It's natural to put a fair bit of weight on when you stop something like lipotrim because your glycogen stores are around 10lbs of weight alone.

Aww abbie, don't cry sweets..

Maybe post up exactly what you're eating and see whether we can make suggestions?? Also would second slimming world, you can follow that while you're pg, your mw just needs to sign a form every now and again to say she's happy with you carrying on although i don't know a mw who wouldn't be happy to sign it!

Hey Abbie hope your ok babe, im only 8 weeks pregnant and ive gained six pounds so i kinda know how you feel, im trying not to stress about it but it is on my mind a lot. Just try to eat healthy and maybe start swimming or something when you feel upto it, thats what im going to do in a few weeks, im also trying to eat a low carb breakfast from tomorrow because in starving all morning. Try not to stress to much x

Hey everyone, so a quick update.

Today I've been feeling a bit emotional, I spoke to my friends who live up in Scotland and they were having a girly night in and not doing anything particularly fancy. Just watching Red Dwarf, but I just burst into tears because I miss them so much. I don't have one single female friend down here, they've all moved on and have their own lives to lead in different places. I just felt a bit lonely really.
Also, me worrying about stuff as per usual wasn't helping. I've been a lot better the past few days regarding the worrying side of things but I just had a bit of a relapse today. I guess this is natural. I just worry about all kinds of things, like going for the scan and being told the baby has died, or bleeding. I'm just petrified of things going wrong.
I'm being over anxious in some ways I guess, but then in other ways, it's like I'm preparing myself incase something did go wrong because if I was totally happy and not thinking of something potentially going wrong, if it did, I'd just be devasted.
Anyway, I need to CHILL!

On the plus side, the weight gain has slowed down now and I'm maintaining. I think it's just where I came off LT, my body was going nuts so I'm glad that that has calmed down.

My OH seems to think I've got a bit bigger in the tummy but I'm not sure lol.

Ohh ((Hugs)) hun I totally know the feeling of leaving friends behind and how hard it is to make new ones.
Make a pact with yourself to go to mum and baby group when bubs arrives. I'm sure you'll soon make friends ((hugs)).
We've been in wales 2 years now and I 'know' a lot of women but have no close friends yet, feels weird sometimes but DH and both work from home so we ARE each others best friend in honesty. I know not something that works for many couples but we've always been this way even when we worked.

Hope you are feeling brighter this morning - are there any groups you could join or classes? Swim class or something for aqua aerobics could be good - though be careful not to overdo it as muscles are easier to pull (as I found out early on) in pregnancy.

Something that could help you build friendships sooner rather than later.

Glad your weight is balancing a bit, lol at DH though this is my 2nd (3rd if you count a mc) pregnancy and I got bigger much quicker this time it has to be said.

Sorry you're feeling sad abbie, it's tough when you don't feel you have many friends about where you live.. I would second the babygroups thing, I've made some lovely friendships through the one in our village so it's really worth looking some out and keeping going through them until you really settle in one!

That's brilliant about your weight too - well done!!

Anti natal classes like NCT are supposed to be great too for making friends etc. I have a friend who when with her now 11 year old and still meets once a month with the girls from her group!

Hey everyone,

Pleased to report I'm feeling a lot brighter today, I went shopping for Maternity Bra's today £26 for 2 of them in Mothercare, was totally surprised when I got measured for them, I'm a 44C, I've been in the wrong bra size for quite a while now. I've nursing bra's because they are jus the same as maternity ones, except they have the clip, but doesn't bother me the slightest. As usual, all the pretty pattern bra's only went up to a 40, so I was a bit miffed, but at least I've got the proper bra's I need now. She said to go back 3 weeks before I'm due to get remeasured so shall be interesting to see how much I've grown.

I'm going to definitely be looking into doing Aqua Aerobics and also looking for mother and baby groups local to me. I want to be able to make some friends round here so I can share in the experience properly and also help LO make some friends when it's born lol! Already planning it's social life hehehe!

My asda doesn't do anything like maternity wear. :(
But good to hear mothercare are good. I'm planning on a few nursing bras but bought sports bras without underwires to get me through.

Hi Abs

Cheer up duck, youve got the best freind in the world growing in your tummy as we speak!

I left school and didnt really see many of my freinds again as they all went to uni or travelling etc, so iv got literally 4 friends who i completely adore, and there the same, were like little muskateers!!

Having said that.... I am moving to London in january, so am going to be completely lost without a friend in the world, and OH will be fine with his 300 odd army mates so i know the feeling hun, im scared stupid, but this is what happens sometimes when you start a family, u make sacrifices that are best for baby...

please dont be sad sweets, uv got so many people on here to talk to, and dont worry about eating yummies haha , i put about 7lbs on in 3 days i think ha, but then it settled down, and i somehow lost 9... since then i have put a couple on, but who cares!!!

Keep smiling!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Awww thanks Lauren, I live in London myself, so if you're ever in my neck of the woods, would be great to meet up. :D Might be able to show you the sights lol!
I'm OK for the most part now, have had a good few days, but then I get all panicky for like a day after.
I have no sickness whatsoever which I guess I shouldn't complain about as I know some women have it so severe that they end up hospitalised with it, but I just don't feel pregnant at all and I've been told this is normal, so I'm relaxing a bit more now.
My stomach has gone rock hard, which means apparently that the baby is in position or something, someone told me this but I don't know if that's the reason??
Food wise, I have good days and bad days, like I try being healthy and then I ruin it by eating some chocolate. I think that's my craving right now because if I'm not eating it, I'm thinking about it and I was never really like that before going on LT in the first place.
2 weeks til my midwife appointment and it's another 4 and a bit weeks til my scan. Counting down and I know I shouldn't.
I'm a natural born worrier and I won't feel OK about things til I've had my scan and seen my little one.
All in all though, I'm OK, I know I'm pregnant, just sometimes find it hard to believe because I feel so normal lol.

Im 5 and a half months in hunni and still dont feel prenant, if its wasnt for my little nudger reminding me everynow and again id forget completely (oh yeah and if i didnt have a map of liverpool drawn out in stretchmarks on my stomach!) so realllllly dont worry!!

I dont think i will ever "feel pregnant" but i am... iv got the proof haha

London is such a lonely place, im scared stupid moving down there haha, i will be living in Windsor, anywhere near u??

dont worry about eating chocolate, it will settle down honest, i cant really stomach sweet stuff anymore, i can have a bar of choccie, but i dont ever think ooooh il ave a packet of sweets... mines more potatoes haha so dont worry!

There are a hundred an 1 diets for you to do when you have baby, most important thing is you are happy and baby gets what it needs...

not long til your appt!! i didnt believe i was pg until i had my scan, and i was convinved it would be ectopic as i was haing pains in one side - turned out to be a cyst on my ovary, so you rcompletely loopy like the rest of us, chill woman!!!!

xxxx

lol come down and we can all live in London hurray!!!

Aww babe that dream sounds nasty :( i had a dream last night my hair and makeup people didnt turn up for the weddin an i had to go lookin a scruff!!

Hate weird dreams, stupid hormones!! Ur most deffiantely pregnant babe lol

xxxxxx

Ive been lucky, all mine have been wedding related the last 2 months, scared stupid about having horrible baby dreams :(

worried baby will know what they are about too lol

Hope they calm down hun, no cheese before bed haha

xxx

I had a dream the other night that me, the OH and his mum, had all gone shopping. I had the baby in the buggy and they had their little push along trolley. Suddenly I said, ah I'm just going into the chemist to change the babys nappy as I think it's done a smelly, so I'm in the toilets of the chemist, trying to toilet train my newborn! I ended up wetting myself in the chemist for some odd reason. God knows why. Weird.

I'm not in Windsor but I don't think it's tooooo far away Lauren, it's definitely closer than Liverpool lol! So it'd be fun, especially when the LO's get older, take them to Legoland! Wooohoooo!

I'm thinking of asking for a reassurance scan, I know I may not get it, but if you don't ask you don't get and I really feel like I need it. I'm doing my own head in and it's not doing me any good. I'm hoping the doctor will say yes, I mean I just want 5 mins to find out to know that everything is OK, so I can effing chillax lol! I had a friend who had a missed miscarriage and that freaks me out more than actually having a known miscarriage. I just need to have this scan to know that the baby is OK and so I can enjoy being pregnant.

Fab news today! I managed to get a scan, how I did I don't know. Basically I saw the doctor yesterday who herself was pregnant so maybe she could understand where I was coming from when I explained my worries, so she said all she could do was give me a form for referral and that she'd done her bit, it was up to the hospital if they'd book an appointment and scan me.
So went up with the form to the hospital today but turns out she was meant to fax the form over herself or something and I had the wrong form, but they said that as it was signed by the doctor and stuff, they'd scan me.
I was classed as an "extra" so basically anyone with appointments were seen first. I was waiting for about 2 hours before getting seen and I was in pain from having to hold the wee in my bladder lol!
So the scan went really well, saw the babys heartbeat which reassured me that things were going well. She said the baby is 7weeks and 4 days, not 7 weeks 2 days from my ticker and to go by my last period, I'm 8 weeks 2 days along. But the main thing is everything is OK.
I feel so much better now and can get through the next 4 and a bit weeks til the next scan without stressing so much.
Got a pic of the scan so it's now all so real for me and the OH! :D:D:D:D

Back