Advice for the PrawnchopSuey

Thanks Claire - I always wondered if they were any good too... although I haven't seen them in any shops either. I LOOOVE Heinz EL salad cream - can't taste any difference between that and the full fat! My fave with SW chips!

Ooh yes, thanks Claire, that saves me a disappointment!!
I'm not a mayo / salad cream fan, I think it's just the garlicky goodness of caeser that i love - I am a garlic fiend :)

Poor OH!! :)

Funnily enough I made a balsamic-drizzled salad this morning to have for my lunch - deliciously rich and free of syn :) :)

Fascinating fact of the day:
Red peppers have TWICE as many calories as green peppers by weight... I never would have thought there was a difference, although that must explain why I prefer red peppers ;)

That's really interesting! I guess red peppers are much sweeter so that might be why?
I don't really like green peppers - only in cooking. Imagine my disappointment after ordering a Tesco 'market value' bag of peppers to find 4 green and 1 red grrr :mad:

Oh Sarah, that's always the way with the value peppers!! I always have a root through them all to try and find the highest red:green ratio!! Red are much nicer in salads and as crudités...

Today's been a bit tricky as I ended up having to take people out this evening for work so had to order from a resaurant menu - eek. Well here goes:

:) Wednesday

Breakfast - banana mid-morning (95kcal)

Lunch - noodle salad: noodles (217 kcal), sweetcorn (100 kcal), tomato (21 kcal), cucumber (9 kcal) and mixed leaves (10kcal) with balsamic vinegar
Choc fudge alpen bar (HexB 63 kcal)
Apple (56kcal)

Snack - cherries (51kcal)
Summer fruits alpen light (HexB 61kcal)

Dinner - from ASK restaurant 'Penne a la Giardina: courgette, pepper, green beans, peas and red onion in a light tomato sauce'
With pasta of course.
Shouldn't be high in syns since all the listed ingredients are free but I know how they sneak in all sorts of hidden syns in restaurants ;)
Had some parmesan on top (not 28g but that's my HexA anyway).

I think the big hidden syn in the meal will be the oil in the sauce, so that's my second HexB....and up to 15 syns for all the other hidden nasties I guess (including more oil I'm sure!). It was really nice though, I love pizza and pasta :)

Total syns before dinner: 0
Total calories before dinner: approx 683

...So I don't think the damage should be too bad as rest of the day was so frugal ;)
I just get scared as the two weeks where I gained / STS I was only a little bit off plan so I know how important it is for me to be quite strict.

On the upside, I got a sack of Estée Lauder goodies out of it...that 'pleasures' scent is really nice :) :)

Last edited:
:) Thursday

Breakfast - banana mid-morning

Lunch - salad (mixed leaves, tomato, cucumber, sweetcorn)
apple
snackajacks (4.5 syns)
alpen light bar (half HexB)

Snack - alpen light bar (other half HexB)
banana

Dinner - quorn sausages and homity pie (HexA)

Snack - toast with marmite (HexB)
Solero (5 syns)

Total syns: 9.5

Look who's given up the calorie counting already ;)
Much too much faff weighing onion / leek etc and calculating all the nutrition - SW is soooo much better suited to me :) :)

Ah you did well at the calorie counting while it lasted, interesting to see I guess. I agree though SW is so much easier, no counting or weighing... I love it!

Me too, I don't think I could stick to any other plan!!

:) Friday

Lunch - Leftover homity pie (it's mashed potato, onion, leek, garlic, mixed with egg and veg stock, sprinkled with cheese and baked in the oven. I add sage too and it tastes like stuffing!! Cheese was from yesterday's HexA so I'm not counting it ;))
apple
fibre plus bar (HexB)

Snack - banana
large handful of cashew nuts (HexB plus 5 syns?)

Dinner - Wholewheat pasta and quorn bolognaise with grated cheese (HexA)
Fat free fromage frais with strawberries and raspberries
Solero (5 syns)

Total syns: 10 :)

I'm developing a bit of a Solero habit :)

:) Saturday

Breakfast - fibre plus bar (HexB)

Lunch - halloumi salad: halloumi (HexA x 2 and HexA B), mixed leaves, cherry toms, toasted cumin seeds, balsamic vinegar

Snack - 2 scoops Thorntons' ice cream (tropical twist sorbet and raspberry cream - 13 syns but worth it!)

Dinner - Egg, beans and SW chips
fat free fromage frais and sweetener

Went over to Manchester today to meet a friend for lunch - tried to stick on plan but was pushing the limits to be honest!
Not sure if halloumi counts as a Hex cheese as it is not listed in my SW book, but as it is same syns as reduced fat cheddar so I'm counting it ;)

:) Sunday

Breakfast - fat free fromage frais, sweetener, banana and alpen light bar (half HexB)

Snack - weetabix oaty bar (HexB - on offer in Tesco £1 a box)

Late lunch - BBQ - 2 sizzling quorn burgers (2 syns), sweetcorn, salad - lettuce, spring onion, tomato, pepper, cucumber, balsamic vinegar and olive oil (other half HexB)
Solero (5 syns)

Not sure about dinner yet, might have some cheesy pasta later - need to use my HexA - and make extra for lunch tomorrow.

Total syns: 7

WI tomorrow morning :hide:

:) Monday

Lunch - wholemeal pasta and baked beans (interesting mix...not great, but snuck some superspeed in there ;) )
clementines x 2
apple
alpen light bar (half HexB)

Snack - alpen light bar (half HexB)

Dinner - pasta with homemade sauce (onion, courgette, pepper, mushrooms, spinach, passata), grated cheese (HexA) and salad

Got another HexB and syns to use up so will update later...

Update: Went for a bike ride as TV seems to be rubbish on an evening at the moment. Looked on walkjogrun.net as suggested by Lou and found out my route is 4.5 miles. Takes me about 20-25mins. That's probably a bit pathetic actually, but hey ho, every little helps! I need to harden my bum to it and then I could probably go a fair bit further!! ;)

Came home and had a chocolate mini milk (1.5 syns), 2 brazil nuts (one third of a HexB) and a giant chocolate button (2 syns)

Total syns for day: 3.5 :)

Last edited:
:) Tuesday

Lunch - leftover pasta and veg sauce from last night
clementines x 2
apple

Snack - weetabix oaty bar (HexB)
2 x digestive biscuits (4 syns)

Dinner - butternut squash stuffed with roast squash, red onion, spinach, potatoes, sage, feta cheese (HexA x 2)
chocolate minimilk (1.5 syns)

Snack - 4 brazil nuts (two thirds of HexB)
4 giant chocolate buttons (8 syns)

Total syns: 13.5

Yippee to your loss this week and also to your cycling, your bum will harden off (attractive!!) after a while, I had to brace myself everytime I sat down for a few days but is ok now.

I'm shocked that giant buttons are 2 syns each, in my pre SW days I'd chomp my way through a family bag in a couple of sittings, eek. xx

Oh, I've got a gel saddle AND padded shorts and still whinge...I'm a wuss ;)
The rain we've had here the past couple of days has meant I haven't been out again since Monday and also I need to sort some lights out 'cos I tend to go at about 8.30pm when my OH has left for work, and it's a bit dingy when the weather's not really sunny!

Any excuse eh?! ;)

:) Wednesday

Lunch - salad (mixed leaves, cherry toms, cucumber, spring onion, pepper, sweetcorn and balsamic vinegar)
pear
apple
clementines x 2

Snack - 2 S&V rice cakes (3 syns) with marmite and laughing cow light (HexA)
fibre plus bar (HexB)

Dinner - seafood risotto (risotto rice, vecon, spring onion, green beans, prawns and mussels (HexB))

Going to have a kit kat (5.5 syns) now too, because I can :)

Total syns: 8.5 :)

:) Thursday

Breakfast - banana and clementine mid-morning

Lunch - salad (mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, sweetcorn)
pear
apple
2 x clementines

Snack - Weetabix oaty bar (HexB)
apple

Dinner - wholemeal pasta with quorn bolognaise (quorn mince, onion, mushrooms, pepper, spinach and chopped toms) with grated cheese (HexA)

Followed by my first BELLY DANCING CLASS!!! The teacher was amazing, wiggling about like Shakira. My efforts were more like the truffle shuffle from the Goonies to be honest, but I could certainly feel my tummy muscles working, so all good body magic ;)

Haven't had any syns or my second HexB yet but it's nearly bedtime now. I might have a handful of nuts and raisins as they are INCREDIBLY high in syns!! But all good fats supposedly :)

Back