Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

Enjoy x

thanks guys :D

well i have a dress. and it's totally not the dress i went for. although that looked amazing. it was a dress i would have said urgh on the rack about but i tried it on and it looked fab. although because it involves a lot of crystally bits and a wee bit of net and flounce i did take convincing a little bit. but after i'd tried the others on again, i did just look like a girl in a dress in the others but bloody lovely in this one.

Bridal wear by Romantica of Devon Ltd Witheridge, Tiverton, Devon EX16 8PR

the little coloured flowers you can see on it are going to be in red on mine and they said they will do the laces in red up the back and the back panel in red for me too. so i paid them a little bit for that. unfortunately the pics you can see aren't great even though they are on the designer's website. the one i tried on didn't have any coloured bits but somebody had ordered it so i got to have a look and it was lovely. there are some pics on my mum's camera but she didn't bring her cable so i can't show you right now. i also have a tiara with red crystals and a veil, neither or which i was intending to wear. i do feel a little railroaded but to be honest i probably needed it, ha. i did look awesome. but i can't really remember what i looked like now as it was all so fast it seemed, even though we really took our time.

also went to the florist. having now seen the dress we need to totally change the flowers we were thinking of getting so i'm going to email them now hopefully before they order any in!!

abz xx

The dress looks lovely Abz! As long as you love it & feel totally right in it... it doesn't matter if thats what you thought you'd like!

The dress I wanted was completely different from what I ended up wearing & I SO wasn't going to have a tiara (still shiver when I say that) & wore one... only problem was that I kept trying to pull it down over my eyes thinking it was my sunglasses!! :D

Your gonna look stunning babes!! Enjoy all of it.xx

Beautiful dress. I'm torn at the moment between 2 but I've only been to 2 shops, got another 5 to go. AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH. Whichever one I choose though will definitely have a lace back, it's amazing the difference it makes having all the lard sucked in ha ha.

The dress is stunning Abz - you must be thrilled to have that major decision made - well done!

Awww Abz... I luurrrvvee that dress. You are going to look SO amazing on your big day, I'm really excited for you. What flowers you having now hun?

The dress is beautiful Abz & the red touches will be perfect.

You're gonna look a million dollars. x x

Aww, so lovely!

Oh my word it's absolutely beautiful, you are going to look stunning in it hun xxxx

The dress will be amazing its gorgeous... xx

WOW!!! That's stunning! You'll look fantastic on the day so you can stop worrying now x

How are you feeling the day after the big decision - are you dead smug? x

well every time i buy something, book something or complete something i think i'll feel relief, when actually then i just hope that i've made the right decision, ha. i know i'm going to look amazing, i'm not worried about that. i just have to get over the disappointment of never wearing the one i saw, as there isn't going to ever be an opportunity and it is so beautiful. but then we are changing the colour of the back panel and laces to match the other one so at least that's something.

it's just so against anything i've ever liked or worn. i don't like rouches, sparkly bits, netting or embroidery. and i have spent hundreds on a dress with all those things and it looked fantastic. it's so surreal, ha. and they will add spaghetti straps for me :D

as for the flowers i'm really not sure. smaller ones than the ones i was having. i was going to have oriental lilies and there were going to be bigger roses but after seeing that dress i think i need smaller roses, more greenery, still have the tiny red roses and trailing orchids. i want silk flowers so that i can keep them but the more i look at the real ones the better they look. but i'll crush them and i won't be able to keep them. i don't want to dry them or preserve them you see. so i actually think without the larger roses and the lilies the silk ones will look more realistic. there were some lovely smaller roses and trailing orchids in silk. and nobody will have their nose up close eyeballing them like me so i don't suppose it matters :)

now i need to concentrate on getting th guys suited up next saturday and booking a videographer. also going to book the hotel for me and mum and bridesmaids the night before. so exciting :)

and you know what the most annoying bit is? i can barely remember the dress. i was so excited that it's just wiped from my memory!! so i'm off to look at the link i gave you all, hee.

abz xx

Back