Abi's sleepless diary :D - introducing isobel :D

thanks honey :)

well i tried the satsumas again. i think i can say, without a doubt, that they make me feel revolting :( i now have a tuna and cucumber baguette to try and make me feel better again :)

lol at your MIL and hte making of the bed.. I think there is an element of that with me as I can't 'bring myself' to make up the moses basket! I keep thinking it could be weeks yet and need re-washing etc.. I can see me mid labour ironing the cover and making it up.. as she'll be born at home hopefully so need to have something ready! lol Mind you will have lots of skin to skin so maybe that's my reason really! lol

Glad you're doing well and wow at 16 weeks! lol

Going to have to forget your loves and go with what your body will allow you to eat.. i've had some strange old 'going offs' including loo freshener would you believe my goodness it caused me HUGE nausea for days even when it had been thrown out! lol

Enjoy the cravings and don't worry about the lost foods, they'll come back! lol

ha. thanks babes :) it's a shame about the satsumas though :(

really hope mothercare has my size in dungarees. i am really looking forward to wearing them tomorrow, ha. so i bet they don't :( will soon find out.

need to buy my dad's wife some socks for christmas. she always wants socks for christmas. and i'm sure she does this in order for it to be easy and cheap. but it isn't. i always spend forever trying to find some that are good quality and don't look totally naff etc etc. it would be much easier to get her bubble bath :D ha.

Hope u manage to get ur dungarees lol i went into mothercare for a cool big sister tshirt at the weekend. dying to get one as a present for Rhiannon from the baby and they didnt have any. hope u have better luck.

socks lol that is a hard one isnt it. think i would get her gift vouchers let her buy her socks herself xx

good morning mrsDD and PH.

well, i got my dungas :D and they are SO comfy. unfortunately now i have nothing to tell me how rapidly my waistline is expanding. i've not been eating for two, more like five... need to get a grip post-crimbo but for the moment i'm going for damage limitation, ha.

had a look at some pushchairs. i find the handles on most of them far too low for me. i have a dodgy back so leaning slightly forward really hurts and most don't have adjustable handles. and those that do are rather heavy. so i need to decide whether a light and nippy one with handles that aren't as high or a slightly heavier one that has a bar handle and can be made higher or lower... loads of time yet though :)

am also wearing a red top with stripey sleeves under my dungarees so i feel like an eight-year-old that turned up for work by accident :)

got dad's wife two pairs of football socks. one pair in black and one in purple. she likes long socks so these will do :) ha. cost me a fiver for the two pairs so that's not too bad. i think that's the least i've spent on this sock fiasco in years, hee.

finished the evening with a subway sarnie. om nom nom and a long bath. although baths seem to go cold so unbelievably fast now. i don't know whether it's just that they feel cold to me or whether the heat just vanishes from them but they are never hot enough!!

Have a look at the Britax Vigour. I'm 5ft10-11ish, and suffer with my back, and I find it fan-flumping-tastic. Its a travel system so you can clip on either a pushchair, carrycot or carseat directly to the frame, which keeps it very light weight as you don't have the carseat on top of the pushchair like you do with a lot of them. Only thing is it isn't cheap, around £475 I think from memory. I love mine though :)

thanks shel. but that's my problem. i just don't have the budget :( about £200 for both the pushchair and the car seat. there are quite a few options but of course you have to scrimp on one element or another. i am edging towards the lighter one, as because the handles point up and the tops of the handles are wide it's easy to push with your hands on top of the handles. my friend has it and that's what i do with hers... but i'm still not sure...

well exactly :) might even go into the dreaded mamas and papas.... expense at its best. but i've heard it isn't too bad for pushchairs, ha.

The one bit of advice my best friend gave me which I can pass on to you is that when buying a buggy, you're better forking out the money for a decent one that'll last. She bought one for £120 with the carseat and she's gone through 3 buggies in 15 months because they've all been cheapies. So you're better getting a more expensive one that's going to last.
Also, she said you want one that doesn't have the brakes that go longer than the back wheel because it's awkward when walking around and needing to go down stairs or something, they catch and can start messing with the brakes.
Ummm, she said something else, but I'll ask her again later. That's the only advice I can give right now.

I wanted a subway sandwich the other day but I wanted the BMT but not allowed Salami and stuff cos it's half cooked meat or something. But my god, they are lovely!!

i was in the bath on thursday night and i had been feeling these little thumps but thought it must be far far too early to feel a baby kicking at 16 weeks. anyhoo. i was reading in the bath and under the book out the corner of my eye i suddenly saw my tummy do a great big jump. it was really rather peculiar. i had to shout for thomas to see if i was imagining it, but he could see it too, and feel it if he put his hand there!! so i checked with the midwife on friday at my appointment (after watching my tummy for over an hour in the bath, ha) and when she was listening to the heartbeat the baby kept kicking the doppler and she could feel it. she said that it's possible that the placenta is at the back which would push the baby right forward which is why we can feel and see things so soon. so woo. haven't felt all that much other than a squirming and the odd little thump for the last couple of days and have been away but tonight i'll be back in the bath checking to see if my tummy is moving again :D

abz xx

aw ilove that feeling when you feel bump moving and how great when you see lo move I look ant zak now and wonder how he fit in lol really weird he love laying on my tum and chest with his knees curled up awwwwwwwwww

thanks guys. fab isn't it? i just want to feel it all the time now so i don't panic, but of course i know that isn't the case. it's got a bit more growing to do first :)

abz xx

Aww thats so cute. No one has really felt this baby move and im the only one to see her kick. Everytime i notice it and get someones hand on there she stops.... i always think thats one of the things u miss when u have the baby is seeing that. xx

Truly amazing feeling! ((Hugs))

Hurray!!! Told u it wouldnt be long sweet!!

Now for the 3am wake up calls and feet in your ribs!!
xxx

ha. thanks guys :) haven't felt bump move as much over the past couple of days so think it has shuffled off to one side or rolled over or something, ha. it's still early days :)

hope everyone else is doing well. my sickness is finally (FINALLY) subsiding. i have the odd moment but generally i've been feeling better for the past week. so here's hoping it lasts!!

abz xx

well. i've obviously been totally naff at updating this. i have too many threads going, ha.

haven't really felt bump move about much recently. bump has obviously moved into a more comfy position, but i lie there every night willing him/her to wriggle :) at the stage again where i feel something but am not sure whether it's baby or my guts gurgling... gah.

also have been getting period-type pains which worried me a bit, and the odd shooting pain downwards through my bits, which wasn't nice. different to all the other stretching cramps i've had :( but i can but assume they are normal as they aren't incredibly painful or anything.

have finally had to give up sleeping on my front. it is now officially uncomfortable, my hips feel like they are trying to dislocate and i have sciatica and back pain. but, even with all that grumbling, i'm starting to feel great :D i don't get sick anymore, finally, woohoo, and i'm tired a lot, but i seem to be getting more used to that and hopefully when i finally get this energy boost i'll shoot through the ceiling :D

off to denmark tomorrow to see the in-laws and family. have been monitoring trains and planes today and all seem to be running as scheduled, so that's good, ha.

last day of work today before hols so rather chirpy. it even looks pretty outside. might prod my tummy a bit, see if i can get a wriggle :D

abz xx

am i supposed to be getting them at 18 weeks? i suppose i know that i am really... but i haven't had them since the very beginning, my cramps have always felt very different. if bump was still beating me up i think i would be a wee bit more relaxed. she/he's obviously gotten comfy...

Back