Adding a meal...

LVP123

Hi everyone
I am doing Slim & Save (3 packs a day) until I run out of packs and then will be going onto Exante (which I prefer!)
I know we are supposed to have 100g of protein and 200g of selected vegetables - the problem is that I find it REALLY hard to eat things like plain chicken, plain fish etc.. I have been on the lookout for low carb things at tesco, have bought some ready to eat chicken tikka (0.9g carbs per 100g) balsamic dressing (1.9g carbs per 15ml) Schwartz All Spice (0.2g carbs per 100g) Cod in Tomato & Bail Butter (170 cals & 2.6g carbs per serving) and then broccoli, cauliflower, salad, and green and yellow peppers. I have checked everything I have bought to make sure it hasn't got any citric acid in (or anything even remotely citrussy).
I have been looking online to see if there's anything else I can have - it just took me half an hour to eat the cod as it is just so bland and eurgh! What should I be avoiding? Will I be ok and stay in ketosis if I stay within 55g carbs (have worked that out on what carbs I'd b having if I had 4 packs a day or 3 exante packs) and 600cals and if I avoid things with citric acid in, or do I have to keep an eye out for other things that may knock me out of ketosis?
These are the things I've been looking at and intend on having them with salad or vegetables from the approved list and making sure I'm within the 55g or carbs and 600cals.. Have also checked no citric acid:
Birds Eye Reggae Reggae Chicken Chargrills - (per 85g portion) 157 cals, 14.5g protein, 4.59g carbs
Mattesons Fridge Raiders - (per pack) 125cal, 13.5g protein, 2.3g carbs
Tesco LC Tomato & Basil Chicken - (per 1/2 pack) 155cal, 23.9g protein, 7.9g carbs
Tesco Chicken Mini Roasts with Gravy - (per 1/2 pack) 285 cal, 42.8g protein, 6.7g carbs - will probably have 1 less shake/bar if I have this to account for the extra cals.

Does anybody think any of these would be a problem? I think that as they're mopre tasty than plain chicken etc they might be a bit more exciting and I might stick to it better. Once I get on Exante I will just have the shakes but want to make the slim & save packs last as long as poss (fiance just got made redundant so money is tight!)

Please only kind answers!
LVP

hey lovely dont quote me on it but they look fine to me! as long as your careful and keep the carbs low. the other think i do is use the 'so juicy' or 'season and shake' bags with the ready made seasonings in! they make everything much yummier and they are quite cheap and make a few portions. also ive been having chicken tikka from indiam takeaway its the dry grilled chicken its super yummy and it hasnt affected my weightloss :)

Thanks for replying! I was hoping they'd be ok as long as I keep track of the carbs but didn't want to suddenly put weight on because of it. ooh those bags look nice, hadn't even thought of that :-D

I'm not entirely sure but don't think the "so juicy" range would be suitable on slim and save, don't think I'd risk it to be honest. I know when I was on SW they were 6 syncs a sachet is 120 cals, I think that's fairly high.

Maybe just marinade your chicken in some curry for a few hours before grilling to give it some edge. Shop brought precooked chicken can have added sugars and starches unfortunately.

Hopefully someone with more experience may have a better idea. Xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I rem looking at the so juicy and it was quite high in carbs etc from memory. u could just get a roasting bag and make ur own spice mix.

oh maybe not the so juicy but the 'season and shake' ones definately are allowed as i sent info to s&s and they said that they are fine! so i know for a fact that they are allowed! and i have them regularly and they dont affect me! there is chicken ones and fish ones :)

Tomatoes have citric acid in.

I was about to say that weasey!

bridie said:
oh maybe not the so juicy but the 'season and shake' ones definately are allowed as i sent info to s&s and they said that they are fine! so i know for a fact that they are allowed! and i have them regularly and they dont affect me! there is chicken ones and fish ones :)

Ohhh thanks for that :) x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Can't you chuck the carbs into one of the packs?
So you have chicken in the chicken soup for eg?

Back