Advice please!?

I've done it! I've ordered my first lot. I went all in and ordered a months supply so I best like it.

Wish me luck! Going to start next Sunday. I'm going to try not to have too much if a blow out week this week but in goi g to have a week of my fave meals.

Thanks to you all for your advice, its really helped me make the decision to just go for it and realise normal people can do it.

That's great...

Believe me...if I can do it anyone cant..

Ketosis is an amazing thing...you wont even batt an eyelid when you see food

Good luck on your journey! And keep us all updated.

My box came today. How on earth can I live on that for 28 days?!? Am hoping this ketosis thing works. Wish me luck for Sunday. Will start a diary on the diary page at the weekend. :)

Looking forward to seeing your diary :)

Honestly - you can live on that! Once ketosis has kicked in you'll be on here asking if you really have to have as many as 4 packs a day because you're not hungry... (and the answer is yes you do!)

Looking forward to seeing your diary :)

Honestly - you can live on that! Once ketosis has kicked in you'll be on here asking if you really have to have as many as 4 packs a day because you're not hungry... (and the answer is yes you do!)

I'm really hoping that's right. I am actually looking forward to it. Ill start a diary at the weekend. I had a diary in the slimming world forum but there are so many people on there you kind of get lost. there only seem to be a few people on this forum so im hoping to get a bit more conversation going.

I honestly believe I have a food addiction. I don't eat because I'm hungry, I just eat because I want to and sometimes really cant stop myself. Hopefully this will try and kick me out of it. If I don't have the option to have anything else I'm hoping ill just get on with it.

When I gave up smoking 5 years ago I just stopped, didn't have any option to have just one or a little bit more. With food it's so much more difficult!

That's how I felt before I started. I did 4 packs, no milk, no veg for the first 6 months. It really worked for me because I felt like I'd given up food. It allowed me to reassess my relationship with food and was a really powerful time for me. I then moved on to 3 packs and a protein meal for 3/4 months. That was really important in getting me used to eating food again before maintenance and understanding what a normal portion looks like. I think if I'd gone straight from 4 packs a day to maintenance I'd have failed big time.

That's how I felt before I started. I did 4 packs, no milk, no veg for the first 6 months. It really worked for me because I felt like I'd given up food. It allowed me to reassess my relationship with food and was a really powerful time for me. I then moved on to 3 packs and a protein meal for 3/4 months. That was really important in getting me used to eating food again before maintenance and understanding what a normal portion looks like. I think if I'd gone straight from 4 packs a day to maintenance I'd have failed big time.

Thanks weasy, that's good advice. Think i will try that when needed. I am wondering about maintenance. A friend of mine has done lighter life, she eats now but if she puts half a stone on she will go back on plan for a week or so. There is also the 5 2 diet isn't there? I haven't even lost the weight and I'm already worried about putting it back on! Haha

have you started a diary??

Thinking about how to maintain is never a waste of time. You need to find what works for you as everyone is so different. It took me a long time to find my approach. I have a friend who is intending to maintain using packs on the 5:2 diet (except in maintenance it's really the 6:1 diet as you only have 1 day of fasting). Thinking about your options and what might work for ou is never a waste of time. Going back on the diet if ou put a certain amount of weight back on is also another possible approach. Watching your calories every day / Dukan Consolidation / Exercise / Therapy / etc.

Personally the approach which worked best for me was to eat small meals 5 times a day so that I never get too hungry. I make reasonable choices at each meal but I don't count overall calories in the day. I also went to personal therapy - although I go very rarely now. I took up exercise in a big way when I reached goal, with the help of a personal trainer. Nowadays I do roller derby training and love it. It took me a long time to find the formula which worked for me but every minute thinking about it was a good investment.

have you started a diary??

Not yet, will start one properly on Sunday, although I might as well as I am writing so much on here. I don't want to share my food diary as I have been eating sooooooo bad. Has major carb overload today. Baguette for lunch, and pasta and garlic bread for dinner! Couldn't have had more if I tried! :)

Thinking about how to maintain is never a waste of time. You need to find what works for you as everyone is so different. It took me a long time to find my approach. I have a friend who is intending to maintain using packs on the 5:2 diet (except in maintenance it's really the 6:1 diet as you only have 1 day of fasting). Thinking about your options and what might work for ou is never a waste of time. Going back on the diet if ou put a certain amount of weight back on is also another possible approach. Watching your calories every day / Dukan Consolidation / Exercise / Therapy / etc.

Personally the approach which worked best for me was to eat small meals 5 times a day so that I never get too hungry. I make reasonable choices at each meal but I don't count overall calories in the day. I also went to personal therapy - although I go very rarely now. I took up exercise in a big way when I reached goal, with the help of a personal trainer. Nowadays I do roller derby training and love it. It took me a long time to find the formula which worked for me but every minute thinking about it was a good investment.

I've got an exercise bike which I'm trying to do at least 20 mins a day.

Think ill have to see how well I do before I decide how to maintain. ive kind of conditioned myself to believe that I am going to be fat forever. And although I am very determined for this to work I've always failed on diets. I'm trying to be positive though and it really helps talking to you lovely ladies who have been/are going through it already.

That's one of the wonderful things about thinking about how to maintain. It is such a positive thing to do as it doesn't fill your head with thoughts of defeat but instead let's you solve the next problem. It's a really positive thing to do.

Hope everything goes well and I look forward to seeing your diary.

Does anyone know if you can successfully mix the simplicity plan with the lifestyle plan? I want to do the one with only the packs but wondering if I could have the low carb meal on occasion?

Yes you can. You can do 4 packs one day and 3 packs with a small protein meal the next.

Back