Advice please

cuddlyfairy

Gold Member
Hello everyone,

I arrived back from my sisters to find a letter from my local hospital with a date for my operation (to sort out my bunion!:rolleyes:)

Now I will still be on LT at that point and I'm wondering about the logistics of the occasion.
1. Do I tell the hospital I am doing tfr? (I'd rather not!)
2. Will it matter if I don't get all 3 shakes in? (I have no intention of coming off LT for the op but am unsure if I will manage to have them all)
3. Has anyone else had the same op and give me advice on recovery times.

Thank you in advance.

Must admit I'm a bit nervous about it all!:wave_cry:

x

Some things will matter- is it a day-procedure? If so, then you'll be able to manage the shakes, and yes- try to get all three, there'd be no reason you couldn't?
Will you be having a general anaesthetic? This may have an impact on you doing LT. I'd contact them directly, or ask your consultant (though I understand if you don't want them to know?)

Oh- and Good Luck!!

You may be avoiding the compressed hamster food (flapjacks), but a few of those at hand will cover a couple of mealtimes when it's not possible to make a shake...

I have no experience of this but I would *definitely* tell the hospital that you are on Lipotrim - it may affect things, it may not, but i'd personally want to make sure people looking after my health have the full facts before they embark on any kind of operation :)

good luck, i hope it goes ok and you're back on less painful feet soon!

I have no experience of this but I would *definitely* tell the hospital that you are on Lipotrim - it may affect things, it may not, but i'd personally want to make sure people looking after my health have the full facts before they embark on any kind of operation :)
Thats actually very good advice when I think about it.

It's best to check it out with your consultant first. Also if you are having general anaesthetic you would need to fast for a number of hours beforehand and so all forms of food any liquid might be out. Definitely put them in the picture. Your health is way too important.

Hello everyone,

I arrived back from my sisters to find a letter from my local hospital with a date for my operation (to sort out my bunion!:rolleyes:)

Now I will still be on LT at that point and I'm wondering about the logistics of the occasion.
1. Do I tell the hospital I am doing tfr? (I'd rather not!)
2. Will it matter if I don't get all 3 shakes in? (I have no intention of coming off LT for the op but am unsure if I will manage to have them all)
3. Has anyone else had the same op and give me advice on recovery times.

Thank you in advance.

Must admit I'm a bit nervous about it all!:wave_cry:

x

Hi Cuddly
I had an op whilst on LT a few weeks ago. My consultant was fine with me staying on it. I was in and out within about 3 hours and under general as well.

I didnt tell the nurses though, just didnt see why I had to and didnt want to make a fuss. Once I came round, they gave me a hot drink (black coffee) and gave me 3 biscuits that I admittedly put in my dressing gown pocket as they wouldnt let me out without eating...so, I told a wee white lie! I must admit I only managed 2 shakes that day, but it didnt have any impact at all on my weight loss.

When I told my pharmacist I was told that I had to come off LT for 6 weeks!!!!!!! So, I told her my consultant was happy and she didnt pursue this! I think LT have to cover their own backs.

I did promise myself though, that if I felt iffy, then I would start eating as my health was certainly more important. Your bunion op shouldnt be a big op, so I reckon you should be ok though. But that is just my opinion and my experience.

I had to ill effects whatsoever and felt fab even a few days after, but I just made sure I took my 3 shakes and all my water the next days, etc..

Hope this helps.

Thank you all for your replies. I must admit after I had posted I reread the letter and decided I did have to tell the hospital, though may just tell my consultant.

Hopefully it is just a day procedure but it is under a general - my first!!!!!

Ric, I don't mind the flapjacks so will definitely be taking one (or more) in with me.

Once again thank you all for your advice, it is gratefully received.

x

Last edited:
Back