Advice for the PrawnchopSuey

:) Sunday

Breakfast - Alpen light bar (0.5 HexB)

Lunch - leftover chilli from last night
Mini milk (1.5 syns)

Snack - Alpen light bar (0.5 HexB)

Dinner - Egg, SW chips and beans with 3 x laughing cow light (HexA)
Strawberries and Solero (5 syns)

Total syns: 6.5 syns

Weighed in a day early today and have lost 1lb despite the days in France!! Pleased as this has taken me out of the obese BMI range :)

However, this is likely to be short lived since I am going on holiday tomorrow (hence the early WI)! Off to kayak down the River Wye near the Welsh border for a week which will be plenty of body magic but we are likely to seek out plenty of pub meals too (and the accompanying beer - well it would be rude not to ;)).
Will accept a 3lb gain but don't want to go above 13 stone ever again so am hoping not to gain more than 3... Have packed plenty of cereal bars and other free / low syn food to limit the damage :)

Have a great week everybody and I will be back to face the WI music a week Tuesday :)

Well done you! You must be so pleased!
Where abouts are you going kayaking? We went canoeing last month on the Wye - a co called Wye Valley Canoes (original I know!) in a little town called Glasbury nr Hay on Wye. It was so much fun!

How long are you going for? Will you stay in B&Bs on the way?x

IIIII'm back!

Had an amazing week, started at Glasbury and finished 5 days later at Holme Lacy, just South of Hereford. Kayaked over 60km in 4 days on the river.

We have a couple of kayaks and packed our tent, sleeping bags, food etc into them then camped on the way down at riverside campsites.
Luckily the weather stayed dry so it was perfect :)

Have tried to be SW-friendly, if not really on plan. Will WI tomorrow morning officially but don't think I've exceeded the 3lb I allowed myself so all good. If I can be bothered I will write up my food diary for the week later - I kept notes on a little piece of paper while I was away, very sad ;)

:) Monday - red day

Brunch - 2 eggs on toast (HexB) with onion relish (1.5 syns)
Dinner - 3 sausages, 2 burgers, 1 babybel (HexA), 1 pitta (HexB)
4 cans Carlsberg

:) Tuesday - green day

Breakfast - weetabix oaty bar (HexB), apple
Lunch - cheese and tomato pasta pot (3 syns)
Dinner - 2 beef and sweet red onion quorn burgers, 5 pork and apple quorn sausages, 1 babybel (HexA), cherry toms, spicy couscous salad, tomato and basil pasta salad

:) Wednesday - red day

Breakfast - weetabix oaty bar (HexB), apple, strawberries
Lunch - pitta (HexB), quorn ham slices, half tin WW tuna mayo and sweetcorn, 2 babybel light (HexA)
Dinner - Mussels with white wine and garlic, bread roll, sticky toffee pudding
1 pint Carling shandy
2 pints Carling
Full of syns but sooo good ;)

:) Thursday - green day

Breakfast - mushroom, tomato, egg, beans, 2 hash browns, toast (HexB), weetabix oaty bar (HexB), apple
Lunch - 2 tomato and herb pasta mugshots
Dinner - pasta with half a pouch of dolmio express tomato and chilli sauce and half a tub of dolmio sweet pepper stir-in sauce, babybel (HexA)

:) Friday - green day

Breakfast - oaty bar (3.5 syns), apple
Lunch - pitta (HexB), 3 babybels (HexA), tin WW tuna mayo and sweetcorn, apple
Dinner - AH lentil dhal, 1.5 pitta breads (HexB plus syns)
pint Carlsberg shandy

:) Saturday - green (piggy piggy) day

Breakfast - apple, pitta (HexB), babybels (HexA)
Lunch - Pizza Express Verdure Leggera pizza, tomato and mozzarella salad, peroni
Dinner - 5 red leicester and onion quorn sausages, corn on the cob, cherry toms, couscous and pasta salads, 1 can stella 4, 1 slice millionaire's shortbread

:) Sunday - green day

Breakfast - chocolate brownie, slice of millionaire's shortbread
Lunch - pasta salad and couscous salad, 2 babybels (HexA), cherry toms
Dinner - burger and chips, pint Stella shandy

:) Monday - green day

Lunch - pint Stella shandy, 2 Glamorgan (caephilly cheese and leek) sausages with mash and gravy
Dinner - spinach and cauliflower curry with rice and poppadum, diet Pepsi

:) Tuesday - back home, back on green days :)

Breakfast - Weetabix oaty bar (HexB), apple

Snack - snackajacks (4.5 syns)

Dinner - Egg fried rice with onion, courgette, pepper, sweetcorn, peas
Fibre plus bar (HexB)
Strawberries with fat free fromage frais and sweetener

Will WI and face the music tomorrow :)

Sounds like a fab holiday hun, you could have been a lot worse! Good luck for WI :)

Sounds like you had an amazing time and shock horror it was Glasbury we went canoeing back in June - what a small world!! We only did a day of canoeing (well... canoeing and drinking!!) and ended up just past Hay on Wye. Loved it though - first time we'd done it. Although not as brave as you - we B&B'd it!!

I'm well impressed you managed to keep track of your food all week - not sure I would have been able to do the same.

I'm sure you'll be fine at WI - you probably burnt off any extras you ate or drank!!
Good luck x

3lbs on...not good...Now the tricky bit is getting back on plan, not sure I'll be managing too well until I get back to work / routine next week - still in holiday mode at the moment...

:) Wednesday

Breakfast - lie in....mmmm, proper bed and a pillow, bliss...
Lunch - goat's cheese salad (mixed leaves, tomato, cucumber, balsamic vinegar, goat's cheese (HexA x 2)
Dinner - went off to the cinema and had a meal out, eek:
Brown Cow cocktail (milk, kaluha and cream - so synful but soooo good ;))
Garlic bread with cheese (2 slices :()
Chicken fajitas

Hmmm, back on plan from tomorrow?!

Trouble is, I don't dare update my signature to put the 3lbs on. Better had tomorrow, denial is a terrible thing ;)

At least you allowed yourself those 3lbs and didn't go over.
You do need to get back into SW mode though asap... otherwise it's a very slippery slope...

Right, back on the SW wagon...

:) Thursday

Brunch - baked beans, toast (HexB), cheese (HexA)

Snacks - snackajacks (4.5 syns)
banana
apple
Fibre plus bar (HexB)

Dinner - wholemeal pasta with onion, pepper, courgette, tomato and herbs, grated parmesan (HexA)
strawberries, fat free fromage frais, sweetener
Solero (5 syns)

Total syns: 9.5 syns

:) Friday

Breakfast - banana and Weetabix Oaty Bar (HexB)

Lunch - Savoury rice with salad (rocket, tomato, cucumber and balsamic vinegar)
Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Dinner - Tomato and basil risotto (from SW mag) with goat's cheese (HexA)
Strawberries, fibre plus bar (HexB), fat free fromage frais and sweetener
Solero (5 syns)

Total syns: 11

:) Saturday

Breakfast - Weetabix Oaty bar (HexB) and banana

Lunch - low fat supernoodles and sweetcorn

Snack - snackajacks (4.5 syns)
apple

Dinner - SW chips, eggs and cheesy beans (HexA)
Strawberries, fromage frais and sweetener

Total syns: 4.5 :)

:) Sunday

Brunch - Scrambled egg on toast (2 x HexB) spread with extra light own-brand phili (HexA) and onion relish (1.5 syns)
banana

Dinner - spaghetti and quorn bolognaise with grated cheese (HexA)
Solero (5 syns)

Snack - banana

Total syns: 6.5

Good luck for WI. Fingers crossed x

4lbs off :eek::eek::eek:

:D

Having a smug moment as I never thought the holiday weight would disappear that fast... Goes to show that most of it was probably water retention as a result of changing my eating and drinking routine and habits.

I have just about slipped out of the obese BMI range once again. This time though it will hopefully last for more than a week :eek:

Aiming for 2lbs off next week for my 1 stone shiny :D :D

Well done!!! You must be so pleased
I bet you're so glad you got back on track so quickly - it definately paid off!!

Am chuffed, it certainly does pay off to get back on track ASAP :)

:) Monday

Breakfast - Weetabix oaty bar (half HexB and 2 syns), banana

Lunch - Leftover spag bol, pear, apple

Dinner - Pasta arrabiata (bacon (1.5 HexB), onion, courgette, aubergine, peppers, passata) with grated cheese (HexA)
Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Total syns: 8

Off to brave the swimming pool at 9 too.... Not been to my local pool before and I've lived in this area for a whole year now! Am quite nervous about the waddle from the changing rooms to the pool (you all know what I mean...) but tonight it's a ladies only session so hopefully most of the kids will have gone by the time I get there.
Plus I really, really want a shiny next week ;)
Goal: 40 lengths (1km)

Hope you had a nice time swimming, I bet you felt fine once you were in the pool.
I'm sure you'll get your shiny!!

Yes it was fine - I did 50 lengths too, you have to get your money's worth ;)
A bit annoying though as they don't put lane ropes in or anything so there's women swimming about all over the place and *ahem* getting in the way, grrr. So it was a bit of a slalom effort. I might try an adults only session next time and see if that's any more structured :)

Back