Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Addicted...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Keighleyjo2010, 18 October 2011 Social URL.

1. Keighleyjo2010

Keighleyjo2010 Silver Member

Am so addicted to my scales. Restarted yesterday and I was 17:3 :( stood on them last night before bed, 17:0.
    Woke up this morning, 16:13 :) come home, 17:0 :(

Lol I know I shouldnt but they are calling me every day. Although I won't take what they say during the week as gospel. It's still nice to have a peek.

Anyone else finding it hard to fight the temptation of the little square that sits on the floor?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Catlouise83

Catlouise83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i know what u mean every morning, i get up go toilet and get naked to weigh myself, i do it everymorning, but 9 out of 10 times it says lower than the day before which it great. i dont go on again for the rest of the day though cos i know thoughout the day u gain, like when u drink (or eat) so i stick to just the mornings.

4. Jayellekay

Jayellekay this time - the last time

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(28.7%)
    I have recorded my daily weight over in the weigh in thread everyday since I started (jayellekay weigh in)
    I know lots of people say you shouldn't, but it keeps me in track. If I put on, or sts for a couple of days, it urges me to concentrate on drinking more water, so it works for me.
    I think its dangerous though if you take it too seriously. If a sts or gain would put you off, then I think weighing daily would definitely be a dangerous distraction.

5. Keighleyjo2010

Keighleyjo2010 Silver Member

:) I have started 1 aswell, I stand on the scales everyday so I might aswell record it on here

6. xsarahloux

xsarahloux ~~someday!~~

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I'm exactly the same! Jayellekay I'm just like you. If it doesn't move or creeps up it makes me drink more water. I know that my scales do not match my CDC scales but it doesn't bother me, when the weight is coming down I stay motivated.

7. CD90

CD90 Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.5lb(7.25%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'm the same, weighing myself pretty much every morning when I get up. Really want to stop doing it because I'm worried about times when the weight isn't going as fast and that it will make me lose motivation & I'd rather lose weight and be told you lost X this week rather than me going ok, i've lost 1/4 of a pound or 1/2 a pound.
    Only in my second week and I know that weight loss slows down around this point so it's a pain!

8. LENNY4974

LENNY4974 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I still weigh myself every morning too;)

As long as you don't take it all too seriously and let it affect your mood, then its all fine, no harm done :p

9. lauren-1986

lauren-1986 Feeling Motivated

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.43%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I only ever take any notice of my naked morning weigh in! lol

To be fair, I am a serial weigher, but that is only so I can get to know how my body fluctuates in weight across the week. I have found that usually I STS until the last couple of days when the weight goes down a bit more.

10. spangles

spangles Bouncy Castle

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st12.5lb(35.74%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I kind of got the idea from here that i shouldn't... but then I didn't weigh for six days last week and had a terrible shock when i did (I was showing a gain) where i'd been merrily assuming i was losing. I'm much better if i get bad news gradually.

also, my weight fluctuates so much up and down over the week that one day a week can give a really unrealistic snapshot. weighing daily allows me to notice a general trend.

perhaps because my weight fluctuates so much (during the day i'll gain anything from 2-8lbs) i'm well used to the scales showing a STS or gain - so it doesn't really upset me.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.