Addicted...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Keighleyjo2010, 18 October 2011 Social URL.

1. Keighleyjo2010

Keighleyjo2010 Silver Member

Am so addicted to my scales. Restarted yesterday and I was 17:3 :( stood on them last night before bed, 17:0.
    Woke up this morning, 16:13 :) come home, 17:0 :(

Lol I know I shouldnt but they are calling me every day. Although I won't take what they say during the week as gospel. It's still nice to have a peek.

Anyone else finding it hard to fight the temptation of the little square that sits on the floor?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Catlouise83

Catlouise83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i know what u mean every morning, i get up go toilet and get naked to weigh myself, i do it everymorning, but 9 out of 10 times it says lower than the day before which it great. i dont go on again for the rest of the day though cos i know thoughout the day u gain, like when u drink (or eat) so i stick to just the mornings.

4. Jayellekay

Jayellekay this time - the last time

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(28.7%)
    I have recorded my daily weight over in the weigh in thread everyday since I started (jayellekay weigh in)
    I know lots of people say you shouldn't, but it keeps me in track. If I put on, or sts for a couple of days, it urges me to concentrate on drinking more water, so it works for me.
    I think its dangerous though if you take it too seriously. If a sts or gain would put you off, then I think weighing daily would definitely be a dangerous distraction.

5. Keighleyjo2010

Keighleyjo2010 Silver Member

:) I have started 1 aswell, I stand on the scales everyday so I might aswell record it on here

6. xsarahloux

xsarahloux ~~someday!~~

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I'm exactly the same! Jayellekay I'm just like you. If it doesn't move or creeps up it makes me drink more water. I know that my scales do not match my CDC scales but it doesn't bother me, when the weight is coming down I stay motivated.

7. CD90

CD90 Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.5lb(7.25%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'm the same, weighing myself pretty much every morning when I get up. Really want to stop doing it because I'm worried about times when the weight isn't going as fast and that it will make me lose motivation & I'd rather lose weight and be told you lost X this week rather than me going ok, i've lost 1/4 of a pound or 1/2 a pound.
    Only in my second week and I know that weight loss slows down around this point so it's a pain!

8. LENNY4974

LENNY4974 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I still weigh myself every morning too;)

As long as you don't take it all too seriously and let it affect your mood, then its all fine, no harm done :p

9. lauren-1986

lauren-1986 Feeling Motivated

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.43%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I only ever take any notice of my naked morning weigh in! lol

To be fair, I am a serial weigher, but that is only so I can get to know how my body fluctuates in weight across the week. I have found that usually I STS until the last couple of days when the weight goes down a bit more.

10. spangles

spangles Bouncy Castle

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st12.5lb(35.74%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I kind of got the idea from here that i shouldn't... but then I didn't weigh for six days last week and had a terrible shock when i did (I was showing a gain) where i'd been merrily assuming i was losing. I'm much better if i get bad news gradually.

also, my weight fluctuates so much up and down over the week that one day a week can give a really unrealistic snapshot. weighing daily allows me to notice a general trend.

perhaps because my weight fluctuates so much (during the day i'll gain anything from 2-8lbs) i'm well used to the scales showing a STS or gain - so it doesn't really upset me.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.