Abi's sleepless diary :D - introducing isobel :D

well done Abz all the best hunni xx

congratulations , hope youre both really well .xx

Congratulations Abz, welcome to the world little one x

thanks guys :) that was the text i sent when she was born :)

she is so beautiful. i'll update properly soon. just wanted to check in.

got to the hospital and was examined at about half seven and told i was only 2cm (which i was at my sweep) and things may settle down before tomorrow morning and i could go home. i didn't want to and they let me stay and have diamorphine given they didn't think labour was going anywhere fast. not long afterwards things went up a gear. i was told it was too soon to examine me again and i couldn't have more morphine (which i didn't want anyway, i just wanted to tell them this wasn't 'nothing') and was told to have a bath. thomas helped me in the bath and then i got straight back out again pretty much as i needed to push. got the 'oh ok i'll examine you again then' to 'oh my god you're fully dilated and your waters are bulging'. i told her i needed to push and she said i couldn't as my waters would go. cue people scurrying everywhere and a wheelchair flying me to delivery. my notes say active labour was 13 minutes and stage 2 was 18. i have a feeling i was fully dilated for a while. ha. i should have screamed and carried on :D

only have one continuous stitch which is sore but ok and my pelvis is sore but far better :)

can't get enough of my little girl. pretty sure she is an izzy. we have been trying to decide but isobel seems to be the one :D

abz xx

Wow well done Abz, you don't mess about do you ;)
Glad you are well and can't wait to see a pic of your gorgeous little one.

wow congrats on the birth of your baby hun bet your feeling very proud.

howdy guys. I've uploaded a couple of pics. not the best but the ones i could get my hands on immediately. they are in my baby pictures album :)

abz xx

Awww she is gorgeous, all that dark hair and peachy skin oooooh I can't wait now;) absolutely beautiful

Awww she's beautiful Abz and Isobel is such a nice name :D It suits her perfectly xx

there is nothing in the world like it. i know what the world is for now. soppy as that sounds that's what it was like. i was expecting this overwhelming rush of love, but i didn't get it like that. it was just 'oh. so this is what i was here for'. bizarre but true. can't stop looking at her. not condusive with sleep :)

abz xx

aaaww congratulations hun xx

hey guys. me and izzy are just fine. i am a little like a zombie though. she's feeding every hour over the course of an hour at times. sometimes waking every 20 minutes. then suddenly she'll sleep for four hours and i can't get to sleep!! she's worth it but damn i miss just going to bed!! ha. wouldn't change her for the world though. she's perfect.

at her first official weigh in (she had a couple early because they thought she may not be feeding properly) she had actually gained an oz rather than having lost any over the first 10 days, ha. so rather than slowly starving her as they had me believing she was actually being a right piggy, ha.

breast feeding is exhausting with her wanting to feed all the time. i won't be giving up but i really can see why people struggle.

speaking of which she's demanding the boob now so i'll be off :D

abz xx

Glad you are both doing so well :)

Back