Accountability 101

Well, I'm definitely not ready for 'real' food yet. I had my steak and veg and it was lovely, but then I didn't stop. I had the baby's because she didn't want it and then some of the leftovers. I didn't eat anything that would take me out of ketosis, but I SERIOUSLY over did it. I feel stuffed and disappointed in myself. Back off the food until I'm on holiday. Must be more sensible in future. ARGH!!!:mad:

I'm also off the scale until next Tuesday. Was silly hopping on the scale this morning. I was WAY up, and now I'm SO disappointed in myself. I have been good today otherwise, so I'm hopeful that I can get off what I put on last night. Silly, silly me! On a plus note, I really enjoyed the chilli. Though I did add a bit more cumin and some chili flakes. Was yummy.

Feel absolutely dreadful today. Think I have a tummy bug. Freezing cold, headache, gastro issues. Blech!
I've had a chocolate shake and the chicken curry soup. Not a favourite, but it's ok. This weather is soupy and if I'm feeling up for it later might try another. That or I'll maybe have a cup of tea. Don't know if I can stomach more food.

I am feeling a bit better today. Had some more soup, chicken with some zero noodles. I'm not entirely sure that was the best plan as I'm feeling bloated now but the tummy has stopped churning. I've had an unproductive day, but that's to be expected really. Think a early night is in order.

Felt SO ill last night. Thought that I had got over the tummy issues, but it was NOT pleasant. Still planning on having 4 packs today and battling through.
Today I've had the hazelnut with coffee. I'm not a fan of hazelnut and won't order it in future though it was alright. Also had porridge with a little cinnamon and nutmeg. Had hoped that it would warm me, but I'm still freezing. Maybe a mug of hot water would help. I've had more than enough tea and coffee for the day.

I know I said I wouldn't be hopping on the scale again until tomorrow, but I couldn't help myself. I did this morning and thankfully, after my disastrous start to the week and protein meal that got out of hand, the weight is starting to come off again. Just a pound down, but I'm hoping a little bit more by tomorrow. That pound puts me a stone less than I was a week after giving birth though, so that's something. Pleased that I'm lighter than I was and determined to stick to it for the next 12 days. Looking forward to holidays, but a little concerned about the result. Must have discipline!!!

Got on the scale again today and I'm down 4 pounds for the week!!! All I can say is WOW! I really didn't expect that. Held on to the weight all week but in the end lost the same as I did last week. Brilliant!

I didn't manage to eat my four packs today as I was out shopping with my daughter. Doubled up dinner packets but as I didn't eat them until about 8, I'm not hungry for the last one of the day. Had a chocolate shake for breakfast mixed with coffee, but only put in half. Had to go out. Drank the other half when I got in. Three packs on one day shouldn't harm me, but I really can't do another tonight. Still stuffed from the double spaghetti (which was lovely).

I did have almost half my veg quota though, so I don't think it will be the end of the world.

Off to bed now. Hoping for an early night as I have an extremely busy tomorrow.

Really pleased for you :) a great result x

Thanks, though it's not as amazing as your loss! Well done by the way, you must be so pleased.

I'm exhausted after a long day. Ate my packs and a meal today. Think the exhaustion is just built up from running on little sleep and working my butt off. Speaking of which, I started doing the 30 days squat challenge and I'm only on day three. My thighs and butt are aching. Still have a couple sets to go. Don't want to. :(

Think I'll finish them and head to bed.

Little one is getting up stinkingly early and I'm exhausted. It's not making dieting particularly easy when I'm tired and busy with work. I can't say I'm impressed with my eating for the day. Over did the protein. Hopeful that it doesn't take me out of ketosis because I've over eaten.

Don't think I had enough water on account of trying to consume as much coffee and coke zero as possible in the attempt to stay awake. Should go to bed. Tomorrow is a new day.

Been 100% today, but I'm starving! I'm guessing that I kicked myself out of ketosis yesterday. That or I'm just hungry in my head. Think I will have an early dinner, and head to bed a bit early and hopefully I will find tomorrow easier. I've started reading the Beck's Diet Solution book, though I'm still on the introduction. I'm hoping to get a better handle on it before I leave on holiday so that I can use a few techniques to prevent too much damage.

Being in ketosis doesn't take the hunger away completely Hun. Just make sure you drink enough water and stick to the plan as much as you possibly can. I wouldn't worry about anything else. Our bodies come in and out of ketosis several times during the day but that doesn't mean you are not losing weight. You're doing great so well done! .)

I was able to sleep in today and I feel a bit better than I have been lately. I'm still not very pleased with my efforts on the diet this week, but I suppose there isn't any use worrying about what I have done. I really need to get back into a positive mind frame so that I'm armed on my holiday to do as little damage as possible. I feel like I'm going to fail.
I really need to start being more committed to this diet. I know I can do well as I've lost heaps before but the last couple weeks have left me feeling deprived and depressed. Need out of this funk.
Last time I really did believe that reducing my food intake was not deprivation, that continuing eating as I was was the real deprivation. Living longer and happier was the reward.
I'm really struggling to see that right now. :(

Back