Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

haha, thanks Abz, im a bit famous for babbling round these 'ere parts :D right, im off home! xx

well guys. i'm off to bed. not as healthy as i would have liked but not as bad as i could have been. i'm going to have to settle for that. i had to eat to take painkillers :( my back is not a happy bunny. off to take sleeping tablets and zzzzz.

night night.

abz xx

Night hun. Hope you feel better tomorrow. x

good morning chaps. well. my weigh has reduced slightly since yesterday so i'm taking that as a good sign. but i can't see me getting to my cdc on monday without a gain from a fortnight ago, which sucks.

i'm in a horrid position at the moment that my sciatica is coming back with a vengeance, and in order to get rid of it i need to move. to move i need to take my painkillers otherwise moving isn't much of an option unless necessary. to take my painkillers i have to eat something fairly solid or i feel really sick and fall asleep... not so good at work... have tried taking them after cambridge bars, fruit etc and it just isn't enough. so i'm not in a position where i have to eat more than i would like. but i'm trying to keep it fairly healthy with reasonable calories. so at work today i have some alpen no added crap. so i've had a small bowl of that (150cals - i weighed it pre-work). i have a chicken and brocolli pie (it has potato on top, not pastry) from tesco light choices which has 320 cals for lunch and some grapes to snack on. hopefully that will take care of the breakfast pills and the lunch pills. i'm going to have to take them in half doses though or i will be snoozing at my desk!!

am hoping to go swimming tonight but will have to see how i'm getting on. it really helps my back but there is serious pain afterwards (but it does help in the long run) but i have to work for 10 hours tomorrow... will have to see how i do today i suppose...

how is everyone else doing?

abz xx

Morning hun. Sorry the pain isn't easing up but I hope the swimming helps. The slight loss is a good sign though. You just need to get yourself well again though before trying to get back on CD properly. You'll do it, give it time. x x

Morning abz. Not so good for me. Went on a choc eating spree yesterday, i blame totm, and didnt do my exercises due to a)staying at my cousin's house late and b) i've pained my thighs due to too many squats, perhaps?

well i have spent three hours lugging computers around this morning, and will more than likely spend another four or five hours doing it throughout the day so that's plenty of exercise. i have some more birthday chocs with me at work today to get rid or so i'll be sampling one or two of them :)

abz xx

Hey Abz - sorry to hear about your back - yeowch! (and the food dilemna). Hope it improves quickly......Hugs x

Hi abz, really sorry to hear about your poorly back. I think your food choices sound really sensible and you certainly should continue losing weight if you stick to that kind of food.

Hope you feel much better soon,

Love

Abz, should you be lifting computers with your back? Take good care of yourself and a big well done on eating so heathily, bar the odd choccie, your food choices sound very virtuous.

Hang in there, you're doing great at batting back what life throws at us from time to time!

well the lifting and carrying thing wore me out but i was lifting properly so although it hurt it will have helped my back as i have to keep it mobile. i was supposed to go swimming tonight, and i really wanted to as well, but i think it would be too much, considering i'm going to be doing much the same thing tomorrow that i've been doing today...

again have gone over the calories that i would like to be eating, but am still way under my maintenance calories so hopefully will still be going down slowly. i expect a gain on monday but hopefully not as large as it would have been. i need to get my butt in gear with the water whilst at work. usually i'm great at work and naff at home but that seems to have switched. going to take proper painkillers now so am off into lala land. i'll catch you all again tomorrow :)

abz xx

Abz - when my back was at its worse, I was waking up 6 times a night needing to turn over - I was exhausted ALL the time x

well i did go swimming. i was sitting there eating a chocolate and i just thought, what the hell are you doing? you could be out swimming and instead you are sitting here and eating a chocolate. so i went swimming :)

only managed 20 lengths but it's not bad for a first attempt with a bad back. we are going again soon. really want to get into the exercise thing. as a benefit i have gained nearly 4lbs this morning... why oh why do i bother? am hoping it's a water problem so going to get glugging again today. have had my brekkie so it's pain killer time. i don't see how i'm ever going to get my weight to go down again!!

abz xx

You will, just be patient. You're doing the right things, so sooner or later it's going to show. Good for you on the swimming, that will have done your back and your spirits good.

love

Temporary blip Abz - Now the Birthday party and Birthday choccie are just a happy memory, the weight will start to drop off again x

well i'm high as a kite. i'm trying to eat less today but as a result i'm not sure i'm particularly effective... i may have to succumb to eating something stodgy to try and control this or i'm just going to float through the day... and i do actually have to think...

abz xx

well i'm high as a kite. i'm trying to eat less today but as a result i'm not sure i'm particularly effective... i may have to succumb to eating something stodgy to try and control this or i'm just going to float through the day... and i do actually have to think...

abz xx
High as a kite and operating computers!!!!! Sounds good to me! LOL

Seriously, I hope your back improves soon - was megga impressed you went swimming - I don't think I could do 20 lengths of the bath (let alone swimming pool)!

Back