after effects of a meal out

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by shebedee, 6 November 2011 Social URL.

1. shebedee

shebedee Full Member

Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Diet:
    SW Extra Easy
    I had a birthday this week and ate out twice; once in an Indian restaurant and once in a bistro. I made the best choices I could but relaxed my own strict rules a bit. I did manage to refuse alcohol (if possible always drive the car wherever you go!)

Even with moderate choices,I know that the food had more fat, oil, sugar and salt than I have eaten in months. Consequently, I had quite an upset tummy -2nd day now. Has anyone else experienced this or do you think it's probably a bug?

It will put me off eating out in I while- I know that. Any advice appreciated.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Xcharlibobx

Xcharlibobx Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.5%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hi sweetie ;)

I find if I've been really strict & 100% that fatty food can make me feel awful, usually makes my skin go haywire & I get really dehydrated as well.

It could be the shock to the system or a bug - it's hard to tell. Just keep your fluids up & take care of yourself :) Hope you feel better.

XxX

4. BigChief

BigChief Member

After 2 weeks on SW EE i went out and had a burger, chips, pepper sauce and a pint. The next morning i woke up with what i can only describe as a massive hangover. I felt groggy didnt want to get out of bed took me 3 or 4 hours to shake it :)

I vote for for the shock to the system idea. Just drink loads of water and you will be back to normal within a day or two :) Feel better.

5. shebedee

shebedee Full Member

Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Diet:
    SW Extra Easy
    Thanks Charli

I feel much better now thank goodness.I met another slimmingworlder today and she said that fatty food makes her a bit queasy for a day or so. All the more reason to be good and stick to the plan eh?

I get weighed tomorrow and this will hopefully mean that 2 meals out won't have done any damage.

All the best
    Sheila x

6. Xcharlibobx

Xcharlibobx Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.5%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Aw bless ya. Glad you feel better & good luck with weigh in :)

XxX

7. XxroxyredsxX

XxroxyredsxX Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    How much insentive is that though? Feeling unwell cos of a meal that was full of nasty fat!
    I used to love mcdonalds! I bet I wont love it in a few months after sticking to this for a good few months!! xx

8. charleybabes

charleybabes Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world Extra Easy
    i had a mad weekend last weekend consisting of take outs chocolate crisps vodka .. the works!.. ive not ate like that for just over two months.. well the first few days this week i really suffered with an upset tummy.. its made me realise how much my body has got used to eating proper food no junk...
    i wont be having a binge like that again!!!

9. snowwhite85

snowwhite85 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    :confused: This is kinda putting me off a baguette with chicken, bacon bbq sauce and cheese. Had promised myself this as a treat with a friend next Friday night. Now I might stick to the plan :( Just doesn't seem as much fun

10. woolfio

woolfio Member

I feel exactly the same...... Even if I have one little thing it makes my stomach do sonersaults, it's a food hangover! Guess we have to stay away from the fat!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.