Abbies Diary - Now Mummy To Gorgeous Baby Ethan

XxAbbiexX23

Dieting & Mummy To Ethan
Monday I found out I was pregnant, was the biggest shock ever.
I have PCOS and really thought I was never going to get pregnant, so it was fantastic to find out that I am pregnant now.

I don't know what made me do it, but I had a Digital Clearblue test left from a false alarm that I had something told me to just do the test. I pottered about for 2 mins just sorting clothes out and keeping an eye on the test. I almost dropped the clothes out of my hands when the test suddenly went to "Pregnant, 1-2" I was in absolute shock and went and showed my partners mum who was overjoyed.
My partner was out at the time so I phoned him explaining I'd done a test and he said to get in touch with the doctors and make an appointment, so doing that, I found they were closed until 2pm. By this point it was 12:30pm and the next hour or so dragged by so slowly it was unreal.
Went down to the doctors and got an appointment booked for 4:10pm and on the way back I went into the chemist and picked up another Clearblue test. A normal one this time. When I got in, I did the test and the BFP came up so fast.
Went back to the doctors for 4:10pm and didn't get seen for half an hour, which I wouldn't have minded but I was tired and I was getting crampy a bit, but I hear thats normal. I took my tests along to show her and she said she didn't need my sample then and she'd take my word for it. She did my referral for the midwife and antenatal care and now I'm not sure when I'll be hearing back.
I told my mum and shes fine and I was nervous about telling my dad, I had knots in my stomach. He was the person I was most nervous about telling but he's been fab, he's delighted about becoming a grandfather, he said he even did a "grandad dance" lol!!! Everyone is happy really, shocked but happy.

Symptoms wise I've not been experiencing much apart from tiredness which seems to be increasing now. My boobs are slowly starting to ache a bit more and I get a bit queasy here and there. I get crampy at times too which frightens me as I feel like I'll start my AF but thankfully as of yet, nothing has happened. I am just willing the baby to stick and not go anywhere until it's due.

The next 8 weeks are going to drag for me big time, I can't wait until I get a letter from the midwife or hospital telling me when my scan is, then things will feel more real.

:) xx

Lol at the grandad dance!

Welcome to the pregnancy sections Abs, I didnt hve to wait long at all for my letter from the hosp, probably not even a week...

When i went to my dr, he didnt even take a sample, i just said done 3 pregnany tests all positive, and he said oooh and how do you feel, i.e. abortion etc, which really shocked me as the thought hadnt once netered my mind, but i suppose not everyone is over the moon...

He did my BP that was fine, and filled out my referral and said goodbye and goodluck!

so not much different to yours by the sounds of it hun!

First appointment with the midwife is lovely, your so excited and they tell you so much infomation, most of which goes in one ear and out the other as its hard to take it all in, but that's normal and anything you need to know later on they tell you (up to where i am at anyway).

Dont know if this will help a bit, as none of my freinds have children so i was kind of lost a bit after my first appt wondering what happens next... :-

I had my first appt at 9 weeks, baby looked like a turtle as was facing us curled in a little ball, but saw heartbeat which was fantastic!!
Then i "met" my midwife (she is my second mum lol known her since i was 11 but never mind! She took all mine andPeters details, filling them in about family history etc, and gave me my info pack, which i am still wading through as we speak! She made my 16 week appointment for me, took my bloods, and tinkle! and told me EVERY TIME i go for an appointment to take a sample.

Next went back at 12 weeks for a sneaky scan cos MW wasnt happy that i only had a turtle to look at lol (priveledges of knowing your MW) and then that was it until 16 weeks.

16 week appt was really quick, BP taken, asked a few questions and then listened to babies HB, was so wonderful that bit, heard the placenta also which was like a whoosing sound - all healthy! Booked my 25 weeks appt and that was that.

Next i have my 20 weeks scan which is on the 2nd october, il actually be nearly 22 weeks but due to OH being in afghan ( he didnt have to go in the end) moved it back as much as we could.

Hope i havnt rambled on, but i didnt knwo what was next and where etc, so thought i would tell you what ive been up to so you know a little tiny bit more lol

xxxx

Awww Thanks Lauren, you've been really helpful.

It's just frustrating me at the moment that I have so long to go before any kind of appointment with anyone and I'm just fretting a tad at times, hoping that all will be OK. I get so terrified that I've lost the baby or will lose the baby but apparently a lot of women go through that and don't chill out until they have been for their first scan and have that reassurance that all is well.

So after spending all week, signing in at my course thing which is a lot of rubbish anyway and coming home due to feeling tired, I thought today I'd sign in to my course for the day and then have a wander round town to get a rough idea of where to go for maternity wear and baby clothes when it comes round to buying them.
Due to still being quite biggish anyway, I think I'm going to be resorted to buying stuff from Evans. Ahh well.
I've put on 5lbs since Monday despite eating healthily, but I'm a feeling a bit sick tonight so maybe my MS is going to be kicking in and I'll be puking left right and centre. I had it good whilst it lasted though lol!

Anyways, each day that passes is great and it's almost been a week since finding out, so it's a bit like LT, once you get through the first week, the rest flies by! A week on Tuesday, I'll be 6 weeks pregnant and therefore half way through first trimester. So I'm willing my bean to be sticky and not to go anywhere.

The backache, the tiredness, the nausea and the need to wee more frequently lets me know at the moment that things are OK! So fingers crossed they stay that way.

:) xx

its perfectly normal to be worried hun, i knw me an kirsty would check the toilet evrytime we went 4 a wee frantic we would see blood... But we didnt thank god, its important nt to let it take over, nd to enjoy this time!

Keep busy lookin at baby stuf, and eventualy uq appt wil get here!! X

((hugs)) i'm sure if you read our own threads at the start you will read these fears in ALL of our threads. It's so common to feel scared ((Hugs)) I had a scan at 6 weeks but my GP was right in that it doesn't guarantee anything, I only had a scan cos they feared ectopic due to pain (turned out I'd pulled a muscle swimming).

All we can do is try to 'chill' as much as we can and look after ourselves, the rest we are unable to do anything for - and that in honesty is the case all the way through the pregnancy. ((Hugs)) have faith that you are amazing and can make a baby! And enjoy every second. Time WILL go by no matter how far away 12 weeks, 20 weeks etc etc seems at the start.

What is your course on? is it at college?

Thanks Lauren and Purple, with each passing day, I feel a bit better and I know that each day that goes by, the closer I get to 12 weeks.

The course isn't a course as such, it's something that the jobcentre have sent me on for 13 weeks, it's like intensive job searching because I've been unemployed for nearly a year due to the recession. I've been looking for work for ages and will look for either temporary work or a job that will allow me maternity leave when I get to full term.
Funnily enough, I went for a job interview on the 4th September and it went really well. However when it came to my security checks and whatnot, they took longer to come back than some of the other applicant's so I didn't get the job. But yesterday, my adviser calls me up and tells me that one of the girls who had been offered the job, there had been complications with her and couldn't be taken on and so because I was next favourite, they wanted to know if I wanted it. I said yes of course. But I have a little bit of a problem.
It's working in a call centre so at least I wouldn't be on my feet all day, which isn't a problem. Now it's not all confirmed yet as the employer needs to ring me themselves but all I'm really concerned about is hoping that me being pregnant isn't going to affect anything. I've read up that they can't withdraw a job offer because I'm pregnant as that would be unlawful discrimination and seeing as I'd been interviewed before I even knew I was pregnant and didn't withold any information from them at the time of interview, I know theres not a lot they can do about it.
All I'm really concerned about is the shifts, they consist of 5 x 8 hour shifts, 5 x 10 hour shifts and 9 x 12 hour shifts with hardly any time off except for like a week, so I'd pretty much be working 2-3 weeks straight. If they could swap the 9 x 12 hour shifts to maybe 9 x 8 hour shifts and 5 x 12 hour shifts, maybe that would be better, but obviously this needs to be discussed.
I need the money and don't want to turn the job down, but this baby comes first and if it's going to be a job which is going to have me completely knackered all the time and at risk of having a bad effect on the baby, then I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
I did say at the interview that I'm looking for a job in the long term and this stands true, once I have the baby and have my maternity leave, I'd go back to work.
I'm nervous about telling them, do I tell them beforehand or wait til I'm closer to 12 weeks?
If I get this job, it means that I no longer have to attend this course thing that the job centre have sent me on and means I'll be able to get more money and provide more for the baby, but I'm a bit of a scaredy cat right now, so I'm mulling over what to do! Hmmm!

In other news, feeling a bit nauseous a little more frequently now, so I think MS is making it's presence felt and will probably bestow it's full gift upon me soon lol!

Has anyone got Fybogel??? or Fibreclear?? I need to take something to help me go to the toilet as i'm feeling a tad constipated. :( Not sure what to take though.

Its safe to take fybogel during pregnancy. It's not safe to take any laxatives though, so no senokot or dulcolax etc. You can also try taking some benefibre/fibresure every day to balance you out. If the constipation gets bad, go see your doctor as they can prescribe things that are safe to take. I got terribly impacted early on and had to have enemas prescribed :eek:

As for the job, legally you don't have to tell them that you're pregnant for a long time yet.

I'd 'sit' on the telling them you're pregnant. as Shell said, I think the legalities are after 12 weeks, you'd need to look it up, don't refuse a job as you'll get SMP if you stay there ;) definately worth putting up with a rubbish job for - not that I'm saying it'll be rubbish but even if it is! lol

Fingers x'd for you.

I haven't answered the medication questions as haven't got a clue, but if I need to 'go' then I use senokot. I had trouble with Erin 10 years ago and it was given to me at the chemist, but worth asking a chemist briefly before getting any.

Really? ok it was 10 years ago but I was given it by a pharmacist...
Sorry! ((hugs))

congratulations on your pregnancy :wave_cry:
you donthave to tell employer yet ,cant remember exaclty but if you do a search on the web it will tell you when ,butj youhave a while yet

You can use lactulose too, that's the one that's most commonly given out! Legally you don't have to tell anyone until you're 25 weeks so don't feel you need to say anything yet!

With the worries, it's normal!! My knicker checking has abated now I'm 9 weeks but the fear is still there and will be until I've had my 12 week scan, I've accepted that as normal and see each day as a positive step, fingers crossed we'll all be posting scan pics soon enough!

Well I received the phone call about the job today and I ended up telling them I was pregnant. I'm not too sure if they are still going to offer me the job or not, but I felt I had to do what was right for me and I'm too honest for my own good, so I told them.
I'm hoping that that will go in my favour because of me being upfront and that they'll give me the chance to prove that just because I'm pregnant, doesn't mean i'm incapable of doing a job.
If they don't hire me, then fair enough, but I don't regret my decision to tell them. :)

Congratulations XxAbbieXx23!!!!
yours is a very positive post, I have been trying to get pregnant for 8 years now, have tried all the fertility treatment, not yet tried IVF. My husband and I are planning to adopt next year.
I will pray that your pregnancy goes full term and you are granted a beautiful bundle of joy.

Ahhh godddddddd!!! I'm doing my own head in!!!

I just can't stop eating. I've been trying to do my best and for the most part eating healthily but I ate so much junk today, I'm worried I'm on a slippery slope.
Since I found out last week about my pregnancy and coming off my LT diet, I've gained nearly 10lbs in weight. Now this isn't acceptable for me. I know I was going to gain a little bit back from coming off the diet but not this much and I'm going to be gaining more obviously as the weeks progress and I'm worried I'm going to be taken into the delivery room by a bloomin' fork lift truck!! I would like to try and lose half of what I've put on in the next couple of weeks, so 5lbs would do me nicely so that I don't feel so bad cos I'm not happy with the fact that I've gained almost a stone back! :(:(:(:( Any advice ladies??

Other than that, still no sickness, still no other symptoms, I do tests every couple of days just because I get paranoid that I might actually not be pregnant and that it's all a dream lol!

I have my booking in appointment with the midwife on the 20th October and my scan on 9th November, so once things get moving, I'll be happier. :):)

Hope you're all well xxxxxxxx

Hi hun, great news you have your appointments already! :D Time will soon pass. :)

I am STILL starving every morning till lunch. Honestly I could eat 4 lots of breakfast some days!! :p
My suggestion is to look at high protein meals - I'm not a meat eater so it is cheese/egg based for me in the mornings to stop me starving! lol

But if you eat meat then a cooked breakfast, or whatever takes your fancy is a good thing as the protein takes longer to break down and means less of a 'spike' of sugar/carbs.

But having said all this, I've gained weight and eaten a fair old amount of rubbish in the early weeks too - seemed to crave crisps but honestly I don't eat them normally - this passed around the 12 week stage though thank goodness.

((hugs))

Some of the weight will be down to coming off LL, I lost 3lbs in my last week and put them back on as soon as I came off as I carbloaded again so don't beat yourself up about all of it.............. but.......... take it steady sweets.. I gained a HUGE amount of weight last time (don't know how much, couldn't face weighing myself but it was over 5.5stone) and I really regret it.. I kidded myself it would all be baby (it wasn't!) and it would fall off afterwards (it didn't) and breastfeeding helps you lose weight (it didn't!) and I was stuck with a 12 month old daughter who had a mummy who still weighed what she did the day she left hosptal, 5 stone overweight. This time I'm being much more sensible - I've gained a pound and a half by 10 weeks instead of 12lbs..

Mind you, having said all that, someone who had done exactly what I did last time was saying exactly what I'm saying to you when she was pg with her second and I remembered thinking "But I'm pg, I'm eating for two and it's the one time I can eat what I like! I'll worry about it afterwards!!" so it fell on deaf ears when I had someone say it to me, if it does to you (or doesn't quite sink in enough!!) then don't feel bad, I had to be there at the other end of the pg to really understand what she meant! If you can't rein it in completely then just don't go too mad - I find chopping up apples and grapes and adding a muller light yogurt really helps satisfy any nibbling urges but until you're 12 weeks and your MS goes it's almost a case of geting through on eating what doesn't make you feel sick so be kind to yourself too!

Well today has been a lot better. Had no junk food whatsoever. I've had Ryvita with a bit of butter and honey on 2 and marmite on the other 2 and I've been eating fruit as well so when I have felt like snacking, it's been on fruit.
My only indulgence for today is going to be a Jacket Potato with either Tuna or some cheese, haven't decided. It might be the cheese as usually I like Tuna and Mayo and seeing as I can't have that, I'll probs settle for a bit of cheese. Nothing over the top.
But today I'm proud of myself and I don't need to go nuts which has been proved. I'll try drinking more water as well as sometimes it might not be due to hunger, it might be due to thirst.
Thanks for the advice though ladies :):)

You can have mayo - just not fresh home-made mayo. Hellmans and such is fine as it's not raw eggs ;)

Well done on the healthier options :) It's great when we can make the effort - and know that when we have days that 'go wrong' it's fine.

I must admit with Erin I didn't gain till 7.5 months then a stone till she was born, all gone by the time I was home. But this time I'm up just over 21lb now.. not great but I figure some of it is baby and some is me! lol I had to come off CD too so some will be water. But whatever it is, I'll sort it after baby arrives and I'm still less than I was in January when I started on CD.

Back