Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

crappity crap. have just looked up the weather forecast in leeds and of course it's due to snow for days yet. but it's the temperature. a big fat ZERO. guess who's boiler wasn't lit this morning... and guess who is going to freeze their ass off later. i wish they would hurry up with this sodding invoice because i want to get it fixed!!

abz xx

It's cold here too Abz but we haven't got the snow x

Yeah Gem I heard on BBC breakfast news that people in Bristol are wondering where the snow is! I can't believe it, I reckon you'll get it later. My friend in Surrey showed me a photo of their back garden - AT LEAST 9 inches there and it carries on...

Abz really glad you did better yesterday, well bloomin done! :) And thanks for the texts of support - i'm definitely feeling better about things today. I suppose you could say I've just had a lapse, I'm getting back into the mindset. x

Snowy down here in Sussex, with a load more to come apparently. All very pretty but not convenient!

Abz, your 1000 day sounds good, keep it up. Really helps to count in a treat, I definately couldn't do it without!

Love

well, spoke to my colleague this morning as if nothing had happened, asked how his weekend was etc. he seemed to be rather unsure of me but we just got on with it and it was fine. and then i suggested to our super that he went back home as he comes in by train and things are looking a little unsure. and the super agreed. so that probably got me a brownie point. so alls well that ends well on that front at least.

have asked what we are supposed to do if we can't get the car out in the mornings as it would take me over an hour to walk into work in heavy snow and i don't see why i should have to do that with a bad back. i am working evenings tomorrow and wednesday so at least i wouldn't have to walk in in the dark, which i refuse to do. it's too dangerous in the part of leeds i would have to walk through, but how the hell would i get home again? so he's going to ask the bossman later if we would be able to work from home remotely at a push.

in other news i've been looking at mortgages and it looks like we may be able to pay £200 less each month for the next five years. the fee is rather hefty but we would be able to add it to the mortgage and we'd end up better off. so i've emailed my mortgage woman about it, not that i think she'll be at work today, and hopefully she'll be able to find something dandy :D

anyhoo. £200 a month would really really make a difference to us at the moment so i'm hoping something good will come out of that. and it would more than help towards wedding spending too... :D

abz xx

All looking good Abz - you had a worrying weekend for nothing x

i knew i would gem. but then what else could i do? i wouldn't be me if i didn't worry about upsetting people...

really hoping that the weather either gets better or worse because at the moment it's hell to get to work but possible. if it's better then it's easy. if it gets worse i may not have to... i won't get paid, or will have to make the time up another day, but at least i'd know what i was doing...

abz xx

jacket spud with tuna and a little sweetcorn. scrummy :D :D

and it's a possibility that i will be going home early too. am going to wait until around three to make the decision but i may do so.

and the bossman has agreed to work remotely from home if the snow situation does get really bad.

abz xx

well i thought so gem :D

some of the machines i was wiping last week don't have hard drives in them. and despite the fact they are being given to charity, i now have to find old HDDs and install and wipe them... aaaaaaaaaaaargh!!

Bet you're fed up of that job Abz x

well they won't fit. they have the wrong wires. and there's no screw holes so they would be rattling around. so i have reported as such and i'll leave it to the others to decide.

i'm going home now. i have two hours of lieu left and i'm taking them right now :) so thomas is on his way to pick me up. i did have visions of going home to a lovely warm house but of course the boiler isn't bloody working so no warm house and no hot bath!! gah!! i will give it a shot when i get home... but at least i will be home. i may just go and lie in bed in the warm :)

foodwise i have been good today so i'm rather pleased about that. that's two days in a row. and i've had a litre of water today and then coffee so hopefully i'll get at least another litre down my neck before i go to sleep tonight :) work is letting me know what's happening with work tomorrow evening...

abz xx

You could always share some body heat with your man!!!! Burns up calories too!

haha,

its snowing here too in Leicester, and I'm going to have fish fingers soon.

we had boiler problems quite recently but we had portable heaters.

Had fishfinger sandwich for lunch with tomato sauce - yum!

Hi Abz

Glad things are looking up at work, well done on asking if your colleague could leave early - definate brownie points there!

Hope things work out on the mortgage front - I take it you have a fixed rate mortgage then otherwise you should be paying a lot less anyway because of the interest rate drop?

Good luck with the boiler escapades although Barb's suggestion is definately worth a second look!

pleased ur day went ok and ur colleague was fine- nice move on asking if he could go early!
hope you warm up soon cant imagine having no heating in this weather

well i'm still frozen. and very pissy because the boiler won't work and i want a bath, ha. i don't particularly need one right now. but i always want a long, hot bath when i'm cold. have been watching some dark angel. am starting to think pasta-ey thoughts. and with a sweet smile thomas has gone to stick some in boiling water. he's a sweetie :)

abz xx

Back