Abbies Diary - Now Mummy To Gorgeous Baby Ethan

lol Shel! Bran Flakes aren't too bad, it's Muesli I can't stand. Bran Flakes are actually pretty tasty. :D
I have been eating lots of chicken lately, I love it.

I've been the same with chicken this time - I ate it and ate it and ate it last time but not this time! Conversely I'm craving fish - which even the smell of made me sick right up until I delivered last time!!

Sorry to hear about your car, it must be horrible and a pain to sort out - you could do without that! Good luck with your scan - not long now!

Hey there everyone

Here I am again lol! Hope you're all well. I've been away from the site this week and trying to keep as busy as possible to keep my mind as much as I can from worrying about Monday so last Sunday saw me starting Season One of my Sex and the City boxset and I've been watching the shows religiously. I'm now on Season 5 haha! So my personal aim now, is to watch the final two seasons AND the movie by 9pm on Sunday haha! Sad, but it really has helped me.
Amazed that I'm 12 weeks now, it's such a huge milestone to get to and fingers crossed that everything on Monday is OK. Me being a natural born worrier is thinking the worst, but it's not a "there is something wrong" kind of thought, it's a "what if there is something wrong" kind of thought, so I'm hoping that Monday I'll see the baby wriggling around and I can feel better and then spend the next 8 weeks obsessing over my 20 week scan lol! haha!
So how are you all ladies? Hoping you're all well.
I've got a cold which has almost gone except for my cough, it's being really persistent and I'm coughing so much, I'm giving myself a stomach ache sometimes, I think it's just the muscles. Feel like I'm going to cough the baby out sometimes, but I know the women get colds when they are pregnant so again....it's me being silly.

We're having a bonfire/firework party thingy tomorrow, so that'll be good, although I doubt that I'll be in the garden very much. I'll be wanting to avoid the smoke so I'll probably end up watching the fireworks from inside the house, looking out the window. Are any of you having fireworks and a bonfire going in your garden this weekend? I'll see how smoky the bonfire is, if it's drifting the the other way then I may be fine, but I guess we'll see what happens.

Well hellooooo!!

Absolutely beaming with joy! The scan was fab, the baby is happy and healthy. The most uncooperative baby I've ever seen though and also very active. Would not stop wriggling around. Every time the sonographer got ready to take a measurement, baby moved! LOL! She said something I'll probably hear lots in the future "You have a naughty baby" hahaha! Funny that. Was trying so hard not to laugh but couldn't help it.
In other good news, I have a Xmas Temp job, so thank goodness I'll have some pennies to buy stuff for the baby and to get stuff for Xmas. Really happy. I have my first shift on Saturday. 1-5pm
Only downfall today is that we got 2 parking tickets at the hospital. Yup, 2! Total p***take but what can you do? I refuse to let it get me down, I've had the best news today ever so I'm really happy.
OH on the other hand is absolutely livid, understandable, 2 parking tickets ffs! Never heard of it before. We're going to appeal them anyway as the first one that got given, we were on hospital grounds and there was nothing to say at all that we weren't, but the traffic warden obviously thought different. 2nd one was given before the time had even run out, because OH had gone to the car to move it before time could run out and the warden had stuck it on 2 mins before it was due to run out. Bloody cheek!
So we'll see what happens! But I'm sooo happy, I'm beaming. All that worrying and I'm so relieved! :D:D:D:D:D:D xx

Great news about the scan and the job :) Hubby always appeals parking tickets and has not paid one yet ;)

What does he say to get away with it? lol!

He just seems to know alot about the law lol and will argue that it's not clearly marked etc. The last one was a loading bay that we didn't realise was a loading bay during certain hours, thought it was just a normal yellow line (blue badge holder) so he photographed the signage and appealed and it was cancelled :)

Hey all

The past couple of days have been exhausting and emotional to say the least. Me and the OH have been verging on splitting up, even changing our relationship status on facebook. Arguing over absolutely everything and it's just doing me in.
I phoned my dad up in tears last night after I'd had an argument over whether we were having a tin of beans or spaghetti with our dinner, it just made me feel so angry that we were arguing over something as trivial as that and I had enough, stormed out and phoned my dad.
I went to see him today and OK, he's on the fence about everything, doesn't want to take sides or get involved, he want's to keep out of things which is fair enough. I only really wanted to talk to him, me and him ended up getting into an argument over stuff that happened when I was a kid. I wish he'd stop living in the past. Grrrrr! It was an emotional visit and I returned back home because I want to sort my relationship out, I love my boyfriend dearly and don't want all this going on.
Later on my grandmother phones, starts laying into me for daring ask for my own fathers support and advice when I felt at a really low point. I had enough by this point and just laid into her on the phone and just yelled at her. I feel really bad about it now, but she just had to kick me while I was down. She ended up hanging up on me in a huff and while I feel bad about what happened, I feel like she backed me into a corner. When I told her I was pregnant, she was very negative to me about it and went as far as to say I was going to be a bad mother. Made me feel so horrible inside. She's constantly putting me down and I just got fed up. I mean for heavens sake, if I'd have known confiding in my family about something that was troubling me was going to cause this much grief, I'd have said nothing and phoned samaritans or something. But why should I rely on strangers??? Riles me up!!
I've cried constantly for 3 days, felt like crap for ages and had enough of arguing. I don't need the stress. It's not good for me and most certainly isn't good for the baby.
I just get fed up with people giving opinions when it's not wanted. It's one thing to make constructive criticism. My gran had suggested last night that I moved to France with the baby, this would have then prevented my OH from being able to see his child on a regular basis and it's expensive to travel back and forth. Not only this, but she would have taken over. She'd have been telling me I was doing this wrong, doing that wrong and making me feel like I was incapable. She'd have my best interests at heart so she says but she'd wind up casting me out and that scares me. My dad told her I'd said that of course, so she was upset with me about that, starting ranting at me about it. So of course now I feel even worse. It was a lovely offer of course and if I was on my own and not pregnant, no child on the way, I may have considered it. I know what it's like to hardly have my father in my life and I'd never inflict that purposely on my child. The problem is with me and him not being able to get on right now, I refuse to move to another country and prevent him the right of seeing his baby who he poses no danger to.

Oh I hope things will be OK, I hate falling out with people! :(

:hug99: huge hugs Abbie. Always remember, we're all here for you to talk to if need be. OK so that might not be much consolation ;) but families are wierd things. Half of mine I would have abandoned years ago if it weren't for the blood link! I find it easier now to just take a step back from them all and work on building relationships that are based on more than 2 people having sex together 30 odd years ago and making me out of it!
Would it help if you wrote your OH a letter explaining how you are feeling, how the pregnancy is affecting your emotions, and how concerned you are that the stress will affect the baby? It can be so hard to express yourself properly when things are difficult without crying or getting angry, that sometimes I find a letter or email really helps.

great news about scan and (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((huge hugs))))))))))))))))))))) your having a hard time with other half and other family members it will get better ,hormones grrrrrrrrrr

Hey everyone, thanks so much for your kind comments, means so much.
I was having a think about things the other day and I think last week would have been when I was due on, hence the extra moodiness and tears and arguing.
I don't know. Things are still a little bit strained but I'm hoping we'll be able to sort things through. I love my OH but it's just so emotionally draining at times that the reasons as to why seem so far away.
Got to book my 16 week appointment today, can't believe I'm 14 weeks tomorrow. It's flying by.
How is everyone else doing? xxx

I'm so sorry to read you've been through the mill without support from those who SHOULD be supporting you.
((hugs)) I've not managed to keep up with all on here recently - so sorry.
Really pleased you are feeling a bit more in control of things, hope that you and your BF can resolve the issues etc and that he can realise how you are feeling and be there for you. It's really hard when a relationship hits the rocks. ((Hugs))

Great news that bump is doing well! and indeed time is marching on by!! lol

Hey all,

Just thought I'd write and give an update on stuff. :) Well things are a bit better at the moment, I'm just trying to keep away from the arguments and if I feel one brewing, I try and walk away before it gets out of hand and it's helped me a lot really being able to do this. It doesn't get me as stressed out and it's over and done with quicker.

Cravings....Tomatoes, Mozzarella and Kebab shop Chillis! I am loving all of these, especially the Kebab shop Chillis! I went to Lidls today and found a huge jar of chillis in the desperate hope that they'd be the ones and was thoroughly disappointed that they were nothing like them. :( I am seriously considering going to the kebab shop tomorrow and asking if they'll let me buy a tub of them or something, or order me one! Seriously, I love them so much, I bought a Shish kebab and asked for extra extra chillis, got given 9 and I was gagging for more!! What the hell?? lol!
I finally got my Tesco's baby and parenting club booklet in the post, but my postman annoys the hell out of me, he doesn't put the post through the door properly, it was left half hanging out and it was raining that day and we were out, so by the time we got back, the booklet was soaked, the package it came in was ripped.
Anyway, managed to salvage the coupons and looking forward to going to Tesco's to pick up my pamper hamper thingy. Does anyone know what you actually get in there? Anytime I've googled it, I only get told about whats in the bit for "mum" but I'm more interested what you get in hamper for the baby.
Went and saw the midwife on Friday and she said when I went to the loo to my partner that I seem so much calmer than before the 12 week scan. He rightly said to her that it's because I now know theres definitely a baby inside and that all is OK. So she got the doppler out and had a go at finding the babys heartbeat. The baby was being a little monkey again and dodging practically every attempt to hear his heartbeat, she was picking up on the doppler 133-136bmp, which I was a bit concerned about as at the scan, it'd been 161-163. But she assured me it was normal, anything between 120 and 160 is fine. Eventually, the baby stayed still long enough for us to hear its heartbeat and it was great. Really lovely, which reassured me some more knowing that all is OK.
I go back to see her again for my 16 week appointment on 4th December, so hopefully, we'll hear the heartbeat a bit better. :) Really happy though.
Feeling a bit brighter but feeling tired a bit more at the mo, had a nap earlier today and I had an hour but it felt like I'd only laid down for 2 minutes.
All in all though, I feel fine. :)

hey honey :)

strange about the chillis, ha. i have a real thing for doner kebabs at the moment :( could i have chosen something less healthy if i tried??

Hi ab,

Any news??

glad things went well at your appt! baby is fab letting u hear heartbeat! the most magical sound i ever heard! everytime i go to my mates she gets the doppler out (her mum is my midwife) hehe so i get to hear all the time its fab!!

Glad the arguments have calmed down - u dont need that!

xxx

Aww how wonderful is that first heartbeat sound eh! :D I still love listening to it now, as does my little one who's 5! lol she calls it 'bubbles'. :D

Glad all went well and had to giggle at the chilli's! Thought I was bad with Curry! Jeez! lol

Back