Abi's sleepless diary :D - introducing isobel :D

hope it works and i haven't told everyone to eat something that gives them heartburn :D

think i'm going to pop off and make my pasta n sauce...

i have one foot up on a chair and the other up on the corner of my desk. very unprofessional but damn it's comfy for my pelvis, ha. still. i think i'm getting strange looks from our non-usual visiting staff so perhaps i should stop :S

abz xx

i don't believe this. have had yoghurt (a suspected acid culprit) some pasta, a diet coke and an apple and no acid??!? it's miraculous. am hoping the diet coke will wake me up a bit as i'm hitting one hell of a slump. totally unproductive day!! AGAIN!! god i'm crap. more and more thinking of finishing work two weeks earlier and using up all my hols... bet i'd regret it after crimbo when we'd have gotten the dosh though... suppose i could always do some back to work days in december? and depending on how we do financially i might be looking at going back part time in the out of hours shifts by then anyways. would be awful to end up having to take the holiday or lose it rather than easing my discomfort now... don't know what to do. i'm not winning any awards staying at work until 36 weeks after all...

hi Abz, how you feeling? worry about the money when you come to december! you could always put a £5 in a pot every week that would soon add up huh? also if your at home you would be saving lunch money and diet coke breaks :D

Your right, no-one will think anymore of you for working right up, some women do it but they don't have the pelvis pain. You have to do what is right for you babes.

Big hugs x

Glad your heartburn is a bit better. Are you at SW class tonight.

It doesn't sound like you'll be helping your pelvis the way your sitting hun, sounds like you are probably separating your legs too much with having 1 higher than the other and you may suffer for it later.

As for the hols, you might appreciate them more just now.

ha. strangely enough mini i've never been so comfy. i wasn't like that for long though. and it was a one-off :)

i am indeed at slimming world tonight. my first weigh in :S am looking forward to it. i really hope i've lost but i've stuck to it 100% and have been absolutely sterling. so if i haven't then it's baby. but i remain hopeful :)

baby is a bit quiet today. she was yesterday too, so she must be growing. she does wriggle about though, so she's ok in there :) just not going mental, ha.

i have an appraisal in about an hour in any case and i'm going to ask about it all then, see what they think about the idea, whether it would cause major problems. i think a lot of it has to do with the fact that i just can't be bothered any more. i know i'm leaving and have therefore lost enthusiasm...

still. hopefully there will be a pay rise for me, just in time for them to stop paying me of course... but it may impact on whether or not i come back :D

abz xx

well, half a lb. that's it. only half a lb after a week of being SO GOOD. i'm still doing it. still being so good. but it was a little disappointing. even though i was kind of expecting it and telling myself i'd probably maintain, i'm still annoyed, ha. ah well. hopefully i won't have gained it back in baby by next week. she's very quiet at the mo, she must be doing some growing!!

abz xx

well, i can almost hear the tumble weeds on here... ha. I LOST 3 LBS THIS WEEK :D am so chuffed. after the half a lb loss last week i didn't know what to expect. i haven't done anything differently. so woo :D and baby has been quiet this week so presumably doing plenty of growing :)

went to see midwife on friday. all was perfect, my bp, my heartrate, baby's heartrate and at 31.5 weeks i measured in at 31.5cm... when i was 4cm ahead last time. which i'm taking with a pinch of salt really. but still. some of it will have been lost tummy i'm sure, ha. rather than baby sinking into my back...

abz xx

i really haven't. and people don't realise as my bump isn't that huge. she's still got time to suddenly become immense though :)

Woo! Well done on the weightloss this week hun. :D xxx

thanks guys :)

well i'm at work just before i start a 10-hour shift on four hours' sodding sleep again. i need to get out of here. if they let me take all my holiday i'll be gone in a fortnight. and i was umming and aaahing about it. and i'll probably regret it after crimbo when being paid my holiday money would have come in handy. but i'm so miserable :(

abz xx

well i thought i'd update even though nobody is reading :)

i went to the physio on tuesday and left with crutches and two hip and back supports and told that i shouldn't be working and to get signed off immediately. in fact i shouldn't have been working for a while. so that was a rather abrupt ending to work...

had my 3rd weigh in at sw and had lost another 3.5lbs. so that's half a stone in 3 weeks. woohoo. although i was really sick yesterday so i will have been rather empty. still. i got my half stone sticker and slimmer of the week so i was chuffed none the less :D

abz xx

Hey you, I read, I even went and posted on your general diary as you hadn't updated. I'll try and leave a trail in future so you know I've been here:D

Go you and your loss, you are doing so well. As for your physio, I'm sure you've seen my reply on your other diary. Just hope your feeling that the support and crutches are helping you.

Hope you get some relief hun and make sure you take the next few weeks to rest! You're off "sick" for the moment so just take it easy!
Well done on your fab loss, you're doing great :D

Abz fab losses!
Sorry to hear you are signed off but hey put your feet up while you still can... ;-)
xxx

thanks guys :)

am contemplating chicken and mushroom from the chinese. om nom nom :D

thomas has just painted the baby room with two coats of off-white paint... however it was a lilacy colour before. one i thought was quite light but it turns out that it wasn't. it's going to need at least one more coat... possibly two. poor guy. at least it's a tiny room!! ha.

abz xx

Hey Abz, fantastic news on the weight loss and to be honest, I'm quite glad you've been signed off work too now, so hopefully you can relax a bit more and the pain you've been in will ease up. :)
Hope you're well and did you go for the chicken and mushroom from the chinese in the end? :D

xxx

i did indeed. it was lovely. didn't manage all of it though, ha.

getting a bit more used to this being off malarky although when trying to organise going food shopping with my best mate i was thinking about what shifts i was on... doh!!

baby's room now has two coats of paint on the walls and the coverage is still crap. thought it was a pale lilac colour before. turns out it was deceptively deep...

Back