Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Advice Needed - Target Weight

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Through the stones to your zone' started by suespain, 4 July 2011 Social URL.

1. suespain

suespain Loves living in the sun

Start Weight:
    16st10.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(13.25%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone

I need some help and advice please. I set my initial target weight at 11 stone in January 2009 when I was 16st 10lb, never thought I would get there, but now only 4lb away.

Going by the internet my ideal weight should be about 9.7 stone, which I think, for me will be ridiculous (am not a teenager and don't want to look gaunt!).

Because I don't go to a Slimming World club (none here in Spain), could anyone let me know if their consultant has given a realistic weight based on age, height etc.

I'm 42 (nearly 43), 5ft 4 and always been overweight.

I thought 10-10.7 stone would be about right, does this sound right? Although the WII says at 10.7 I would just be nudging out of overweight category (into normal!).

Just wanted some thoughts on what a good weight would be.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kron

Kron Target Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(35.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi
    Go to where you feel happy
    I think that these healthy weights can seem a bit ridiculous, as you say, ok if your a teenager lol
    I am at the top of my healthy weight range, and do not intend to lose more, I use exercise to tone my body shape, and people who know me say i am tiny and not to lose anymore weight

4. suespain

suespain Loves living in the sun

Start Weight:
    16st10.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(13.25%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Kron, thanks for the advise.

5. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    I set my target at where I thought I would be happy and not where the charts etc said. I think its difficult to be completely happy and when have lost a lot of weight not to keep trying for more etc but if you can find a weight where you are happy then go for that I'd say! :)

suespain likes this.
  6. Kron

Kron Target Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(35.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    When I started I didn't have clue about a target weight, as I had no idea what that would look like, so she set it at 10 st - which is above my healthy weight range - I'm a short ass lol - and as I got close I reset it
    Your clothes style can make a huge difference, changing your style, or actually getting one, talking from experience lol can make such a huge difference
    I must admit I am still quite body conscious. I wore shorts, before I lost weight it was 3/4 lengths, not daisy duke style, but above the knee and I felt very uncertain. So even at target, and knowing your so much more healthier we have adopted a harsh critique of our bodies, and I don't think that is easy to change. I still have the mindset of that larger person
    But I don my new outfit and feel fab, so it's got some very good points, just need to dwell on this side more :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.