Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

:sigh: it makes me mad when I read that sort of thing abz.

well jim, there's no point in getting mad about it. i just get a little frustrated when i have days like this. i can go a month or so without being too bothered, and then when i dance about like i was at the wedding last weekend there can follow a week or two of pain and sciatica, but i've been lulled into a false sense of security by the ok weeks. and some of it must be muscular or it probably wouldn't get worse after activity... still. it sucks.

It does suck love, you are right.

well i'm staaaaaaaaaaaarving. i might go to tesco and take the mobile with me at this rate!! if he hasn't arrived by 11 then that's what i'll do. first real hunger since ketosis began, ha.

LOL, didn't you have breakfast abz. :)

i don't have breakfast at home jim, i'd have to have it at 6.30am and then i'd be hungry again later. i have it at work. and i meant to call at tesco on the way but forgot, so had to wait for the other chap to get here. but he has been ill through the night so he didn't get in until 12, but i have just had some roast chicken, and a bit of cheese and a few raspberries. and i got some of those tikka fridge raider things to try as they only had 1.3g per bag.

abz xx

I take it you have a fridge at work? you could store some early morning breakfast stuff in there.

i could jim. and usually i'm ok. i'll do a couple of hard-boiled eggs or something, but i just didn't have time or food this morning, and my missed tesco visit scuppered me.

i tell you, i'm really enjoying this few raspberries. they taste so sweet after a few days of low carbing :D

and i still haven't eaten them all. amazing. and i've even shared a few, ha. it's amazing what thinking 'hmm, if i give some away i won't have eaten as many carbs' can do :D

am having green tea as i have tummy ache :( probably because i didn't eat anything for so long...

Abz how are you going with Atkins?

Bren
X

not bad at all bren. i'm on day seven now. just had a cheese and mushroom omelette for lunch. did half a small gin and slimline tonic last night. i do still want cakey things all the time, but for the timebeing it's doable. i know that low-carbing is a lifetime change for some, i'm not sure it will be that way for me, and if i get pregnant i won't be able to continue with it in any case, but for the timebeing i'm happy with it. just can't wait to be able to get a few more veggies on my plate :) only another week to go until then...

I don't think I could ever do that one Abz - you do put yourself through some punishment don't you x

well gem. i've tried all other options, and cutting out the carbs is a surefire way of getting my body to let go of weight... otherwise, it just doesn't... i can't explain it, the doc can't explain it and neither could my cdc. this just seems to be the way it is. i can maintain on low calorie or something like slimming world, so once i got the balance right i'm sure i could maintain on a balanced diet, but for losing? only low carb does the job it seems...

Good luck Abz - I hope you succeed and that it gets easier x

I'm the same abz, I'm maintaining but I'm still on relatively low carbs, probably no more than about 50 carbs in any given day love.

How was your weekend?

well we did nothing jim. the house is still a state but it was nice to have some down time at home after wedding mania.

after a week i have lost 5lbs :) so i am happy with that, but that is what the scales were showing a couple of days ago... still. it's a good loss :)

i didn't drink enough water yesterday, in fact i was rather shocking with it until the afternoon when i made up lost ground, ha. also, have realised i haven't been to the loo for a couple of days (sorry for tmi) and have got the green tea out this morning :D

how are things going with everyone else? going to have hard boiled eggs shortly for brekkie.

abz xx

hey linzi. it's lovely to see you :)

good luck with day one. i've had a couple of boiled eggs now and feel stuffed. it's weird how full you get on atkins. you can feel fit to burst eating such a small amount if you aren't careful. something i'm really not used to!!

abz xx

Back