advice please

Discussion in 'Strugglers and Restarters' started by 2big, 18 March 2009 Social URL.

1. 2big

2big Member

i've been reading about all these different kinds of diets and quite frankly I haven't a clue where to start - there's so many and I don't know which, if any, would be suitable for me.
    How do I choose one? Should this be done in consultation with my GP? Is it just a case of try one that I like the sound of and see?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. BrownEyedGirl87

BrownEyedGirl87 Member

Start Weight:
    10st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(7.53%)
    Diet:
    Just good old healthy eating!
    I think it probably depends on how much weight you want you lose and how well you stick to diet plans (I am USELESS at sticking to plans so I opted to just cut my calories - that way I can monitor what I eat but still eat what I choose.)

If you have a lot to lose then talking to your GP is probably the best thing. I think the Cambridge Diet looks good, I only have 10 pounds left to lose now but if I had more I'd try that. Of course, that only works if you stick to it and dont stray from the rules...

Its is all about personal choice and what you know you will stick to.

Well, thats my opinion anyway! :cool:

4. 2big

2big Member

thanks for the reply. i've got about 42 lbs to lose, so i'll have a look at the cambridge diet you mentioned. i think just healthy eating and exercise would suit me best, but i plan to have a look around first. i've already cut out my beloved McCoys crisps and kit-kats so thats a start. here goes...

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.