Advice for the PrawnchopSuey

:) Friday

Breakfast - banana and apple mid-morning

Lunch - leftover pasta bolognaise from yesterday
pear
clementines x 2

Snack - Fibre plus bar (HexB)

Dinner - Penne a la Giardina, from ASK - "a nourishing winter's garden of oven-roasted courgettes, peppers, green beans, peas, red onion with cherry tomatoes and baby spinach in a light tomato sauce" (HexB for oil, HexA for grated parmesan and I'm allowing 13.5 syns for hidden syns - probably more oil!)
mini milk (1.5 syns)

I read a post today saying you need to eat plenty of fat to burn fat and the few days I was calorie counting I saw that the % of fat in my diet was way under the recommended proportion. I thought that was normal since I'm trying to lose weight, but maybe I need more fat. Hmmm, that's consoling me for dinner anyway ;)

Total syns: 15?

:) Saturday

Breakfast - lie-in

Lunch - Jacket potato, baked beans and cheese (HexA)

Dinner - Jacket potato and chick pea dahl
2 bottles of Stella (14 syns)
Fat free fromage frais, sweetnener, apple and two weetabix oaty bars (2 x HexB)

Total syns: 14

:) Sunday

Breakfast - fat free fromage frais, sweetener, banana and weetabix oaty bar (HexB)

Snack - snackajacks (4.5 syns)
apple

Lunch / Early Dinner - couscous with balsamic roasted veg - red onion, pepper, cherry toms, courgette (first courgette of the season from the garden!)

Snack - cheese on toast (HexA and HexB)
Mini milk (1.5 syns)

Total syns: 6

Hiya Suey, how's your weekend been?
Wow Bellydancing sounds so cool! Well done

Hi Sarah, thanks for popping by! Belly dancing was a good laugh, I seem to be missing most of the vital muscles though!! Or maybe they're buried somewhere under the wobble! I think I'll give it another go next week and see if I can make any improvement...I don't really enjoy many forms of exercise, think PE at school has scarred me ;) so the more bizarre things appeal to me instead :)

Weekend was good, tried to keep busy in the garden in between downpours. Got some fence painting done which has to count as body magic?!

OH and I also got out our kayaks and gave them a good clean as we are on holiday next week and planning a trip down to the river Wye. I can't wait but I really am keeping my fingers crossed for some nice weather!

Well, I am in France now for work until Thursday so a little off the SW wagon - corporate wining and dining is not very SW compatible :(
Weighed in this morning and lost 2lb - pleased as punch as that takes me into the 12 stones for the first time in at least 2.5 years! Well, 12stone12 but still ;)
Am aiming for 1lb off this week as this will take me form the 'obese' category into the 'very overweight' BMI range which will feel like a small victory. However, based on today I think I'll be looking at a gain so maybe that's not to realistic. Hmmm, let's aim for 1lb nonetheless.

:) Monday - EE (ooh la la, it's not a green day!)

Breakfast - taxi arrived early to take me to the airport so I didn't have any

Lunch - Tesco sushi tray (1.5 syns on green - don't know about EE but I'll keep it the same)
Packet of pre-cut-up melon and grapes - delicioso! I never let myself buy lazy luxury fruit like that as it is a rip-off and the melon has been flown half way around the world, but as a treat it was blimmin' nice ;)

Dinner - Salad buffet:
grated carrot in vinegar (and I hope not oil as well...)
coucous with pepper and herbs
sliced chicken
sliced tomato and goats' cheese (HexA)
small chunk of bread (HexB)
small slice of aubergine terrine (syns unidentifiable)

Dessert buffet:
Raspberry cupcake
chocolate mousse
raspberry and lychee mousse

Looking at it now it doesn't actually seem too bad. The desserts were teeny little things (seriously, it was a buffet so you were meant to have lots and each was pretty much one bite sized). If I say 3.5 syns per dessert and 3 for the terrine then that's the day's allowance...but then, I have no way of knowing what any of it is made of so that's just making up figures to make it fit within the daily limits!!

Total syns: ??

Well done on the 2lb loss! And for being so good while away... buffets are so hard to resist!
Where abouts in France are you? Will you have the opportunity for any site-seeing or will you just be stuck in hotel conference rooms all day?x

Well done on your loss this week :) Good luck with choosing the healthier options while away too!

well done on your loss Suey xx

Thanks for the messages ladies!
Our French office is in the Parisian suburbs, I'm meant to come over every month but it's more like every two...I have a nicer office over here than in the UK though! Unfortunately no time for sightseeing (or shopping ;)), got a big meeting with Chanel tomorrow and then am coming home on Thursday :)

:) Tuesday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - apple and Alpen light bar (0.5 HexB)

Lunch - salad (lettuce, tomato, ham, egg, mozzarella (HexA))
half a quiche lorraine (8 syns??)

Snack - cherries

Dinner - green salad (scraped off the mayo stuff but some syn prob sneaked in)
Grilled ham with pasta and ratatouille
Melon soup with melon sorbet (4 syns?)

Snack - Alpen light bar (0.5 HexB)

I'm feeling really fat today, think it's eating meat after so many weeks without. I'm sure there's oodles of hidden syns in oil in things as well. And also without my daily (or twice daily ;)) scales session I feel quite out of control. Grrr. Going to have to be reaaally good when I get back to the UK to try and make up for all this before Monday WI!
Also, I have been allocated a disabled-access room at the hotel which is basically a wet room so I have to try and close my eyes in the shower otherwise I'll be faced with myself in full colour in the mirror slap bang in front!! Not a pretty sight ;)

Wow I'm jealous - most exciting offices I get to visit are Bromley or if I'm lucky London!!
Gutted you don't have any time for shopping - I adore Paris, it's one of my favourite cities. And you're doing sooo well resisting all the naughty French treats

Oh merde...I have been a little bit (very) naughty today...

Meetings went well but the diet not so well ;)

:) Wednesday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - apple, fat free yoghut, alpen light bar (0.5 HexB)

Lunch - Chicken and tuna salad (tried to make a good choice but the meat was all smothered in a mayonnaisy sauce, and I'm not even a fan of mayonnaise :()

Dinner - uh oh, this is where it all starts to become 'un peu le bordel':
House lychee cocktail
Thai beef salad (again, sticky thai sauce on the salad, syns unidentifiable)
Crispy chicken with rice (sticky stuff on chicken)
Café liégeois - without chantilly, but still, two scoops of coffee ice cream (Can't even pretend this was a sensible choice, but at least I asked for no cream...and the alternative desert was banana fritter so I think this was preferable!)

Total syns: unimaginable!!! ;)

Oh well, these things have to be done - you can't cancel your life because of an eating plan, and you can't really take clients out for dinner and make everyone feel uncomfortable by asking for undressed salad and water and not eating / drinking anything else ;)
Tomorrow, back on plan, back to UK and still 4 days to try and make things up before WI on Monday :)

Whereabouts in France are you headed? It's been 30 degrees this week in Paris and pretty muggy - would be perfect by a lake / beach though or in the mountains with a bit of a breeze... :)
Very jealous, I only ever come to France for work nowadays but it is a lovely country with so much variety of landscape and culture...I think it says a lot that most French people go on holiday within France - except my boss who's just spent 3 weeks in Bali, but if you live in Nice I guess you must have high standards for a holiday destination :)

Whereabouts in France are you headed? It's been 30 degrees this week in Paris and pretty muggy - would be perfect by a lake / beach though or in the mountains with a bit of a breeze... :)
Very jealous, I only ever come to France for work nowadays but it is a lovely country with so much variety of landscape and culture...I think it says a lot that most French people go on holiday within France - except my boss who's just spent 3 weeks in Bali, but if you live in Nice I guess you must have high standards for a holiday destination :)

Were towing our caravan over, staying in Normandy for 2 days then off to the Loire, near Angers for 2 week as we really want to visit the Chateau's then back to Normandy for another 2 days then home.
Hoping to see the Bayeaux Tapestry and the beaches while in Normandy too.....of course it would be rude not to try the wine,bread,cheese, cakes, cakes, cakes .....oops lol
xx

OMG Claire I'm so jealous - that sounds like heaven!
And yes it would definately be rude not to take advantage of all the delicious cheese, wine and meats while you're there!

Suey - you're totally right, you can't stop your life because of SW. And just you wait - I bet last night won't even make a difference! x

Oh Claire that does sound amazing! I really want to have a camper van one day so I can just head off and wander about for my holidays and for weekends. A couple of friends of mine had a cycling holiday in the Loire valley last month and had a great time. So I hope you do too :) :)

:) Thursday - back on green, hooray!!

Breakfast - apple, fat free natural yoghurt and fibre plus bar (HexB)

Lunch - Chicken salad (HexB)
Half a quiche Lorraine (8 syns??)
Nectarine

Dinner - Back at home :)
Jacket potato with beans and cheese (HexA)
Solero (5 syns)

Total syns: 13

:) Friday

Breakfast - apple and alpen light bar (0.5 HexB)

Lunch - potato salad with mixed leaves, tomato, cucumber
apple
alpen light bar (half HexB)

Snack - snackajacks (4.5 syns)

Dinner - Egg fried rice - brown rice, egg, onion, courgette, peppers, peas, sweetcorn, prawns and mussels (hexB), light soy sauce
Mini milk (1.5 syns)

Total syns: 6

:) Saturday

Breakfast - Fibre plus bar (HexB)

Dinner - three bean chilli with grated cheese (HexA)
Fromage frais, sweetener and strawberries

Total syns: 0 - and I'm missing a HexB.

Will see if I can eat anything later but am stuffed full of chilli for the moment :)

Update: Ended up having a kitkat so managed 5.5 syns for the day, even if I missed a HexB

Last edited:
Back