ABERDEEN - Day 4 for me and me hubby!

I know what you mean - am hoping to be much reduced by xmas but will take longer to look really svelte - :p me thinks he he he. Just have to keep plodding away. Am just craving food this week cant wait for AAM next week. Mind u its things like a crunchy apple or a baked potato i want and i wont get that for many months yet.

I want toast!!! lol!!

Another thought re the swimming - muscle weighs heavier than fat - have you been exercising a lot this week?

toast - as in sesame prawn toast and satay chicken- am salivating at the thought :eek: that is gonna be my treat if i can reach xmas - lol

Another thought re the swimming - muscle weighs heavier than fat - have you been exercising a lot this week?

I wish!! No, tonight was the first night!! I was knackered! I havent exercised for ages! I do plan on doing it twice a week if poss tho, need to tone up!:eek:

toast - as in sesame prawn toast and satay chicken- am salivating at the thought :eek: that is gonna be my treat if i can reach xmas - lol

My goal treat changes depending on my mood! Today, if I was at goal I would be having...

A medium sized baked potato with crispy skin, butter soaked and baked beans on it!!

Ill have to stop thinking about it! :rolleyes:

my other craving is a bacon double cheeseburger with fries from Sizzlers down Justice Mill Lane - my bro introduced me a few years ago and have been addicted since (whenever i am in aberdeen- so am avoiding the granite city like the plague just now)

my other craving is a bacon double cheeseburger with fries from Sizzlers down Justice Mill Lane - my bro introduced me a few years ago and have been addicted since (whenever i am in aberdeen- so am avoiding the granite city like the plague just now)

I just spotted this thread (been away from minimins for a few weeks) I used to live in Aberdeen too, when I was a student. Too many years ago!

Is Justice Mill Lane the cobbled street down the steep hill where Henry J Beans used to be, or maybe still is? If I'm thinking of the right street I've had many a cheeseburger & fires from some place there after a Happy Hour (which usually turned into a happy 4 hours when I was a student) in Henry J beans. I wonder if it's the same place!

Its just along from what used to be the odeon cinema (just off Holburn Street) but is now a gym and health club and opposite a karaoke bar (the name of it escapes me). Henry J's was much further down the same street - i remember it well ah strawberry daquari's......

I remember now (I went and googled aberdeen street names!) Windmill brae is where I was thinking of!

I guess Henry J's has gone now then? I remember the daquiris well! There was a v small nightclub somewhere near HJ's too, called Bensons or Bouncers or something. Do you know of it? Bet it's long gone now!

Cant think of that one. I seem to remember up the brae from Henry J's and round the corner to the left was Tatlers Sports Club - allegedly a night club upstairs and downstairs they did the most fantastic meals but downstairs had a different name.....its about 13 years since i left aberdeen so its most likely all changed on the pub front......old wifie that i am lol

its about 13 years since i left aberdeen so its most likely all changed on the pub front......old wifie that i am lol[/quote]

I left Aberdeen 16 years ago, old wifie here too! I've only been back once since, for a weekend. I miss Aberdeen, happy days there as a student :)

I live about an hour or so away from aberdeen and tend to go shopping there but you cant really trail kids around but trying to recapture your youth and dont want to explain to OH why i know all these places seeing as he thinks i'm a wee angel..........tee hee

I walked past Sizzlers when I left the Bon Accord Baths last night and was telling my OH that I had the best 'dirty' burger there ever! It was a bacon double cheeseburger too, so greasy, but so gorgeous!! I was practically drooling at all the lovely smells as I walked by!!

SS-Wise: Got home, had a soup, drank lots of still water and was in bed by 9.30pm!! Have def. decided to cut down the sparkling water in case that is having an effect on me weight loss. Was definately in the pink this morning!

Having major weird and mixed up dreams at the mo, seem to remember this being part and parcel of ketosis, do you get this?

Funny you should mention dreams Rachel but i woke up in a absolute sweat the other morning having dreamt i was pregnant with triplets OMG that would end me altogether as my youngest is 61/2 and i dont plan on having any more...lol have to get my dream dictionary out ....lol

SS wise - plain sparkling water is ok i think its just the flavoured stuff you have to watch. Anyway a box of the flavoured powder is about £6 ish i think and it lasts me for well over a week and i am drinking between 4-6 litres of water each day (which i couldn't do without the flavours). So it prob works out much cheaper than buying van loads of the PC anyway. Be warned tho a friend of mine cant use it because it makes her rather windy ..if u know what i mean....tee hee

Funny you should mention dreams Rachel but i woke up in a absolute sweat the other morning having dreamt i was pregnant with triplets OMG that would end me altogether as my youngest is 61/2 and i dont plan on having any more...lol have to get my dream dictionary out ....lol

SS wise - plain sparkling water is ok i think its just the flavoured stuff you have to watch. Anyway a box of the flavoured powder is about £6 ish i think and it lasts me for well over a week and i am drinking between 4-6 litres of water each day (which i couldn't do without the flavours). So it prob works out much cheaper than buying van loads of the PC anyway. Be warned tho a friend of mine cant use it because it makes her rather windy ..if u know what i mean....tee hee

My dreams have been so weird and last nights was just plain odd!! Cant even remember most of it now but it was weird!

I had heard that the Srawb & Kiwi water was fine as it has malic not citric acid in it so last week I was drinking a 2ltr bottle a day, this week Im hardly even having a glass every 2 days so maybe it'll do the trick.

Im so chuffed tho that I didnt eat last night as I would have normally! It seems that I have used food both as a punishment and as a reward and for just any old reason in the past lol!! I'm gonna have to find more to do in the evening tho as thats when I get bored and want to eat. What do you do to take your mind off food?

Like you i am an evening eater!!! So what i have been doing is drinking loads of water in the morning and not having my first soup/shake until lunchtime, having second at teatime and that leaves a bar to nibble at in the evening with water and cups of coffee. The peanut one is like the middle bit of a starbar if you remember them - yum :D. I also tend to come on the computer most evenings, especially when the family are having their meal as i cant stand watching them eat.

As for keeping my mind off food - i cant but i keep promising myself that if i have lost a reasonable amount by xmas am going out for a chinese - hence the salivating over prawn toast last night ....lol

Forgot to say well done for being strong and not eating last night. Give yourself a big pat on the back girl!!:party0049:

Thanks Claire, I appreciate it! We walked down by the beach today and the kids and OH had a chippy from Mikes and I sat there while they ate it and idint feel bad, wahey!!

Re the bars, the only one I really like is the Malt toffee, its lush! Closely followed by the orange bar. I have limited myself to 1 a week on weigh day as a treat! I like them too much which is why Im only having one!

I might try having my first shake later on in the morning, see if that helps, I tend to have my evening shake quite late so that I dont feel the need to eat, especially after everyone else has eaten.

Im going to go for a bath soon tho to chill out.

Ive just been watching 10 yrs younger, Im so scared that my belly will be that saggy, Im going to go to my docs once Ive lost a few stone and see how the land lies for a TT on the NHS, fingers crossed!! I think it would be a miracle if my skin bounces back, but miracles do happen, so Ill be optimistic!!:D

How has your day gone? I wish I could post more during the day but am at work and only get a sneaky chance now and again!!

Id better glug some more water before bed. :rolleyes:

Hi Rachel
When you go to the doctor i think its good to play the mental stress card and how much the stress is affecting you in order to get done on the NHS. Maybe check some of the other threads on here - Icemoose a CDC has a whole thread about tummy tuck and i think his was done on the NHS.

My day has been pretty good but am working 12 hr shifts tomorrow and Sat (hazards of being a nurse) so i wont manage to post during the day as no internet access at all. Am between jobs at the moment and doing relief work but start new job on 3rd Sep with better hours.......roll on. I find it easier with the diet when i am working and i tend to drink 6-7 litres of water those days as i keep a bottle of water handy at all times and drink about 1 litre each break. Somehow i cant seem to drink quite so much at home.

Will try to come online tmrw night.....

Another thought - my CDC said that although there is no scientific research he believes that the more water you drink the greater the weight loss - he lost 12 stones in 7 months and drank ...i think he said 5-6 litres daily (dont quote me on that) and i've been averaging 5 litres a day and my loss has been good so far. How much are you managing to drink?

Take care and spk to u tmrw

Back