ABERDEEN - Day 4 for me and me hubby!

Well done Rachel - what a boost!!

Thanks, it is!! Had a great afternoon since I found out!

Pampering sounds like a fab reward - I'd love to go to a spa but would definitely need to lose weight first - it's the paper knickers that put me off..

Lol!! Never had to wear paper knickers thank god!! I just stripped down to my undies as I was under a cover, I had a back,shoulder and neck massage, a facial (which was sooooo lush!!) and a manicure, so the only thing uncovered really was my back. I would have been too embarassed normally, but figured that I really didnt care anymore if they thought I was vile, I wanted to enjoy the experience!!

Just back from my weigh in - I confessed all!! I don't know how but I managed to lose 7lbs. It's bizarre - on weeks I've stuck to it religiously I've lost less than half of that so I don't know how it works!

New week and no cheating for me now.

Cxx.
What a fantastic loss!!! Well done!!! You must be so happy!! Good on the no cheating, I intend not to either!!:D

PS are you feeling more toned with the swimming Rachel - I haven't risked it yet but really want to take my wee boy for his first trip to the swimming pool asap.

Not done enough swimming to feel toned, just achy!!! Will have to do it twice a week soon, the hardest part is convincing myself to go! I definately feel it all over tho!!

Last edited:
This is probably going to sound realllllllly silly but after you've had a facial/massage do you not feel that you're not really fit to drive? You know when you're so chilled out the world just seems to be going on around you?

Maybe it's just me!!

Cxx

This is probably going to sound realllllllly silly but after you've had a facial/massage do you not feel that you're not really fit to drive? You know when you're so chilled out the world just seems to be going on around you?

Maybe it's just me!!

Cxx

Its not silly at all!! I was so tired after, I could have slept there and then, so relaxed! :p My friend had their prenatal treaatment and she was worse then me, she had to drive 7 miles home tho and she managed it! I have to say, the facial was the most relaxing, not only do you get lovely smelling things rubbed into your face and neck, you also get a fab massage to boot!!

I booked myself in for the end of next month and the month after as it was so good. I didnt realise that I never really relax properly until yesterday, Ive come to the conclusion that I deserve to chill out now and again!!:eek:

Well done Christine thats a great weight loss! Keep it going. I used to go swimming at the Buckie pool and am thinking i will have to get started again soon. Its just the thought of putting on that swimming cossie and letting others see the flabby bits.

And Rachel well done on going swimming twice a week. Thats fab!

Well done Christine thats a great weight loss! Keep it going. I used to go swimming at the Buckie pool and am thinking i will have to get started again soon. Its just the thought of putting on that swimming cossie and letting others see the flabby bits.

And Rachel well done on going swimming twice a week. Thats fab!

I felt the same about the cossie honestly, but at the end of the day I want to get slimmer, fitter, healthier etc so I have to do something exercise wise, no one knows me there so I dont care what they think! It used to really bother me up until recently, but what I want outweighs me worrying about stuff like that thank god!

You should give it a go, its worth it!:D

I'm really impressed by your determination Rachel - I'm still at the 'nobody's seeing me in a cossie' stage but I bought a new one in May and it's still never been on. Must try harder!!

Is your weigh in tomorrow Claire??

Cxx

I'm really impressed by your determination Rachel - I'm still at the 'nobody's seeing me in a cossie' stage but I bought a new one in May and it's still never been on. Must try harder!!

Is your weigh in tomorrow Claire??

Cxx

Give it a go! Honestly, the first time is the worst, it gets better, believe me! And to be honest, it wasnt bad at all, as its a proper swimming pool not a leisure pool, people were just there to swim so no one bothered!

Hi Christine
Sat morning should be weigh in day- need to get in touch with Alex. He is really good at being flexible with my times as i am a nurse and work shifts.

Hi Rachel - you are so right i need to get a grip and stop worrying about others looking at me.
Think i will start swimming next week - am giving myself this week to try to get the house back into some kind of order after the tornado from the gruesome twosome over the last few weeks....lol

Hi Christine
Sat morning should be weigh in day- need to get in touch with Alex. He is really good at being flexible with my times as i am a nurse and work shifts.

Hi Rachel - you are so right i need to get a grip and stop worrying about others looking at me.
Think i will start swimming next week - am giving myself this week to try to get the house back into some kind of order after the tornado from the gruesome twosome over the last few weeks....lol

It ill be worth it, believe me, I'm feeling parts of my body I forgot existed!! Im so glad the kids are back at school, mind you my eldest one isnt! She is in 4th yr and is worried about exams already!!:eek:

How many children do you have Rachel - i just have the two girls aged 6 & 7.
We are considering changing their school at the moment because since last term the school have had a huge healthy eating thing going (and i do agree with healthy eating) and have decided this term to completely ban crisps and sweets. My 7 year old has become obsessed with eating 5 a day so much so that on holiday it was a struggle to get her to eat protein and carbs and she won't eat puddings at all. I caught her jogging up and down the road to the farm and looking in her mirror sucking her tummy in which is making her father and me ill with worry.
I went to the school yesterday and spoke to the headmistress of my concerns and she firstly accused me of sending crisps with them for snack and then when i said they both had a cereal bar she basically told me off for giving them a cereal bar for snack as it was probably full of sugar. Am absolutely incensed today and have printed loads of research off the internet to give to her today regarding young girls and anorexia resulting from healthy eating being harped on about and banning foods and also how banning foods makes children crave them more. If she wont listend we are going to remove the girls and send them to another school.

Is there any of this at yours childrens schools?

Claire - that's awful - when they're at an age where they're so easily influenced - education like that needs to be done with a lot of consideration.

Hope the headmistress will take your info on board. It would be awful for the girls to have to move schools.

Thinking of you.

Cxx

Well she didn't take much notice of anything i said and told me i was in the minority and that she had to go with the majority. She also said there was not a ban on crisps in the school but she was encouraging pupils not to have crisps. I then asked her why my children had told me they were not allowed crisps and she had no answer. She told me i must be unique as i feed my kids with home cooked food every day (we dont used processed stuff - being married to a beef farmer and all that) as most folks use processed foods. And to add insult to injury she told me to look positively on my 7 year old jogging up and down our road as it was exercise (the kids have a trampoline, swings, bicycles and go swimming and dancing every week so they exercise without knowing about it) and that if i became too worked up about it all i would have a detrimental effect on my children. Am due to start a new job in a week and once i am settled into a new routine the OH and i think the girls may well be moving school. Oh she also told me they had done a lesson in class on a balanced meal and the whole lesson was planned to accomodate my daughter. She told me she was going to starting looking at what they get in their packed lunch next term and she also suggested i keep the crisps (which they only get every 2nd or 3rd day) and give them to them when they get home as what they have at home is not her concern.

Whatever happened to everything in moderation and what about infringing our rights......gggrrrrrrr
The smoke is still coming from my ears as we type.....:mad:

How many children do you have Rachel - i just have the two girls aged 6 & 7.
We are considering changing their school at the moment because since last term the school have had a huge healthy eating thing going (and i do agree with healthy eating) and have decided this term to completely ban crisps and sweets. My 7 year old has become obsessed with eating 5 a day so much so that on holiday it was a struggle to get her to eat protein and carbs and she won't eat puddings at all. I caught her jogging up and down the road to the farm and looking in her mirror sucking her tummy in which is making her father and me ill with worry.
I went to the school yesterday and spoke to the headmistress of my concerns and she firstly accused me of sending crisps with them for snack and then when i said they both had a cereal bar she basically told me off for giving them a cereal bar for snack as it was probably full of sugar. Am absolutely incensed today and have printed loads of research off the internet to give to her today regarding young girls and anorexia resulting from healthy eating being harped on about and banning foods and also how banning foods makes children crave them more. If she wont listend we are going to remove the girls and send them to another school.

Is there any of this at yours childrens schools?

My God!! That is horrendous, I cant beleive that they are making such an issue out of it! The Head should have listened to your concerns seriously and tried to come to some sort of solution, not reacted like that! My youngest who's 9 is very conscious of her weight,size etc so much so that at one point I was very concerned as she was only eating 1 piece of veg or fruit at school, i spoke to the Head who was very helpful, she asked one of the helpers at lunchtime to chat with Molly and encourage her, It seemed to work, nowadays she wont stop eating! Healthy stuff mind and she is growing like mad!

I have 2 girls aged 14 and 9 and my husband has a boy and a girl aged 15 and 17, we also have a cat and 2 guinea pigs lol!!:D

If you dont get anywhere with the Head, speak to the Eduaction dept at your council or the schools board of directors, see if any of the other parents have concerns about their children?

The biggest problem is that the school only had about 22 kids in total and quite a few of them are overweight because i am told by the headteacher that they were coming to school with 2-3 bags crisps and chocolate at the end of last term and that was just for break time - not my problem and its their mothers to blame. So most of the mothers are in favour of it and the Chairperson of the School Health Committee ranted to a friend of mine that she had a ban on crisps and sweets in her home as they are so unhealthy - ironically its her son who is one of the tubby ones - so if he's eating so healthily and getting no treats at all why is he so tubby??

I spoke to some mothers in the nearest town last night and there is absolutely no carry on there and another friend forgot to give her son a snack with him and she phoned from my house to sort it out and they asked her if it was ok to give him some crisps from the tuck shop and she could pay later??? These schools are all within about a 10 miles radius!!!

As you can probably tell i am on my high horse about it all.

The head teacher actually questioned my choice of cereal bar for the kids as well......... and then told me packed lunches were going to be looked at next term.

Hubby and i have decided to hell with it and well will feed our kids as we see fit.

The biggest problem is that the school only had about 22 kids in total and quite a few of them are overweight because i am told by the headteacher that they were coming to school with 2-3 bags crisps and chocolate at the end of last term and that was just for break time - not my problem and its their mothers to blame. So most of the mothers are in favour of it and the Chairperson of the School Health Committee ranted to a friend of mine that she had a ban on crisps and sweets in her home as they are so unhealthy - ironically its her son who is one of the tubby ones - so if he's eating so healthily and getting no treats at all why is he so tubby??

I spoke to some mothers in the nearest town last night and there is absolutely no carry on there and another friend forgot to give her son a snack with him and she phoned from my house to sort it out and they asked her if it was ok to give him some crisps from the tuck shop and she could pay later??? These schools are all within about a 10 miles radius!!!

As you can probably tell i am on my high horse about it all.

The head teacher actually questioned my choice of cereal bar for the kids as well......... and then told me packed lunches were going to be looked at next term.

Hubby and i have decided to hell with it and well will feed our kids as we see fit.

DAMN RIGHT YOU SHOULD!!!

I'm all for healthy eating, my kids have proper home cooked food and healthy snacks, however they do get crisps and the odd sweet sometimes. I learned the hard way with that, my mum completely banned all sweets and crisps from our house, she even grounded me when she found out I had bought sweets, suffice to say, out of the house and once I left home, I used to gorge myself on junk!

Children should have a healthy attitude about food, a little bit of a treat here and there wont harm them, the teachers should know better, I know that childhood obesity is an issue, but they should listen to what you are saying, the ignorant fools!!:mad:

Sorry for the rant!!:rolleyes:

Its really good to know that others feel the same and i'm not just going off on a tangent and getting myself all worked up about nothing though! I reckon (not that the school will listen) that theres a lot of reverse psychology involved - if you can have it you will take it or leave it, if you cant have it you want it all the more which is exactly as you described about yourself and sweets. I even printed research from the internet for her but i dont suppose she will read it.
Its been 3 days now since i spoke to her the first time and i am still just as worked up as i was then although i'm now angry as opposed to upset and worried.

Lost 2lb this week on the AAM week, so am chuffed with that cos i ate a wee bit more than i should have. Hope you are all having a good weekend!!

Hey Langnan
Im in Macduff!

Im on day3 of SSing....and im having a really bad nite. Ive been emotional all day cz i can eat n drink what i wana.

Hi Claire - good loss for AAM - it coming off - woo hoo!!

Babs

The first few days are the worst but once you pass those it gets much less emotional and easier to deal with.

Good luck

Christine xx

Back