Aches

Morning all,

I've had really aching joints (legs in particular) & wondered if anyone else had this?

I've not increased my exercise. I am doing the same amount of training etc (I go to BMF training 3 times a week). When we were training this morning my legs hurt before we even started.

I did think I'd read it could be a symptom of going into ketosis but I did lighter life a few years & didn't have these aches.

Maybe I'm just getting old!! :0)

This is one of the reasons we are advised to take it a little easier during attack - going into ketosis is a tough workout for the muscles, because it uses up all the glycogen stored there - a bit like fitting the wall in a marathon!

It should pass as you go into cruise

Hi
Sorry, I should have made it clear.... I am on cruise. I felt fine on Attack, the aches have been this week really - I'm about 10 days into cruise.

Could it be due to another cause, michelle1a, such as coming down with a virus or physical exercise which your muscles aren't accustomed to? Like Atropos, I would have thought that you'd be feeling better by Cruise, especially as you're 10 days into it.

Thank you for your replies..... Will see how it goes. Not wanting to use the diet as an excuse because other then that I've felt good - not bloated & not as tired etc.

Hi Michelle,
I see we started on the same day.
How are you getting on?
I've lost 8.4lbs and I'm finding Cruise so much easier. Even on PP days I find I'm not eating as much as when I was on Attack.
Good luck!

PS my legs did ache on day 4 and they still do occasionally by the end of my 30 min walk but they don't ache for long.

Hello!

I had lost 9lb so about the same.... Although this morning I have put on 2lb :0(
I am obsessed with getting weighed & I need to have a set weigh day I think.

You're doing really well & I agree that Cruise is good - I'm not eating as much at all & I'm trying to be creative (Nigella I am not!!!) - some disasters but I love the microwave bread - have you tried it?

I have a new love of veggies & I don't think I'm missing anything (well maybe chocolate).

Good luck & let me know how you get on x

Michelle - are you taking a vitamin pill?

Hi
No I'm not, I was reading another thread earlier & I think maybe I should. Do you take one?

It is recommended as part of the diet - but is easy to overlook.

Split it in two, take half in the morning, half in the evening

Back