advice please on damage limitation.

fillymum

synful soul
I am well back on plan after a few dodgy months of yo-yo SW-ing.

My problem is that tomorrow I take our elderly friend shopping. She wants to go for lunch to a Chinese restaurant. It is her favourite food. If it was my choice it would be somewhere where I could have SW friendly food.

Her shopping trip with us is her only outing each week and I can not spoil it for her by insisting on some other type of place to eat.

I will have a kebab style starter that is made of pork fillet, so no fat involved unless any is use in cooking it. It is more consistent with steamed meat. It will be a red day so that is not a problem.

Any advice about my main course. What would be the least damaging. I really want to stick with it.

I only drink water when am out so that is o.k. as well.

If she wants to eat out again next week I am going to suggest that we each have a turn at choosing where.
HELP PLEASE !!!

Just had a look in my book
Beef or Chicken in black bean sauce (360g) 5 syns
Beef or chicken in oyster sauce (360g) 4.5 syns
Stir fried veggies (340g) 6.5 syns

What about doing EE for the day then you can enjoy some boiled rice with it too ??

If you up the speed and super speed type foods for the rest of the week this should help too

Hope this helps

How about Foo Yung? It is the chinese version of omelette and it is my favourite.

Different chefs use different ingredients but generally, it consists of eggs, bean sprouts, chicken/mushroom/beef etc. Sometimes there are peas and onions in there too. This is the lowest option as far as I am aware. You can have it with rice or stir fried veg and it is really filling.

Thanks both of you.

My first choice would have been the chicken in black bean sauce but Niax reminded me of how much I love foo yung.

I will just have to do what you have suggested and up my super foods for the rest of the week and stick with 10 syns a day.

Thursday and Friday will see me doing fish days, already bought the pickled herrings and the smoked haddock in preparation.............and I have all that marrow !!! Is marrow a super food ???

Yup marrow is super free and a speed food too
Enjoy your chinese !!

PS love your quote about the wagons, have pinched it and posted in our groups FB page :)

Chicken & mushroom or beef & mushroom with boiled rice (obvs eat as little of that as you can)

Enjoy x

I know you want a red day Sue, but I tend to have a mushroom or mixed veg chow mein when I have a chinese meal.
A chicken chow mein is 6 syns average on green (for the chicken I guess) so I have a mushroom one and count it as "not many" as there's no chicken in it!!!

Enjoy your lunch Sue. xxx

I know you want a red day Sue, but I tend to have a mushroom or mixed veg chow mein when I have a chinese meal.
A chicken chow mein is 6 syns average on green (for the chicken I guess) so I have a mushroom one and count it as "not many" as there's no chicken in it!!!

Enjoy your lunch Sue. xxx

I do not believe that Jay that is exactly what I had!!!! I decided to go green. I had a Chinese salad as a starter, no pud and drank sparkling water.

What I was most pleased with was staying on plan tonight instead of thinking " to hell with it ".I had a baked potato and a mountain of salad.......delish.

I am so glad to be back on track again and feeling strong.

Fantastic, well done for staying on track, I went fir an Indian last week and was going to do Green and go for veggie Byriani. What did I have ?? Popsdoms, onion bhaji, pakora, mixed special curry, rice and peshwari naan, I daren't even begin to tot up the syns !!!

It was my WI this morning and I am pleased to report that yesterday did not inhibit my weight loss.

I have lost 2 lbs in a week yeah !!!!

What a shame I am just taking this weight of for the second time.......

Back