Accountability is key!!

Day 84
It’s a weight in eve so will see what’s the result tomorrow I say this every week but whatever it is, stay the same even as think I am due that after losses every week I will be happy as have stuck to it. I will be disappointed if it is a gain as haven’t deviated but we shall see. Not dwelling just keeping a positive attitude of keep going it’s not going to be a cake walk (I wish🤣)
My husband was remarkably ok today and was back home by 10pm which was good. Currently getting my eldest sorted for his return to school next week all his uniform is labelled accordingly but anticipate he will have grown out of the leg length of trousers by Christmas. As my mam said kids keep growing in spite of us!

Day 85
Really delighted I lost 3.5lbs and have dropped below the 200’s when converted to pounds!!! Felt quite emotional as I am fairly Sure this is the lowest weight I have been in 6 years! Would be lovely to drop into the 13’s for a stone bracket next week but just so pleased and grateful I lost again(I probably sound really stupid but I am!)
I am gearing up for the return to school runs I do Thursday and Friday (breakfast club mon-wed for my eldest) and will feel a lot better about myself. I hope everyone is well!!

Day 86
Back to work today and it’s still busy but just thinking one thing at a time is all I can or anyone can do!!
A good day on Exante the salted caramel
Bars expire October and there is definite difference in the texture than the ones fully in date but I still like them! My eldest starts back at school tomorrow which always indicates the beginning of the darker evenings but apparently we are due a mini heatwave!

Congratulations on being into the hundreds with that 3.5lbs! For me , a day at a time is essential. Mostly I can manage that.

I also think of the phrase, one foot in front of the other Otherwise the numbers of days and the amount of fat to shed feels iimpossible.

Day 87
It was my eldest’s first day in Year 1 today and I had the entire heavy heart worrying that someone would be nasty to him which I know is silly but you just can’t bear anyone mean horrible to them. As it was he was fine and didn’t disclose anything about his day but from what I can tell he enjoyed it!
Good day on the diet I could wear any fitted (not tight!) but fitted t shirt for the works call (hiding my arms so just head and shoulders in view!) and not feel like I was sweltering to death in this heat! It’s been a lovely day for the weather and it felt nice to be able to not be covered in layers. I have a way to go of course but I would never have considered wearing a t shirt a few months ago.

Day 88
What an absolute scorcher of a day I was working for most of it but it did feel rather like a hot box sat in front of the laptop and screen!!
Have been thinking this evening about the ‘lightbulb’ or ‘click’ moment which I don’t know if I have that yet but it’s that state where you are focused and intent on reaching your goal be it diet or something else in life . This is something I haven’t been for a long time, I have been dieting on and off for a good number of years now(any well known diet you can think of as I have said previously I have tried) so hoping it’s eventually clicked or is on the way there in my head that I can and will get to my goal. It’s strange it’s on a VLCD diet that it’s done that as it’s very sparse and limited (stating the obvious!) maybe it’s because it is that easy and simple? Probably all sorts of reasons I Know I had felt very down about myself and my self esteem for some time so maybe that’s what has clicked that I need to build my self esteem up?? Sorry rambling again I must be in reflective mood!

Amazing well done on the 100s! Love these milestones vlcd is very different I think the lightbulb happens more on maintenance than food replacement but the fact you are the lightest you’ve been in years says it all!

Day 89
Its been a busy one today as I needed to get my eldest’s school shoes changed about thankfully he still fits the old ones but should be up and running tomorrow so between the school drop off driving to get them changed, my youngests nap a quick spruce around the house it was a quick turnaround to be back for school pick up it felt like!
Good day on Exante I am a bit headachey today but it has been extremely muggy and close and it’s the time of the month heading its way also in the next few days!

Day 89
Its been a busy one today as I needed to get my eldest’s school shoes changed about thankfully he still fits the old ones but should be up and running tomorrow so between the school drop off driving to get them changed, my youngests nap a quick spruce around the house it was a quick turnaround to be back for school pick up it felt like!
Good day on Exante I am a bit headachey today but it has been extremely muggy and close and it’s the time of the month heading its way also in the next few days!
Ah yes the mad timing of naps and school runs 😵 hope you feel better soon!

Day 90
I have gotten to 90 days!! This is definitely the longest I have managed in years and feel so pleased I have managed it so far. My hunger seems to have gone but think it’s the weight loss that is overriding this and the fact I get a ‘meal’ on a evening. I do occasionally smell something my husband has cooked he had some garlic bread they other night and it smelled amazing 🤣 but not to the point I was like right a night off! I am sure here will be a point but day 90 was a good day on Exante I tried a omelette for tea tonight and it was nice would have loved a load of cheese in it but improvised with a small amount of low fat cheese and enjoyed it! I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

Funny how you realise you can enjoy the smell without needing to try, my first stint I used to sniff food like a horse bag 😂
I know it’s quite like this new power(!) smells great but I try to think a few minutes if this would be nice but I would be cursing myself if I gained haha(exactly the same first few weeks with the sniffing the food haha I was cross examining my husband on what exactly was in his meal when I already knew!!)

Day 91
Weigh in eve today I am hoping to lose but never count my chickens as I have been lucky so far. I had a good day on Exante and am hopeful for tomorrow as have done well this week on the straight and narrow but on the other hand in my time if the month so we shall see!!

I know it’s quite like this new power(!) smells great but I try to think a few minutes if this would be nice but I would be cursing myself if I gained haha(exactly the same first few weeks with the sniffing the food haha I was cross examining my husband on what exactly was in his meal when I already knew!!)
Yeah it wasn’t something I needed this time round but I do find that it helped with half of the want.

Day 92
Quick post as having to get some ironing done (so exciting haha!) but 2lbs off!! So pleased it has dropped me into the next stone down!! I made a cauliflower rice tea tonight and it wasn’t great but met the calories if anyone has any ideas what to do with it could you let me know? Thank you!! Onwards and downwards I hope!

Day 93
Monday felt almost like the pre summer routine today which was nice work is still unrelentingly busy but I am always on a bit of a high if the scales have dropped a little bit. I had to keep my sunny mood a bit under wraps (you know when you are in a bit of a argh mood and there is someone all cheerful and you are like oh get lost because you feel cheesed off in general hahaha I think I was the annoying cheerful person!)
I had the spaghetti bolognese pot for dinner and it was nice to have a bit of a break during the day and an(sort of) substantial meal haha. I have found my happy medium with water and am in the routine of 3 litres a day and strangely can now tell if I haven’t had my first litre until after on (this is usually in my nine working days if I am out somewhere first thing doing school run and driving about running errands). I am not sure if the water has a great effect but I stick by their guidelines. I don’t fancy any of the water flavourings Exante do so will just stick to the water I may change my mind but for the time being plain water(plain water!?) suits me fine!

Day 94
A busy work day today I actually didn’t realise I had not taken a break until 3pm!! I had the gingerbread shake today which I am on the fence about it’s one you definitely need to make it with more water. I think it would be nice with hot water when the temperature drops. That being said it was cold today so was wrapped in my cardigan all day! Feeling surprised with myself as I am approaching day 100! I have said it before and it’s definitely the longest I have committed to a diet in years so I am focused and it feels positive to feel like that!

Congratulations on your sustained success. Please make sure you keep that focus on sustaining your weight loss when you are at goal. l failed to do that after a very successful 8 stone loss using a vlcd (read my old thread!) years ago. Maintenance needs as much focus as the shedding - and l didn't.

This time, l will still be here - with a weekly weigh thread so I am accountable. l clearly couldn't yet do that maintenance on my own!

Back