Advice needed

Ryan91

Hey guys, as a few of you might know, I'm doing Calorie Counting to try and beat the fat!
Today, I've went a little over protein, and salt.... what sort of effect is this likely to have on my weight loss attempt?

Thank you :)

Heya Ryan, hope you're enjoying CC.

As far as salt is concerned, I don't think that will have too much effect on your weight loss.

With protein, if you consistently go over then your body will start to store it as fat. However I find I often go over especially when I'm eating oily fish, chicken and red meat and it doesn't really seem to have that much of an effect. I think it's because MFP sets you a protein allowance which is well below the normal daily intake anyway, so even if you do go over then technically you're still within the normal limits, if that makes sense lol?

Don't worry about either of these things- Salt makes you retain water but if you drink plenty of fluid it shouldn't cling too much. I personally don't watch my protein levels, just my carbs. As tweekedgirl says you're still under normal levels. That and studies show that it doesn't matter what you eat, as long as you reduce your calories you will lose weight. Obviously, it is just much better for you to eat healthily :)

Going a little over with protein and salt now and again shouldn't have too many negative effects. As has been said before salt makes you retain water so make sure you drink plenty to flush out excess water. And excess calories, whether protein, fat or carbohydrate are all stored in the body as fat. It's the overall calorific input that counts I believe, but just a little over now and again won't affect things and may even be good for your metabolism.

That's a relief, thank you :)
I tend to get a little worried when I start to see my levels going into the red haha

Back