Abi's sleepless diary :D - introducing isobel :D

Well done on getting joined up :)
Good luck with the physio tomorrow hun, hope you're feeling a bit better x

well so far i've felt so bad and had such nasty heartburn that i haven't really been eating anyways!!

have had a few tomatoes, some laughing cow light and two eggs... not exactly what i was planning on, ha. am going to have a muller light in a mo... ah well. at least i've gotten something in me. and it's all sw friendly, although so would all the other stuff i could have had that i can't face, ha.

abz xx

hello :angeldevil: how are you? hope the heartburn has gone! it can be soo sore! old wives would say you will have a baby with loads of hair, gorgeous! not long now my love :D

Shouldn't you eat more than that? (voice of concern!) i know your not silly but take care babe. So your weigh in is Monday, yeah?

x x

How you doing hun? Boo to the heartburn, I'm living on Gaviscon and Rennies just now - and the 4D scan showed my baby is bald so it's all for nothing :( lol.
Get your Gaviscon on prescription while its free ;)

i would usually eat more than that hon, but really couldn't face it with feeling so sick. and was indeed incredibly sick when i got home, much of which was acid. had sausages and mash and beans for tea. quick and easy. used up all my syns on the ruddy sausages because they needed using. they were tesco finest ones and didn't just want to chuck them, ha. as it was they weren't that great and i have discovered that quorn bangers, which i love, are FREE :D :D woo.

have had bran flakes for brekkie this morning and have a teensy (and i mean teensy) bit of leaving cake on my desk for the friend that's leaving work today for when i fancy it. i'll prob count it as five syns. it's about an inch high and under two inches square, so i think that should do it... don't think i'll be using any other syns today so should be ok regardless :)

oh forgot to say (doh). went to the physio this morning and my midwife hadn't even referred me for pelvic pain!! just my previous back problem. gah!! so i had to bring it up and explain and things and felt like a right numpty. basically i'm to do my pelvic floor exercises (which i'm already doing) and some pulling in my tummy muscles exercises. she's now off for a fortnight. so i'm supposedly going back then to have accupuncture and maybe talk about a support or something then... i knew that the baby would pretty much be here before anything was done. rather peeved.

abz xx

thanks kirsty. so far so good but am starting to feel really sick again :( not sure i can hold out for three hours to get home but i hate being sick at work.

had to go and be sick half way through a meeting *sigh* but it was an IT meeting on an internal chat programme thing. daftest idea ever. took 2 hours and we didn't get anywhere. but i couldn't be sick!! it was awful. lots of retching and not getting anywhere :( so now i have tummy ache too :(

only an hour to go before i can go home. so i'll make it. am having a muller light to drown my sorrows, ha.

abz xx

nope. not long. SO tired. ha. i don't seem to have done anything productive today at all. but i just want to leave now. am seriously considering using up the two weeks of holiday i have left and leaving earlier... but i will get paid the holiday pay after christmas if that's the case... saying all of that, i'm not sure with my back and pelvis probs that i'll be able to handle another six weeks of this in any case. and if i end up signed off sick i don't want to use up that two weeks of pay that i'm sure will come in really handy!!

abz xx

Hi Abz, hope your feeling better hun. xxx hugs for you xxx

well, was horribly sick again when i got home, but again. lots of retching without much progress :( tried drinking milk for the acid though and that seemed to help. made me feel quite sick as a result but i'm far more used to coping and sleeping with that feeling than the acid one, so it was an improvement. have brought loads of milk to work today so i can have a wee bit whenever i feel it coming on.

so today i have a couple of slices of bread, laughing cow extra light triangles, bran flakes, two eggs, some beans and some mash. it is proving rather difficult to snack on sw when fruit makes me sick and acidy and i suspect that muller lights do too so am cutting them out today to see if it makes a difference. will have to try raw carrot since snacking on tomatoes did me no good... ha. or get some of those sweet ryvita things or something. or, you know, not snack :D

feeling good at the mo as haven't put anything in me yet. antenatal classes tonight. slept much much better last night. now feel really tired because i actually GOT some sleep... my body really confuses me sometimes :)

abz xx

Sorry you're still feeling ill :(
You need to get yourself some Gaviscon or Rennies, it's no fun just suffering it!
Is tonight your 1st antenatal class? Good luck!

hi Abz, sorry i never came on here sooner. I will.....

Sorry to hear your so poorly, thats rotten having to sit that long, i bet that does you no favours either. I think i would be chatting to the dr about getting the next few weeks off and also so gavascon on prescription.

Really looking forward to hearing how tonight goes, take it easy x x

Yup, get Gaviscon, it works for me! :)

How are the antenatal classes going? I've to attend a class between 33 and 37 weeks, whether it's just the one I don't know, but I've to attend at least one. What happens at one? Anything interesting?

Hoping tonight has been good to you and that you've not been feeling too ill

xxx

good morning guys. i didn't make it to the antenatal class. OH got stuck in traffic before even getting back to work in the work van to leave... so i rang up. they don't think it will be a problem to shift to another class but i have to ring up today.

the first one was about the different stages of labour and what your body is doing. how to manage the pain at home and we had a look around the delivery suite. this one was going to be the one i wanted to hear about. skin to skin contact and breastfeeding and things like that. i may not hear much i haven't heard before, but i might :) so we'll see :)

I HAVE MADE A WONDERFUL DISCOVERY!! pineapple kills my acid dead!! turns out it's very alkaline. thought i had nothing to lose and would give it a shot. it not only got rid of the horrific acid i had, but i didn't get any more for hours. and it didn't make me sick. fruit was making me sick so i was avoiding it. and i thought pineapple was acidic for some reason :S so i would thoroughly recommend giving it a try... hope it continues to work. rennies don't touch it, gaviscon doesn't seem to either. there's another one you can get on prescription that i'll ask about at my next appointment and water with bicarb in it doesn't work as well as it used to and it's gross... this is a much better option. so hopefully it wasn't a fluke, ha.

abz xx

oh thats a pity you missed the class, heres hoping you get to attend another one. These things happen for a reason babe :D

Brilliant news about the pineapple, i never knew that either, i thought it would make heartburn worse too! how did you make that discovery?

Oli x

a coworker told me that it was alkaline i think. i googled alkaline fruits and picked apples and pineapples off it to try. i absolutely LOVE pineapple. and had been wanting some (and peaches - also alkaline apparently) for a while. but pineapple was the most alkaline so i thought it would be the most acid killing and i'd give it a try and hurray!! ha.

i was secretly rather relieved about the whole class thing. although i really wanted to get it out the way and done, i was so tired and feeling so sick i just wanted to be at home. so a blessing in disguise really :)

abz xx

I ate loads of pineapple at the beginning but always ended up with heartburn, but I did usually have it with melon. Glad you've found something else you can eat without it bothering you.

As for your classes, my sister attended her first of four on Tuesday night and had her baby last night 3 weeks early. So I'm sure you'll manage even if they can't rearrange it.

Oooh I think I'll be adding a couple of pineapples to the shop this week ;)
Sorry you didn't make the class, hope you can re-arrange it x

Back