Absolutely confused, and in need of some advice.

I lost about 11.5 stones between 30 and 31 and I don't have as much lose skin as I had expected, although I do fully plan in having it whipped of at some stage. I think it was more due to yo yo dieting than the actually weight loss itself. Theres quite a bit of evidence that suggests exercise can help minimise it though, toning an muscle strength rather than cardio mind you, also know a lady who swear by yoga and pilates for that too.

Hello :) I understand your fears about the skin. My tummy is covered in stretch marks and sons days they really really get me down. I'm finding the bio oil is helping, it's quite pricey but it does improve the appearance. I'd say plenty of exercise and water will help. I hate the tops of my thighs, my bingo wings, my tummy, my boobs aren't too bad. I've got stretch marks allover me, my hips, tummy, arms, thighs, backs of knees but they are fading gradually. I'm taking comfort in knowing I can cover stretch marks and skin, I can't disguise fat.

Exante are safe to buy from and if you're paying by credit card you're usually covered by them too. Exante are really helpful so give them a call if you need reassurance.

I'm sure your skin Won't be half as bad as you think. I am so do critical of myself. I have terrible body image and I think that's something that's going to takes long time to rectify. xxxx

Oh and I bought the bumper pack. Glad I did as there's a huge variety and I've now sampled them all. Well worth the money xxx

Hi Mally, You've probably ordered by now but thought I would chip in!
I ordered the mixed bumper pack, it was great and i was able to identify I am definitely a shakes and bars kinda gal as the soups are just not for me, I also ordered the porridge 50pack and Love it, I tend to make my shakes either into a mouse with really cold water and whisked to death, or wazzed up with ice to be a semi ice cream or Hot never just the standard shake with water - I know I'm not alone in this habit too!!
Its up to you what you find suits your tastes best.
Although the exante site and a lot of other VLCD say you'll lose a stone a month some people dont get this, I do a mix of WS and TS and in total I have lost 1stone and 9lbs over 7 ish weeks which I'll be honest I am pretty darn chuffed with!! The problem now is I am getting too chuffed and its making me oh so tempted to fall off the wagon but thats another story!

About your worries re the lose skin, at my heaviest at around age 19/20 I was 15stone, I then went on a 6 month Atkins stint and got down to 11st 7lbs and a size 12/14, I had no excess skin and this was with NO exercise whatsoever! my weight then crept back up to 13stone which is when I started exante now at the lowest weight I have been in my adult life and am hoping to get even lower and actually be a healthy BMI!! This time I have introduced exercise and as a result although I am only 2lbs lighter than last time I was around this weight I am actually 1 incha smaller on the waist and 1.5 inches smaller on the hips, so I do think toning will make a huge difference to you.

Anyway enough of my ramblings, good luck!!!

im 24 had 2 kids and have lost 3 and a half stones on exante so far. I felt the same about the skin thing and after loosing 3 stone my belly was starting to get a bit saggy so i took a small break from the diet and did lots of zumba, swimming and walking and waited for my skin to catch up a bit and im just re starting again this week, having a break also seems to have sped my loss up again too but it was very hard to get back on packs again. I dont think i will ever end up with a beautifully toned belly but ive had 2 10lb babies and i honestly dont think im going to end up with loads of excess skin and i feel soooo much better for having lost the weight i have. im planing to loose another stone on packs then get down my last little bit using a healthy diet.

I cannot explain to you all how much I appreciate the encouraging and helpful comments. I carry my weight in such a way that I hope will decrease the chance of excess skin. I have very little fat around my stomach, I carry all my weight on my hips, bum and bust (oh and my thighs). I have very little weight on my arms and calf's which makes me think that I am not as 'big boned' as I once thought. In fact my wrists are absolutely tiny. My father is from Italy and I have the typical 'oily Mediterranean skin' which I heard will also increase elasticity in my skin. My mum has carried 7 children with absolutely no stretchmarks whatsoever, and has a completely flat stomach, which I also hope will have passed down to myself. I will keep you all updated on how it goes anyway, as you have been so incredibly supportive thus far.

In regards to the actual Exante products themselves, can one live on two products a day? Or is it imperative that you get the three products per day? I ask because I do not have a steady income so £100 per month is rather a lot of money for me. Also, how will I know how to make the products? Does the bumper pack come with a leaflet or will all of you lovely people need to explain it all to me? Do I mix everything with water? I have both read and been told that the products give you all the necessary minerals and vitamins, is this for certain? As I am worried that by following this plan I will be lacking in important nutrients such as iron. Additionally is there a set time at which to have the shakes, or the bars, or if one wanted to could they chose to have porridge for their three meals on a certain day? :)

I was told in one of the above posts that I am just about eligible to start Exante, so if I type in my weight to pay for the Exante products, is there a chance they will not send me them as they feel I do not need to go onto this plan? Or will they send the products to anyone who orders?

It is absolutely imperative that you have three packs per day. Without these three meal replacements, you will not have all of your required nutrients for the day - this will result in your body going into starvation mode and you won't experience good weight loss! You should fill in your weight accurately on the exante website so they can recommend the weight loss plans that are suitable for you. They won't charge you for a product and then not send it.

Nix

Sorry didn't answer all of the questions:
Yes you make it up with water (except the bars)
Its worth getting yourself a plastic shaker, I got mine from my sports shop (by the protein powders).

Sorry didn't answer all of the questions:
Yes you make it up with water (except the bars)
Its worth getting yourself a plastic shaker, I got mine from my sports shop (by the protein powders).

Thanks Nix. I actually already have quite a few protein shakers that belong to my brothers, but thanks for the heads up. I thought I could make the bumper pack products go further by taking only two a day, but I will take your advice and have three a day. I thought for some reason that you mixed the shakes with milk, because I recall everyone saying they are 'creamy'. Never mind I drink gallons of water a day already, it will not be a difficult task for me to include them in my three meals. :)

Just thought I would let everyone know, my card arrived this morning and I have ordered the bumper pack. I purchased it before 1pm, does that mean I will be receiving the products tomorrow morning? I am really excited about starting actually, but at the same time apprehensive. I promise to keep you all updated. Wish me luck. :)

Mally you don't need luck, as you are going to be so sucessfull at this! However I will wish you a happy exante journey :). You can replace one of your shakes, with a ultra-slim meal replacement bar (tesco)... this makes going out a little easier.

XX

Hi Mally (and others!)

(I am also new to VLCD/Exante...hoping to make some friends along the way!)

Mally....I wanted you to know I ordered my bumper pack about 8am yesterday morning and I just got it today at 1430!! I have been researching this diet for about 2-3wks...kinda wished I'd started it then now lol.

I'm still undecided what day I will actually start it...I'm going away this weekend to a dancing weekender (will be doing lots and lots of dancing) so don't need to be feeling faint etc...and then on thursday next week I have a family wedding and obviously...a wedding breakfast meal...which will ruin diet if I start before then. I dunno. I haven't got a shaker or blender thingy thou...I just assumed that they would be easy to mix up with a spoon etc..

Are the packs the same for WS/TS?

Hi Mally (and others!)

(I am also new to VLCD/Exante...hoping to make some friends along the way!)

Mally....I wanted you to know I ordered my bumper pack about 8am yesterday morning and I just got it today at 1430!! I have been researching this diet for about 2-3wks...kinda wished I'd started it then now lol.

I'm still undecided what day I will actually start it...I'm going away this weekend to a dancing weekender (will be doing lots and lots of dancing) so don't need to be feeling faint etc...and then on thursday next week I have a family wedding and obviously...a wedding breakfast meal...which will ruin diet if I start before then. I dunno. I haven't got a shaker or blender thingy thou...I just assumed that they would be easy to mix up with a spoon etc..

Are the packs the same for WS/TS?

Hello. :)
It is reassuring to know I will not be waiting weeks and weeks to start my journey. I personally will be starting as soon as I get my bumper pack tomorrow, and I am not looking back. I too was unsure of when to start, as Easter is coming up and I have got family coming down from Italy and from the North of England (and being an Italian family, we will have an absolute abundance of food). Because of this I was tempted to delay starting Exante until after the Easter period but I figured that there will ALWAYS be something 'coming up' which will inevitably prevent me from EVER starting Exante (if you see where I am coming from). There are so many birthdays in my family, and times at which to celebrate, so I either start Exante now, or I personally know I will never start it at all. Another reason I personally am starting as soon as my purchase arrives is because at present I have a burning desire to get on and begin losing weight. For me, I feel this desire is the exact thing that pulls one through when things become a bit harder, and monotonous.

I personally would suggest that after this weekend you should see how you feel, and if you feel confident you should start. I think I speak on behalf of everyone on here when I say that starting any diet or plan is the hardest part, as it is such a big change to both your lifestyle and your body. However if you throw yourself at it 100% you will feel so much better for it. You even said yourself "I have been researching this diet for about 2-3wks...kinda wished I'd started it then now lol". You don't want to be saying the same thing in another 2-3 weeks.
xx

Good Luck for when you do decide to take the plunge

Hello all,
I am now at the end of my first week on Exante and it has been an 'interesting' journey thus far. My body appears to be rejecting all the foods I am eating (I am on TS by the way). I really do not know what to do, I feel at a complete loss. Also, I am really intrigued to know when one begins to see the weight loss? I am aware water weight is the first to be lost, but at what point will I begin to see an 'obvious difference'? Personally I am struggling MOST with the soups, I honesty think they are absolutely vile. For those who also cannot stand the soup, is there anyway of preparing it to make it more palatable or easier to eat? I have already tried adding spices and herbs, but it makes little to no difference. I must admit I feel desperately disheartened. I refuse outright to give up, but my body is really beating me up over it. Ahhh :/
By the way, I am drinking WELL enough water, so it definitely is not dehydration, or low fluid intake.

Last edited:
Dear Mally,

First - congratulations for starting. You haven't put your start weight in your profile - but I know for me, it was an act of faith to try a vlcd. So well done. I know that in 4 and 6 and 10 weeks time, you'll be really pleased you took action and started. Secondly, it's good you are asking for help.

When you say your body is rejecting food - what do you mean exactly? That will help the experienced Exante folk on here to help you. Some people feel really rotten the first week.

I know some people like some products and not others, so maybe you can take a look at some other products - for example the Kee Diet and Save and Slim, where you can choose what you have. S&S also has a good deal on trial packs.

You shouldn't mix and match vlcds as they have different formulations so you need to follow one system to get all the minerals and vitamins - but you can switch from one to another. Take a look at the other vlcd forums and the websites and see what you think will help you get to 8 stone. I found some of the soft drink type of sachets on Alizonne really helpful when I couldn't face a shake. So a good variety really helps.

I have also found that things I would like in the 'real world' like tomato soup are foul. So trying different flavours is worthwhile.

I hope you find a way through this - as the results are fabulous and for those of us who crack maintenance, life changing - for life.

PS
I am really intrigued to know when one begins to see the weight loss? I am aware water weight is the first to be lost, but at what point will I begin to see an 'obvious difference'?
Interesting question. I felt I could breathe deeper a couple of weeks in - obviously loosing visceral fat. I couldn't 'feel' the weight loss - and was suprised that the scales were going down as much as they did. My trousers took a long time to start to feel loose. Then it seemed to go faster. Others didn't really comment until I'd lost over 4 stone. Not sure if this is cos it's less obvious when one is very fat or because they don't want to say something in case one is offended.

Btw, if you haven't done so already - take lots of measurements - not just waist but calves, upper arms etc, as sometimes you loose inches not lbs.

I couls see a difference after a stone and a bit - I had less of a double chin. I am thrilled that my very 'full' ankles are shaping up. I still have massive thighs and calves!

I felt the difference after loosing 4 stone - getting down to size 22 (and now size 20) from 26/28. Everyone is different and looses weight in different ways - so watch to see what you notice.

It's funny as I feel so lithe at a weight that drives others to Minims to shed their weight! Doing a vlcd, I am absolutely confident I can continue and get to goal. I'm not sure where my real weight set point will be - somewhere between 10-12 stone. I'll see when I get there how I feel and how my face looks.

I used to have trouble with the packs (I'm restarting this week so will have to go through it all again!). I can't stand the bars or soups. I've ordered a big pack of vanilla shakes as these are the ones I got quite attached to before.

Throw some ice, the shake powder and a mug of water into a shaker, give it a good shake and pour into a cup. Have a glass of water or coke zero nearby. Drink the shake in one go and follow it down with the drink of your choice. Only way I can take them! For a start you retch a little but after a few days it's easier.

BTW if your height is 5ft 6, then 8st makes you underwieght. I am also 5ft6 and my end goal is around 9st7lb but I will see how I look and feel as I'm loosing and may stop sooner than that.

How are you getting on now?

I used to have trouble with the packs (I'm restarting this week so will have to go through it all again!). I can't stand the bars or soups. I've ordered a big pack of vanilla shakes as these are the ones I got quite attached to before.

Throw some ice, the shake powder and a mug of water into a shaker, give it a good shake and pour into a cup. Have a glass of water or coke zero nearby. Drink the shake in one go and follow it down with the drink of your choice. Only way I can take them! For a start you retch a little but after a few days it's easier.

BTW if your height is 5ft 6, then 8st makes you underwieght. I am also 5ft6 and my end goal is around 9st7lb but I will see how I look and feel as I'm loosing and may stop sooner than that.

How are you getting on now?

Ahaha, everything you described in your post is EXACTLY what I am experiencing (apart from liking the vanilla shake). :)
Thanks for the advice about the shakes, however I can JUST about manage the shakes, it is the soups I cannot physically stand. Nevertheless they are both still liquids so I will attempt your idea (especially as you said it will get better after a few go's). About my height and my weight, I understand what you mean, I got it pointed out to me yesterday, I have now upped my goal weight to 81/2 which will put me into the healthy range for BMI (I am a lazy bugger and cannot be bothered to change the actual figures on minimins at present) lool.
Errrm, how am I fairing? Not brilliantly I have to admit, I am still experiencing what I believe to be a reaction to the products, but I would rather be crippled over in pain then face the prospect of coming off Exante and 'attempting' to change to another which I know will never happen. I am still very much disliking the products, but as far as I am aware Exante is the cheapest VLCD meal replacement, and without a lot of money I do not have the luxury to fleet between the different plans. I am now on day 9 on Exante, on my first week I lost just under 12 pounds which I think is absolutely astonishing. But alas the first loss is water weight so no real celebration as of yet. Have you restarted as of yet? x

I'm restarting on Monday. I have a few packs left from last time and my new order arrives on Tuesday. I'm really excited to do it again actually. I'm kicking myself that I stopped before as I could've been touching goal by now, but hey-ho, you live and learn.

Another thing to try with the shakes is a sweetener crushed into it. It takes the edge off a bit and makes it a little tastier. Honestly, your taste buds will change and you will almost enjoy them.

12lbs is fantastic. It may be water weight, but it gets you off to a great start and helps keep you motivated.

I know some people can be quite sensitive to the minerals in the packs. I'd suggest having lots of water right before you have a pack, so it dilutes in your stomach. It may help, certainly won't do any harm.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you almostmrswood. I have a question to ask, to anyone who knows the answer, ahaha.
I am really eager and keen to try the porridge, however is is in powder form like the other packets, or is there actual OATS inside the pack? Surely if it is powder it will turn out in a big mush.

Back