Add a meal week HELP

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by emmapetty, 15 April 2009 Social URL.

1. emmapetty

emmapetty Going for Goal!

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    I'm not quite on my add a meal week, but was reading through the 'weight care with cambridge' booklet and have a few questions.

It says you can have 2 table spoons of greens, including asparagus, celery etc. This is what is puzzling me! How on earth can you measure these vegetables with a table spoon?

Also, as the protein section (chicken, turkey, white fish etc) is quite bland, can i add pepper, herbs and spices i.e. paprika, thyme or basil. Or are there some we can have, but others we can't?

Lastly, it says to still have the 3 cd packs during aamw - won't this stoop weight loss, or do you just loose less than normal?

Thanks for your help guys x x x :)

MsJMC likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Beccubug

Beccubug Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(17.08%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I find measuring veg with a spoon quite difficult too. i cant answer all of your questions but it will most definately not stop your weight loss. It is essentially ss+ which is what I do and the losses are only about 2 pounds a month less than ss.

4. mooncat

mooncat loves the moon and cats!

Diet:
    weight to go
    Hi emma, a small floret of cauliflower or brocolli is usually a tablespoon and yes you can add herbs which makes it tastier

5. emmapetty

emmapetty Going for Goal!

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    oh thats great - thanks for your help guys!

I was just puzzles as to how i can measure a 2 table spoons of asparagus!! lol - it's suprising because most of the cd is very well explained.

6. mooncat

mooncat loves the moon and cats!

Diet:
    weight to go
    I know :) it seems a bit silly doesn't it measuring a tablespoon of veg :crazy:

7. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Maybe it's how much asparagus/celery you can balance on a spoon... ;) ;) (Hmm, sounds like a challenge...)

The mind boggles. I know that they're trying to keep it simple, but this is one of those occasions when keeping it simple doesn't help. I'd love to see the amount you're allowed to have as a cooked weight/raw weight. But then maybe that's just me... :)

I suppose the point is that green and white vegetables are low in calories and carbs - and even if you had a little bit more than you were supposed to, it would make virtually no difference to the amount of weight you lose during AAM week.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.