Abi's sleepless diary :D - introducing isobel :D

my midwife friend recommdends sitting on the stairs with your knees up together towards your chest to enhance the kick sensations early on. it's very normal not to feel much before 21-22 weeks early on though.

thanks guys :) i know i'm being daft, but i've generally been very nervy. i don't really have a reason to be i suppose, but all the pregnancy stories i've ever heard in our family have been bad ones. nobody really talks about a pregnancy that goes without a hitch unless you ask do they? so i've heard doom and gloom stories since i was little. so maybe that's it. also, i want this so much. but then don't we all? :)

my next scan is on the 6th of january. i'll be 20 weeks by then so hopefully mini mic will have starting bashing me again by then :)

abz xx

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE. i'm off to denmark tomorrow and don't know if i'll get on while i'm there, so i hope everyone has a fantastic bumpish or babyish christmas and a fabulous new year :)

abz xx

Hiya Abz, sorry I've not written on your blog for a while. Glad to hear you're keeping well and feeling baby move. I think I've been feeling the baby move, I've felt butterflies here and there and bubbles sensation. I don't know if it's the same as what you've been feeling??
Anyway as for the crampy pains, I think they're normal. I get them sometimes, its still stretching and stuff and plus you'd maybe have a little cramp around the time you'd normally be due on so I wouldn't worry too much.
Ooo Denmark eh? That's well cool! :D I hope you have a lovely time.
Your scan is 2 days after mine, will you be finding out what you're having?? :D
Once I've been told if all is OK with baby, that'll be my next question. Boy or Girl and hopefully if it's cooperative and shows us, I'll be straight out buying an outfit for it. And also, I'll be so glad to call "it" him or her. I feel rotten lol!

I hope you have a safe journey and if you have time and access when you're away, keep us posted on how your holiday is going. :D xxx

i will be finding out yes, ha. and my first question will be if everything is ok. as movement is still suspect as to whether it's tummy gurgles or baby, but to be honest if it isn't baby then my tummy has been doing some very strange things of late. hope everyone is having a fab christmas. we are still in denmark and finally all the festivities are over. woo. ha.

abz xx

happy new year everyone :D

i feel ENORMOUS. whether it's baby or flab i don't know but after a long time of not really feeling any movement i'm starting to feel it again. bump must have been shoved right to the front when i felt all the first lot of movement. i'll be 20 weeks on monday, hurrah. and i have my 20 week scan on the 6th so not long to wait now. hope they can see whether we are blue or pink :D

hope you all had a fabulous festive season :D

abz xx

Happy New Year to you and bump! :D Oooo your scan is 2 days after mine. I have to wait til 3.40pm til my scan though so I'm going to be staring at the clock all day bouncing round the room! lol!
I'm so excited and nervous at the same time.

Baby proper drop kicked or packed a punch to my bladder earlier on lol! Felt well weird. haha! :D:D:D

Oooo almost at 20 weeks, it's such a great feeling knowing you're halfway there. xxx

thanks abbie :)

well i keep getting the odd thud, but i'm still feeling like it could be something else, although unless my intestines have come alive i can't think what else it could be... ha.

i do keep giving myself nasty pains if i move too fast or twist strangely, like i'm twisting or pulling something that shouldn't, so hopefully that's nothing and is just ligaments complaining or something...

abz xx

Woooooooooo! Happy 20 weeks today! I don't know how to phrase that properly lol. But yeah, YAY for reaching the 20 week mark today! :D It feels great don't it? :D:D

hee, thanks honey. you just reminded me that i was. i've been counting down to it and then it gets to today and i forget :D

have had a bit of a morning. got up very late, wandered around in pjs, decided to get dressed half an hour before my friend is due to pick me up to go shopping... cat has peed on the only bra that still fits me and my dungarees and jumper (all newly washed). so i've had to frantically scrub the bra and speed dry it, although i now have it on slightly damp, am wearing a pair of jeans that don't fit me any more... that will teach me to leave the cat litter bag next to my clean washing *sigh*. neither of my cats have EVER done this before. so gah. am waiting for my pickup now. just hope i don't end up with damp patches on my top, hee. i think i'll look for a new bra and trousers today... :D

abz xx

Hey hun, just thought I'd leave a message to say I hope your scan went well and looking forward to hearing your update. :D
Hope you've not had any more probs with the cat peeing. I had that last month, we were rearranging the room to make space for stuff, the cat panicked, thought we were actually moving house and decided to pee on a load of my stuff. Had to wash it all 3 times before I was satisfied there was no more pee on it. lol!

Let us know how your scan went. :D xx

IT'S A GIRL!! :D well, she was 80% sure. i'm not one for pink things anyhoo, so i don't think it will change what i buy :)

so woo. i thought of the name isobel (isabel? not sure) yesterday and thomas really likes it so that seems to be at the top of the list. not sure i can see myself with an isobel but can really see myself with an izzy, so we'll see how it goes :)

the only thing was that she said that there was more fluid in the baby's kidneys than would be expected at the moment, but she said i musn't worry about it, that we were talking about a mm out of the range she was looking for and that the baby would have to have a scan when 4-6 weeks old to make sure they were emptying properly. so it's a bit worrying but i refuse to think about it unless i have to :)

abz xx

thats great news abz !! i have 2 girls and can recommend them !!
Nice name too, we had 2 first named lined up each time and went for the one they most looked like-Olivia was almost got called Amber, but just didnt look like one !!!

ha, we have a few :) isobel is the newest one. lily, eva and matilda (although it's my mum really rooting for that one i think :D) are close behind, but we haven't had any problems thinking of girls' names. it was the boys that were giving us problems. so i suppose we've hit lucky :D

abz xx

awww hurray congratulations!!

how exciting!!

dont even give kidneys a second thought, im sure it was just an awkward time to be scanned! baby will let you know if anything up

xxx

Awww congrats Abz! :D Glad all is well and you're right, don't worry unless you have to. If the sonographer has said that things are OK, then I'm sure things will be fine! :D xxx

ha, we have a few :) isobel is the newest one. lily, eva and matilda (although it's my mum really rooting for that one i think :D) are close behind, but we haven't had any problems thinking of girls' names. it was the boys that were giving us problems. so i suppose we've hit lucky :D

abz xx

we had that problem too,but thankfully had girls LOL. We liked Lily 2nd time around but dicded that Livy and Lily would be just too confusing !!

I want Olivia and Alyssia if i ever have 2 girls.. but Lissy and Livvy is also too close!!

all beauiful names tho xxx

good morning chaps. i'm shattered!! woke up at 5 :(

on trying to go to sleep around 10 i couldn't as baby was booting the mattress. she obviously doesn't like me sleeping on my side much, and she's probably been doing it for ages but man can i feel it now. great big whollops... not sure i'm looking forward to her being all big in there. i'll be black and blue!! hee. i did enjoy her kicking me, but sleep would have been nice too :D

abz xx

Back