Advice needed

babystar31

Gold Member
Hiya!

Looking for a bit of advice, im currently on Exante meal replacement diet and getting to the point where im struggling with not eating. Its like an addiction eh, ive given it up and im climbing the walls lol. Ive done Slimming World before but heart wasnt in it really.

I have a lot to lose as u can see from my ticker, almost 8stones. Is there anyoen out there who has lost this much? Or anyone with an idea of some sort of time frame you could realistically lose this? I just have to make sure im doing the right thing before i make the switch over lol. Thanks xx

It's impossible to say how long it would take you to lose that much as everyone is different. I lost 7st in 11 months but I kow other people have taken two or three years to lose that much. It also depends how strictly you follow the plan - I could count on one hand the number of times I went off plan - I was 100% focussed. I also exercise 4 or 5 times a week after I lost my first 2 stone.

But my advice would be not to focus on how much you have to lose and how fast you can get to target. Take it in small half stone chunks otherwise the sheer scale (no pun intended) of the task in hand can be daunting. And it has to be permament lifestyle change - not just a tool to get you to target.

Good luck!

I think the general rule if thumb is around half a stone a month x

Hiya!

Looking for a bit of advice, im currently on Exante meal replacement diet and getting to the point where im struggling with not eating. Its like an addiction eh, ive given it up and im climbing the walls lol. Ive done Slimming World before but heart wasnt in it really.
I have a lot to lose as u can see from my ticker, almost 8stones. Is there anyoen out there who has lost this much? Or anyone with an idea of some sort of time frame you could realistically lose this? I just have to make sure im doing the right thing before i make the switch over lol. Thanks xx

My own experience of coming of the Cambridge Diet and onto SW was that I gained 18lb before I gave it up.

I dont think it was the diets fault - I have since realised that the VLC diets are low carb and as with all low carb diets when you eat carbs again you put weight back on so you have to do it in a very controlled way (ie reintroduce limited amonts of one healthy carb at a time)

I have tried SW - along with every diet out there- but this time I seem to be having more success with how easy I am finding it and the results Im having because I think what I want to eat - and then I figure out how to make it SW friendly or fit it in as syns/HEs etc.

My advice would be to come off it (if thats what you decide to ) very slowly and stabilise before starting another type of diet.

I had 18 stone to lose when I started on SW..
I've lost 5 1/2 stone since august 2010 but that's not a typical journey, but it can be done..

Thanks everyone! On thinking about it, ive decided to stick with Exante. Ive had a very wobbly day bt have stuck to the plan. I know if i give up and come to SW and end up gaining initially i'll be devastated :( Well done on all of your losses! Hopefully when i get to goal (september im hoping) i'll be joining you guys for maintenence xx

Back