Advice please: Stuck in Dubai and running out of foodpacks!!

roratone

Hi All,

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation but can some one offer me advice please? Due to the flights saga I can't get a flight home for another week. I'm quickly running out of packs. Since the volcano erruped I've been having 3 packs a day in order to make them last longer - Q1 - Will this be affecting my weight loss?

Q2 - In the health food shops I've seen what I can only describe as post work out shakes that have the same composition as the foodpacks (but not all the vits & mins etc). Do you think these will be OK to use as an emergency filler?

I feel so lucky to be stranded in such a wonderful (if very hot) place, I know other people are in dreadful situations any my thoughts are with them :wave_cry:

Any advice welcome xxx

Forgot to say - Lighter life doesn't exist in Dubai x

hi there
3 packs mean you are not getting all your nutrients and you may find this has a bad effect in the future with things like hair loss.

if i was in your position i would try and do a version of LLL. Have 2 or 3 packs a day and a meal with approx 150g protein and salad. you should stay in ketosis.

if you run out completely then stick to protein and salad meals

is there anything like slim fast or lipo trim over there? that way you would still be in the right frame of mind, having shakes and soups, if you are worried about eating food again. Do they have pharmacies where you could ask if there is something similar?

Any idea when you are going to be able to get home?

Daisy x

One of our group got stuck somewhere without packs and did slimfast for a few days, the LLC said this was a good choice and the lady still lost lenty of weight, so if they do have slimfast you could try that.

Otherwise what daisydoll said above.

Thanks girls - Been a mini bit freaking out here. The sun is so hot and am concerned about my water intake too. Been staying in shade but seem to be thirsty all the time.

Back