Absolutely confused, and in need of some advice.

Hi Mally. In reply to your porridge question, i'd say there was 1/3 of oats in a pack, and the other 2/3 powder. :) Hope this helps. I would highly recommend getting a few packs with your next order cos i believe its a required taste :)

I Mally Perhaps u r intolerant to wheat like me hence d soups won't agree with u. I ordered porridge, shakes and d toffee bars and feel gr8 on dem!!!

Thank you all. I am surprised actually. Oats are so low in both calories relatively low in carbohydrates. I would have thought they would only pack oats. Does it taste like traditional porridge?

see post below

Hi there

I don't mind any of the packs....apart from the porridge (bleugh!!). With the soup.......I make it into a big cup of soup...using 400ml hot water...and stick blended (no lumps). As others have said stick with it....you will start to 'like' the packs :D

Can I just ask Mally.....would it be possible to increase the size of your font?.....I have to get up close to my laptop to read them xxxx

Well done with the weight loss :)

Hi Mally

I absolutely love the porridge! It is my life saver. This is my second time on Exante (I'm ashamed to say I lost all my weight and then out it back on). First time around, I stuck to the bumper pack having a bar at lunch time, a shake at 4 ish and a soup for dinner. There was no porridge back then. This time, I have decided to have 4 packs a day (I try to run for an hour a day). I have a porridge for brekkie, a bar at lunchtime, a shake at 4ish and another porridge for dinner. Like you. I cannot stand the soups this time round! The porridge is sooo filling, I think I could survive on just porridge alone.

I lost 13lbs the first week, but now average 3 lbs per week. For me although this isn't an outstanding weight loss, it is steady and I feel I can cope with everything on 4 packs/day. I have lost 4 stone since the beginning on jan this year. Sometimes the 3lbs doesn't seem quickenough for all the effort, but when you look back, you realise how well you are doing.

Stick to it - you will soon see the benefits.

Hi there

I don't mind any of the packs....apart from the porridge (bleugh!!). With the soup.......I make it into a big cup of soup...using 400ml hot water...and stick blended (no lumps). As others have said stick with it....you will start to 'like' the packs :D

Can I just ask Mally.....would it be possible to increase the size of your font?.....I have to get up close to my laptop to read them xxxx

Well done with the weight loss :)

Ahaha, do you like porridge normally? And of course I can. :D
I am not sure if the soups will EVER grow on me, the vegetable one being the worst, I think it tastes like soap (or how I would imagine soap to taste like anyway, ahah). I am actually feeling a little demotivated but I am determined to stick with it.
xx

Hi Mally, I haven't been able to tolerate the soups, they actually make me heave so I stick mainly to the milkshakes. I do however love the porridge despite the fact that I have never liked the real stuff so it would be worth you giving it a go. Not going to be easy for you if you have to continue to force all the packs down for an extended period of time after all.

Oh forgot to mention, I have one mouthful of milkshake immediately followed by a mouthful of water. Helps dilute the taste & texture. Also keeps up the water intake. Hope this helps

Really sorry yummy, your post did not show up yesterday night hence me not replying (I feel really rude, ha). It is an AMAZING achievement that you have been able to lose the weight in the past, okay it may be a bit of a kick in the teeth to have regained the weight but these things happen, and the main thing is that you are back on track, which you are. Also it must be good knowing that you can definitely do it as you have achieved it before. I absolutely adore porridge, so am hoping like you the Exante porridge will be my life saver. I am going to be cheeky and see if they will send me a sample pack just to see how it tastes before I burn another large hole in my pocket buying a full 'pack'. I REALLY hope I enjoy it, there is nothing at present I look forward to eating or drinking apart from water. Oh my goodness me 13 pounds in one week, and I felt amazing with 12 pfft, ahaha. As you said you are still having steady weight loss and that is the main thing, I really do hope I begin to see a difference soon as I have given up in the past after losing 2 stone because there did not seem to be ANY difference in my appearance. xx

Susie aren't the soups absolutely disgraceful? No offense to anyone who likes them, but they just do not agree with me (in more ways than one). I am really eager to try the porridge, the one thing that puts me off is the fact that it is not solely oats, it also contains powder which I cannot imagine looking too appetising when cooked. I completely agree, I remember my first ever post on MiniMins included a sentence that went something like 'oh by the way I do not care what the products tastes like as I am sure I can deal with anything'. How WRONG was I? Seriously the soups make me want to give up before I even open the packet, loool. Your method for diluting the shakes is the same method I used when drinking the soups, as it just takes the edge off the taste. However even this did not really help as my gag reflex came into play. :/ xx

Hi Mally, hope you're ok, you are doing so well!

I just wanted to post to say that if you are really struggling with the packs I really think it might be worth you trying some slim and save samples. I love exante (though not the soups!) but slim and save do have some lovely tasting packs-a lot of it doesn't taste like 'diet food' to me and they are the same price as exante (also you can order exactly what you want not what comes in a bumper pack)

I fully understand if you'd rather power through with exante, I just hate to think of you struggling so much when there are other options...this diet is hard enough when you like the products!

Best of luck with whatever you do xx

Hi Mally, hope you're ok, you are doing so well!

I just wanted to post to say that if you are really struggling with the packs I really think it might be worth you trying some slim and save samples. I love exante (though not the soups!) but slim and save do have some lovely tasting packs-a lot of it doesn't taste like 'diet food' to me and they are the same price as exante (also you can order exactly what you want not what comes in a bumper pack)

I fully understand if you'd rather power through with exante, I just hate to think of you struggling so much when there are other options...this diet is hard enough when you like the products!

Best of luck with whatever you do xx

Hey,
I really appreciate your thoughtfulness, would I be able to ask you a little more information about slim and save? Firstly you said about the 'packs' on Slim and save being the same price as Exante is this the case for the single products (i.e a single bar on Exante equals the same amount as a single bar on SAS etc)? I ask because I brought the bumper pack purely because of the price with it being 50% off, even on Exante I would not be able to afford the luxury of picking out single products. However if there is a discount for buying in bulk witch equals the same as Exante that really appeals to me. Also is SAS virtually the same as Exante, as in do you receive the same amount of calories, and burn through the same amount of fat? Is there anything else you can tell me about SAS?

Thank you so much for your time xxx

No problem Mally, I'm happy to help as much as I can:)

I will try to answer your questions as best I can and there is also a really great slim and save forum on here for anything I leave out!

S&s is another vlcd so it is virtually the same, it has slightly fewer calories per pack than exante though with a vlcd once you go below 800 calories the weightloss is the same. As with exante it is cheaper if you buy a months supply (and a months supply is the same price as exante) but when you do you can choose every item that goes in the months supply so you are only buying what you like

It does vary in a few small ways, a woman can either have three packs a day and add 100g of lean protein ( such as chicken breast, eggs etc) or four packs, with either option you can have a small allowance of milk and vegetables. Personally I think it's great to have the choice so if you want to remove all food you can but the option is there to have the veg/milk

There is more choice with the products, several flavour shakes, bars and meals (such as chilli, spaghetti bolognaise, macaroni cheese) and though I don't like them all I like a lot of them!

As I said I'm not trying to slate exante at all, I love their shakes and I love the fact that they are the only company not to use aspartame, I just think variety is so important to being able to do this long term, and it makes me so sad to think of you struggling with the products so much

Edited to add..... I meant to say that the slim and save forum has a great thread with photos of the products and reviews of them, and that yes the amount of weight loss will be the same (averaging at a stone a month for most people)

No problem Mally, I'm happy to help as much as I can:)

I will try to answer your questions as best I can and there is also a really great slim and save forum on here for anything I leave out!

S&s is another vlcd so it is virtually the same, it has slightly fewer calories per pack than exante though with a vlcd once you go below 800 calories the weightloss is the same. As with exante it is cheaper if you buy a months supply (and a months supply is the same price as exante) but when you do you can choose every item that goes in the months supply so you are only buying what you like

It does vary in a few small ways, a woman can either have three packs a day and add 100g of lean protein ( such as chicken breast, eggs etc) or four packs, with either option you can have a small allowance of milk and vegetables. Personally I think it's great to have the choice so if you want to remove all food you can but the option is there to have the veg/milk

There is more choice with the products, several flavour shakes, bars and meals (such as chilli, spaghetti bolognaise, macaroni cheese) and though I don't like them all I like a lot of them!

As I said I'm not trying to slate exante at all, I love their shakes and I love the fact that they are the only company not to use aspartame, I just think variety is so important to being able to do this long term, and it makes me so sad to think of you struggling with the products so much

Edited to add..... I meant to say that the slim and save forum has a great thread with photos of the products and reviews of them, and that yes the amount of weight loss will be the same (averaging at a stone a month for most people)

Very sorry for the late reply. For some reason this thread did not pop up as 'unread'. Anyway, I must admit slim and save is looking extremely appealing. I have had a quick browse on their site, but cannot seem to find the 'months supply', only single products. :S
Gosh, that sounds like absolute heaven, the thought of eating vegetables is making me salivate ahaha. I cannot see how there can be the same loss however, if you are allowed to eat so much more on SAS then you are on Exante. Is one not allowed then to have a lone 3 packs a day on SAS? The only reason I worry is because I know when I have the freedom to cook food, that also opens the door to exaggerate with portion control etc. But it REALLY does sound appealing. Like Exante, on SAS I presume the 'months pack' comes only with bars, shakes and soups, or can you pick from the actual meals?
No, no I know you are not 'bad mouthing' Exante, I appreciate the fact that you are helping me find alternatives actually, it means a lot. For now however, I still have products left over from Exante so feel compelled to finish those first. I will have another good look on their website, and try and find all the information you have told me about. :)
Thank you for your help loved-up. x

Mally I do another vlcd which like S&S allows veg and salad. We get great results too. I see the weighing and measuring of slected or permitted veg as manageable good training for post the weight loss - the packs keep us on track. I'm sure some S&S afficionados will provide the info you want when they are on line later.

HIya , just had a read of your thread and thought I would pop in :) you have done so well to get so far whilst disliking the products so much . I looked into slim and save , and tried some of the products , but I find exante suits me much better . S&S works out more expensive for 1 as you have to have 4 packs a day to get your full quota of vitamins and minerals , also altough the packs taste great , they are not as filling as exante and I know I couldnt stick to it .

Normally after a week -10 days your taste buds start to change and I went from hating the soups to now loving them ... I also adore the porridge ( although I dont like regular porridge ) and to me it tastes more like creamy rice pud ... mmmmmm

I have done 3 different VLCD and find exante the best :)

See I'm the opposite. I find S&S packs much much more filling and far easier to stick to. I have 4 packs a day and never feel the need for anything else. Cost wise it's much of a muchness. I'd rather pay slightly more for a plan I love and can do 100%. I honestly couldn't come back to Exante now

You can't have 3 packs on their own with s&s if it's only packs then it's 4. 3 packs plus veggies etc or 4 packs is still less than Exante

You can pick the contents of your bumper pack to your exact specification - Exante are you listening??? - so if you don't like something you dont order it :). It's lots more flexible and sitting down with a meal pack is so much more satisfying.

You Can order a sample pack - one of each product before you commit yourself

Oh and the weight loss is every bit as good :)

Back