Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

Going down now Abz and it won't matter what it went up to. You have been enjoying your little girl and you are now ready to think about weight loss - everything happens in its own good time x

you really do don't you? my mum is despairing of me as i have 'let myself go' but to be honest i have gotten so used to looking like a bag of ***** it's difficult to drag myself back from the dark side. plus. i feel so fat and hideous in anything i put on that it's difficult to see past that, ha. but i'm doing it now :)

am starving. spag bol is bubbling away. really looking forward to it, ha.

took izzy swimming today. so extortionately expensive for both of us to go for the 15 minutes she can do before she gets really really cold but worth it for the once...

abz xx

You'll get there babes... its taken me 3 years after Amalie was born.

I used these swimsuits for both of mine SplashAbout Original Baby Swim Suit | boohoobaby.co.uk they were amazing & when I undid them they actually had steam coming off their little bodies... if I thought we still had one you'd be very welcome to it, kept them in the pool much longer so we got our monies worth. x

Morning abz, it's lovely to see you post. Olivia used to wear a mini wet suit, but she warmer in the water now

i might look into that linz. she has a little wetsuit somebody gave her but it's a next one and didn't seem to make much difference yesterday. plus, the one she has is too small now (and she's only used it once... oops) so it could be worth it :)

well another day today. i have a meeting with work. have i told you all i'm being made redundant? i'm not sure i have now i think about it. well they wanted to reduce my hours so much and i would have to work such ridiculous shifts that they offered me full redundancy if i turned down the post, so i've taken it. my salary just wouldn't justify the time i wouldn't see thomas and the three of us would only be together once a week... so today is my first official meeting. it's just going through the motions as i'm not fighting anything they are saying. i just want to make sure they don't classify it as voluntary redundancy as then, if i needed it, my mortgage insurance won't cover my half of the mortgage...

then one of my friends is coming over and we are finishing off some things for a stall we're doing on sunday, selling jewellery and other bits that we've made. she's really into crafting and i dabble so when she wanted to do craft fairs i was game. i've yet to actually make anything, ha. but a wee bit of pocketmoney would be nice.

oh. does anybody know how long it takes from first registering with the job centre to actually getting your JSA? thomas (who is laid off for an indeterminate amount of time, isn't life lovely) first went over a fortnight ago and has signed on once since then and we're yet to see anything!!

right, enough ranting. i need to drink my cuppa before going to this meeting. not to mention i need to brush my hair!!

abz xx

Hi Abz - swimming is really good for your little one and the time you are spending with her invaluable. If the redundancy works for you that is good but you are wise to make sure that it is not classed as voluntary.

Have a good day x

Hey Abz, Hope life isn't too stressful right now, what with everything that's going on. You're doing really well with Slimming World so keep going - one day at a time. Of course you'll put weight on after a baby - it is very rare not to. Unless you live in hollywood and have tonnes to spend on a personal trainer and chef who make your life a misery with daily OVER-workouts and gross food just to keep you in your skinny jeans ;)

Craft fair sounds like fun :) I reckon I'd enjoy doing that too. I made some pretty purple orchid hair combs for my young bridesmaids the other day. Not particularly professional-looking but ok nonetheless. I'll try and get some photos up.

xx

hey everyone. well i have new braces. well, i say new. i got them saturday afternoon and all i've been able to eat sincewhat i've is soup. so that is basically what i've been eating. so slimming world is probably being kept to really, but i'm more just keeping half an eye on the calories until my teeth stop hurting when i attempt to chew. and i mean HURTING, ha. although it is improving i've decided to just embrace my situation given that i've basically been eating fancy chopped tomatoes with various herbs in various cafes and out of fresh soup tubs for a few days, at 200cals a go i must be losing weight surely!! ha.

mum dragged me out yesterday to buy me some clothes as i apparently looked like a bag lady given that none of my nice clothes fit any more and i hate going clothes shopping when you just think you look crap in everything you put on. well i now have a very nice dress for a wedding i'm going to in six weeks. it looks nice now but will look even better if i lose a wee bit of weight so that's a good goal. i have a couple of tops and a cardi thing. and i feel and look much better i guess. but i stropped my way throughout the whole ordeal, ha. sometimes you've just had enough!!

i made myself £30 profit after costs at the farmer's market so with that have bought myself more fabric to make more hearts and other bits and bobs with, so that's all dandy :) my jewellery is coming along nicely too. i sold a bit of everything i'd made so i guess it isn't tat after all, ha.

we have another shot at the farmer's market on mother's day so plenty of time for making things...

also today i got my BRIGHT RED PATENT DM'S!! that i've been wanting forever. they are shin height ones and they are the most fabulous footwear i have ever seen. and they are MINE!! woo. they will be going with the outfit for the wedding. so if anyone knows a site that sells plus size funky patterned tights i would appreciate it :)

abz xx

Morning abz, that Farmer's market sounds fun, I always enjoy going to them myself.

Hey hun, I can still remember the pain of braces. The good news is that they normally settle down after a few days but prepare for this whenever they get tightened. I used to find that if I ate soft food pre-cut really small I could just pop it in my mouth & swallow it without the need to chew. Hope you feel better soon.

I told you that your craft things are good - now do you believe me? :p

OMG - I've still been thinking we have 2 months til the wedding - only 6 weeks now eek! That still gives us both time to lose at least half a stone for our dresses to look fab! :)

hi guys. thanks :)

well i've changed most of the stuff i'm doing helen, ha. so you'll have to pop in and check it out when you have half a chance :) don't worry. i won't force you to buy anything :p

i managed to eat some pasta tonight so i think the worst is over. i still can't bite bread though. my front teeth are really sore. but chewing at the back is more possible. still. half a stone by the wedding? you're on!!

plus. i discovered that the trousers i bought were a size 20, not a 22 like i though, so that's a bonus, ha. i've lost a dress size without even trying!!

sunday is my weigh in day. this seems to be working to dissuade me from going mad on a weekend.

i have a few events coming up but none of them are high calorie, ha. so all should be well :) wish me luck. i seem to be on a roll.

and i'm wearing my shiny red boots and oh my they are fabulous :D

abz xx

DMs sound fabby. I can SO relate to the craft fayre thing - I used to do them all the time back in the day x

LOL abz,I can so see you in your shiny bright red DM's :D

oh they are. they ARE!! ha. had a naughty choc muffin today but my syns would cover it. i didn't actually enjoy it that much, so that's saying something, ha. having mince and onions for tea. woo. last time we did this thomas made gravy in the blender and the lid wasn't quite on. covered himself from head to toe in scolding gravy, all four walls, the ceiling and the floor, every surface. a bit even hit my mum who was standing behind him at the time... hopefully things will go a wee bit more smoothly this time :D we've run out of gravy so that should help things :D

abz xx

Morning abz, ah I can tell you a tale about me and an overfilled pressure cooker, now that decorated the ceiling in the kitchen LOL

Back