ABERDEEN - Day 4 for me and me hubby!

Hi Babs - keep at it because the results are fast and good - i have lost 32lb in 5 weeks and am back on SS after AAM last week which is hard because a little bit of food and i just wanted more but hey ho back to shakes this week. It is hard but its worth it - drink extra water if you are feeling rotten and that helps. I avoided the OH and kids at mealtimes in the beginning and only made just enough so i had no opportunity to pick.

Hi Jefferson
I'm at the other end of Aberdeenshire - between Cullen and Portsoy so bordering with Moray. How long have you and girlfriend been on SS? My promise to myself is that am going for a Chinese at Xmas if i manage to lose a big chunk by then and that keep me going....lol

Thanks Christine

How are you going this week - you did really well last week with 7lb - hope its another good one this week

Hi Rachel
Hows it going this weekend?

Really crap tbh, I had some really crap news on Friday and its thrown me, financial stuff I cant go into, I'll manage to sort it out tomorrow morning but its caused a lot of hassle and completely spoiled my weekend. I was true to old form of course and spent the entire weekend drowning my sorrows and eating carb filled crap when drunk. very pissed off with myself on one hand, but on the other, Im just gonna have to learn to deal with these things and not resort to food. Im back SS'ing now aand will probably lose a lb if anything this week slowing my weigh loss well down, but I'll try to rectify it as best I can.

Hows things with you this weekend? Better than mine I hope?!!:eek:

Found the AAM a nightmare :confused: and have been picking at things all week but have managed to avoid carbs and picked at proteins. Had a very large salad last night full of protein and veggie things but much more than i am allowed. Never mind was good today until i was putting together their supper and i had a pick at some chicken and coleslaw. Onwards and upwards or should i say downwards (weightwise) for the rest of this week. Sorry to hear you have had a crap weekend - i'm the same if something upsets me i just want to eat. :cry:

Found the AAM a nightmare :confused: and have been picking at things all week but have managed to avoid carbs and picked at proteins. Had a very large salad last night full of protein and veggie things but much more than i am allowed. Never mind was good today until i was putting together their supper and i had a pick at some chicken and coleslaw. Onwards and upwards or should i say downwards (weightwise) for the rest of this week. Sorry to hear you have had a crap weekend - i'm the same if something upsets me i just want to eat. :cry:

The thing is Im making more of it than necessary I suppose, its just that the shock of it got to me, it was definately not expected and completely threw me. I can see now I have calmed down that it isnt really that big an issue and is easily sorted but for someone who is a bit of a control freak and likes to always know what is going on so I can deal with it head on, it was a big deal!

Ah well, as you say, onwards and downwards weighwise!! Well done with the AAM week, its a scary prospect but al least you had the right things when you picked!!

Bough 2 tickets to see Ray Lamontagne for this October and also bought a access pass for the council gym/swimming and fitness facilities so am well chuffed!!

YouTube - Ray LaMontagne - Trouble

Good for you on the gym pass. Have decided am going swimming this week come hell or high water and will go during the day when the kids are at school. The house is almost back to normal after the hols - just a mountain of ironing to catch up with before i start a new job next week. Hopefully my uniforms which i got measured for before i started the diet will be hanging off me (or not)- or at the very least not so tight as i remember - lol. The next few weeks here are gonna be a nightmare as OH took combine out of shed today and harvest will be starting anytime soon.....aaarrggh - he's always a grumpy sod at this time of year and usually i take solace in food.......must keep strong....must keep strong....must keep strong...lol wonder if i keep saying it if it will work

Really like that song "Trouble" havent heard any others of his. Is he playing at the AECC?

Good for you on the gym pass. Have decided am going swimming this week come hell or high water and will go during the day when the kids are at school. The house is almost back to normal after the hols - just a mountain of ironing to catch up with before i start a new job next week. Hopefully my uniforms which i got measured for before i started the diet will be hanging off me (or not)- or at the very least not so tight as i remember - lol. The next few weeks here are gonna be a nightmare as OH took combine out of shed today and harvest will be starting anytime soon.....aaarrggh - he's always a grumpy sod at this time of year and usually i take solace in food.......must keep strong....must keep strong....must keep strong...lol wonder if i keep saying it if it will work

Really like that song "Trouble" havent heard any others of his. Is he playing at the AECC?

He's playing at the music hall on 31st October, mostly sold out from what I could see when I bought my tickets so it looks like it'll be a good night!!
He has so many good songs, great to listen to when you are up or down!

Keep strong like you say, it just might work! You deinately seem to be made of strong stuff willpower wise for SS'ing so I would think you will manage brilliantly! Theres always minimins to help too, I dont know what Id do without it tbh.

I know i seem to spend most of my spare time (LOL - whats that) on this computer so that i can get away from the kitchen. I seem to have become a games obsessive.....When i tried LL a few years ago i gave up about this time but am so determined to keep going this time- we can only try our best though...eh? My goal for this week is to try not to pick at all. Sometimes i wonder if a good blowout would sort it all out but am frightened in case it knocks me all wrong and off the diet altogether. OH is so keen on helping me i feel like a criminal when am picking cos i have to wait til he has gone outside or to the loo or something - secret eating and all that......lol

Hi Rachel and Christine

Good luck for the weigh in tomorrow.

Let me know how you get on!

Am sure you will both be :superwoman: !!

Rachel - I've been really bad too -get weighed tonight (I'll post how bad later) - so let's start with a clean slate tomorrow and move on - need to get back in the zone as they say.

& change your avatar to something positive!!!!!

How're you getting on Claire??

Cxx

Rachel
I am so sorry about the gain - i remember you were pretty stressed out at the end of last week so can understand why you ate - i would have been exactly the same. Don't beat yourself up about it though and as Christine says start afresh tomorrow and heres to a good loss next week.

Christine - hope you have managed to lose a bit - will check back tomorrow to see if you have posted.

Am having a wee bit of a picky week this week - finding it hard to get back to nothing after AAM - but have managed to limit myself to the odd slice of cold meat so far but am heading to bed early tonight as i feel the munchies coming on. Have had a bit of a day and finally took the bull by the horns and have enrolled the girls at a different school - they start on Monday and joy of joys thats the day i start my new job - mind you theres so much going on here just now i really dont have time to eat so that probably helps me out!

Managed to put on 1lb - I thought it would have been more. But going to SS now and stop kidding myself.

Was it your aam week Rachel - I found it really hard to stick to the portion sizes. Also I was thinking if you've put it on so quickly in a week maybe a lot of it is fluid so it should come off quickly this week. The stress won't have helped and when we've spent the last however many years using food to comfort us it's only natural that's the first place we return to. Thinking positive thoughts for you for this week.

Hi Claire

How are the girls feeling about moving school? It's really good it's so early in the term, it'll be much easier for them. Good luck for the new job on Monday - is it Gray's ur going to be working in?

Cxx

Rachel - I've been really bad too -get weighed tonight (I'll post how bad later) - so let's start with a clean slate tomorrow and move on - need to get back in the zone as they say.

& change your avatar to something positive!!!!!

How're you getting on Claire??

Cxx

Hiya, I have restarted today and am trying to get psyched up!! I will change my avatar honestly, I just felt like a fat pig yesterday!
Amazing the difference putting weight back on has made, my back and leg are killing me, its almost like my sciatica has returned, the sooner the lbs come off the better!

Hope you managed to lose tho, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Definately getting back in the zone!

Rachel
I am so sorry about the gain - i remember you were pretty stressed out at the end of last week so can understand why you ate - i would have been exactly the same. Don't beat yourself up about it though and as Christine says start afresh tomorrow and heres to a good loss next week.

Christine - hope you have managed to lose a bit - will check back tomorrow to see if you have posted.

Am having a wee bit of a picky week this week - finding it hard to get back to nothing after AAM - but have managed to limit myself to the odd slice of cold meat so far but am heading to bed early tonight as i feel the munchies coming on. Have had a bit of a day and finally took the bull by the horns and have enrolled the girls at a different school - they start on Monday and joy of joys thats the day i start my new job - mind you theres so much going on here just now i really dont have time to eat so that probably helps me out!

SO glad you have moved the girls, how are they taking to the idea? Cant belive how the Head acted, she shouldnt be responsible for children when she has an attitude like that!

Re AAM week, I still havent done one, am scared of eating and eating, look at last week! At least you have only had the odd pick of meat tho, I had carbs last week and they have had such a detrimental effect on me, emotionally as well as physically.

Whats your new job btw? Tell all!!!:D

Managed to put on 1lb - I thought it would have been more. But going to SS now and stop kidding myself.

Was it your aam week Rachel - I found it really hard to stick to the portion sizes. Also I was thinking if you've put it on so quickly in a week maybe a lot of it is fluid so it should come off quickly this week. The stress won't have helped and when we've spent the last however many years using food to comfort us it's only natural that's the first place we return to. Thinking positive thoughts for you for this week.

I havent done an AAm week yet, I should have but am too scared to given my state of mind, I dont think I would be able to stop, maybe when I have a couple of straight SS'ing weeks under my belt!
I def need to find an alternative way of coping with stress instead of food, its always been there tho, for every eventuality :( I just caved in.

However, I am trying to be more positive today! Will think positive thoughts for us all!!!

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

Hi Christine

Sorry to hear you put on a pound - my scales at home are going bonkers :scale: so am unsure about me this week - am 4lbs up on yesterday morning and i was pretty good yesterday - maybe i can blame the batteries in the scales!!!!
I went to the school yesterday just after lunch and took the girls for a visit after they finished school and they are ecstatic and i knew i had done the right thing when the eldest said she would have a happy feeling inside again because she has friends at the new school through brownies etc. Almost had a bubble :tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop: at the thought of her having been feeling sad inside......am a bit of a softie when it comes to my kids, i suppose we all are and just want them to be happy and healthy.
Yep its Grays i start in on Mon - renal dialysis so a fresh challenge for me - and just 3 days a week and every sunday off which is a bonus in nursing - cant wait.

Hi Rachel

Thats the spirit - start afresh and forget about the last week.

Heres sending you both good vibes for this week :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Hi Christine

Sorry to hear you put on a pound - my scales at home are going bonkers :scale: so am unsure about me this week - am 4lbs up on yesterday morning and i was pretty good yesterday - maybe i can blame the batteries in the scales!!!!
I went to the school yesterday just after lunch and took the girls for a visit after they finished school and they are ecstatic and i knew i had done the right thing when the eldest said she would have a happy feeling inside again because she has friends at the new school through brownies etc. Almost had a bubble :tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop: at the thought of her having been feeling sad inside......am a bit of a softie when it comes to my kids, i suppose we all are and just want them to be happy and healthy.
Yep its Grays i start in on Mon - renal dialysis so a fresh challenge for me - and just 3 days a week and every sunday off which is a bonus in nursing - cant wait.

Hi Rachel

Thats the spirit - start afresh and forget about the last week.

Heres sending you both good vibes for this week :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

I'm so glad the girls are happy about moving school! Its awful to think your children have been feeling sad, I moved my girls from their old school as they were being bullied and despite speaking to the head about it, he assure me that there was no bullying, their school had an anti-bullying policy!! Much good that did then!
We also ended up moving home as the bullies lived next door, talking to their parents about didnt help as they told me to f**k off and threatened me also. I wasnt with my OH then and they knew it was just me and the girls there. It was a hellish couple of years, we were broken into twice in the space of a few months, windows broken the whole shebang!!!!

However, couldnt be happier since we moved house and school, the girls have blossomed and have much more confidence which is fantastic!! Well done you for making that decision!!:D

Back