After slim and save???

Sparkle88

i was just wondering after we have gotten to our goal weight through slim and save - then what. can we change to another diet to mantain at our chosen goal? coz i couldnt see this being a long term thing. and if anyone has changed their diets after losing weight, have they found that they have put it all back on?

thanks

You won't put it all back on if you move to another diet and eat properly for maintenance. You will only put it back on if you don't maintain properly, just like with any diet. Be aware though that you will gain around half a stone when you leave ketosis unless you go through a very careful, methodical refeed so you may wish to consider losing half a stone more than your eventual goal to offset this.

To my shame I did a VLCD 7 years ago, lost 7 stone, maintained for 2 years and then didn't and gradually in the intervening years I put much of it back on. Back now to lose it again with a definite aim of keeping it off this time!

so say if i moved to slimming world after losing what i want to lose wud that work? x

Don't see why not.

I think also after wards it be good to weigh yourself every week as you do to Watch your weight it's amazing that I didn't Weigh myself (unless I joined a slimming group) at all! No wonder my weight went up and up as I didn't think anything was wrong until my dress sizes went a bit too far for me!

Quite a few people end up joining a slimming group and work it round that! I plan to lose 4 and half stone refeed then join a slimming group and lose my extra stone that way and get into the mind set of eating healthy.

ok thats helped me thank you, made me feel a bit better lol xx

I don't intend to do a diet at the end. I do intend to change my eating habits, weigh regularly and continue using MFP. You need to work at maintenance but for me at isn't the same as being on a diet.

I was thinking the same about after but i am going to use MFP and weigh reguarly with more exercise which hopefully will maintain

what is MFP? and how would you do matience? is that the same as just eating healthy? x

MFP - My Fitness Pal.

Yes - eating healthily. MFP helps you to plan your meals and to know how many calories you are having.

MFP for me too :)

ideally thats what i want is to eat normally without worrying that ill put on weight if i eat it, i still want the occational treat every now and then without regretting it the day after xx

During maintenance I'm planning on doing 'light' days during the week where I have around 1200 or so calories (dieting is easy when I'm working) that should allow me some slack at weekends or on special occasions to have some treats. That's the plan anyway :). Everyone can have treats, just not all the time, and we need to compensate for them somehow if they take us over our maintenance calorie level. I think it's easy to have too many calories without even thinking about it. MFP really concentrates the mind.

I would like to do this, but I suffer from pure greed. There was no reason I put back on the two stone I lost other than greed.
I think I've been on so many random diets that I've lost the ability/knowledge to eat properly. Seriously considering going to gp and asking for a dietician appoint when I'm near goal.

I would like to be able to eat what ever I want and reduce portions, but I'm a comfort eater who gets carried away

10 lost : 57 to goal

i just dont want to put it all back on and more xx

I am hoping that once I get there if I stick to the principal of slimming world thought the week and then do my own thing at weekends (without being over the top) I hope I can maintain, both my mam and sister lost loads of weight and do this now and are maintaining. Not sure how it will work to begin with as you can have quite a lot of carbs with SW

Back