Against all odds...

5lbs gone!! Yey!!!!! xxx

How is everyone getting on??

:)

...just starting today.
can't decide whether to have 3 packs and small meal or to do the whole 4 packs thing tho?
i need to lose about 21lbs (5 of those glycogen which i know will go back on)

well done on your loss
x

Well done Anna!!

I'm starting today as well Daisy, as we discussed!! I'm doing Exante though - I have a plan, as this is about the seventh time that I've started and haven't managed to get past day 3 before now.

So, I'm giving my debit card to my other half to hide - therefore I CAN'T buy food or wine and I'm going to have my three packs and tap water/black coffee.

I've also decided that I need something to occupy me to stop me from wanting to eat/drink of an evening - I'm going to take up knitting again and try to produce a cardigan for my two year old!! Ha! It's been years, but as I recall when I used to have the time to sit and knit, I did quite enjoy it. I also plan to use the Wii and if I get home early enough, weather permitting I plan to go for walks with the pram.

So...Daisy, I wish you all the best of luck - I actually went shopping on Saturday to Next and those mirrors they have where you can see your back? Well, suffice to say that was a big part of my definitely putting all my plans in place - I've gone from quite skinny (which I loved!!) to normal, and now I am definitely overweight again which was proved by the changing room mirror. Put a stop to it now Daisy while you don't have too much to lose, it's all too easy to keep putting it off as we know all too well. I want to lose 35lb - how the heck did I let it go so far without doing something???

Nik xx

Hi Anna, good to have you back and congratulations on the early 5lb loss. Interesting to see so many (well 3-4) of the 2009 'losers' back on the bus with a little weight to lose again.

I suspect the problem with LL is that the weight drops off so quickly that we can become a little complacent about putting back a 'couple' of lbs and that can soon become a few more etc. PS, Daisy - my feeling is that it takes a LONG time for our bodies (and more so our minds) to get into sync with being a smaller/slimmer person and we subconsciously tend towards our old shape and habits. My LLC once told me that it would take at least 2 years after the diet before I'd be comfortable with maintaining at a new weight, and I can definately see how that could be the case.

I'm still here. Put on the weight I lost in January and would like to lose ~ 7-10lb which I plan on just watching what I eat/drink and moving around a bit more now the days are getting lighter again. My wife is adamant that I don't use packs as she feels they encourage weight gain after - which we all know is nonesense but I've never been able to lose weight in the 'normal' way, but we'll give it a go and see what happens.

Sorry, wasn't meant to be a monlogue about me :) Welcome back Anna and good luck

Sean, lovely to see you again!
sounds like you are doing well. I'm just worried that in the two years it takes for my body to adjust it will be 4 stone heavier again, lol!

Anna
How is it going?
Daisy x

Hi! Sean, good to see you! I still can't get over your pictures - I bet people that hadn't seen you since before you started didn't recognise you! I see from your ticker that you only have 1lb left to lose (if it's up to date), wow, I cannot wait until the day when mine says the same!! I am a total believer about the 2 year thing - although I heard it said of 1 year, 18 months etc etc... whatever time period it is, there is definitely something in it. There have been medical reports and everything. Something to do with the body's set point (cue Pete and his technical knowledge...)
In my case, I got relaxed. I came off the diet the second I hit 'healthy', full of intentions to do the last stone and a half on my own. Looking back, it was a bit stupid as I had no idea 'how' to eat. In the end I only put on a stone from my lightest weigh in... which I wasn't that upset about... but seeing as I was meant to be going a stone+ in the other direction, it made me take notice!! This time around I've not told anyone I am back on LL (aside from mum, sister, best mate and boyfriend!!).. last time I told anyone that would listen... I bored people silly, scribbled about it in a public blog and was very vocal about how brilliant it is. This time around, however, I am aware that it seems like a drastic measure. I don't look big enough to be on such a strict regime... but like you, Sean, I have never managed to lose weight any other way. Be it because of willpower or something else, I just know that LL works for me. I don't want to rely on using it as a quick fix for ever, but for now, to get me to where I set out to be, it is the answer. Wish me luck!

Daisy ~ hey honey! I'm ok thanks. Had a couple of slip ups over the weekend - one on Sat night (minor) and one on Sun night after weigh in. Weirdly, rather than see a 5lb loss as a good thing, my messed up head kicks in with 'ooh, 5lbs off, well done, you can afford to have a little something tonight before you start week two tomorrow'. Doh. This is what I did last time, always after weigh in. Definitely a habit I need to shake. I was fine yesterday and am fine today. Have no intention of lapsing... I think this Sunday I am going to make a plan to do something/see someone straight after fat club, so there is no time to go and reward myself. I also know that I could still reward myself with something less destructive (nice bath, paint nails, read magazine yada yada), but none of those things are that exciting to me. Living alone, I spend all my time pampering myself and generally spoiling myself!! Haha.
I am really wittering on this morning. Sorry about that!
So - in answer to your question, in the here and now I am feeling great... I am about to have my breakfast and a big glass of water... I am already seeing a small difference in my clothes, which is a lovely motivation. I will do it this time. The naughty behaviours need to stop!

How are you getting on girlies?? :) xxxx

Good luck to all of you lovely people - I know you can do it. Keep saying "I know I can" to yourselves - and no matter how uncertain you feel right now; eventually you will believe the words. It is unhelpful to keep envisaging failure in 1 or 2 years (i.e. when you tell yourself 'But I'm scared that in 2 years I'll be 5 stone heavier again!!!')... That sets up for automatic failure. Change the words and say 'I know in 2 years time I will be the same as I am now'. If there is no fear of the future, then there is less risk of SABOTAGE. ...and yes, we actively seek to sabotage ourselves every day because momentary pleasures (all the little things!) don't seem to show up until it's too late, too much and absolutely obvious. "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips"...myes? ;)

I really need to watch myself too before I put on any 'excess' and indeed - every day is a battle against the screaming monsters inside WANTING and CRAVING lots of different things. Certain days are much harder than others. Every day is a battle against the cravings, and while my body seems to have now set to an image of myself at size 8 (i.e. I don't "feel" or "see" a "fat person" anymore) - old habits DO still creep up.
I guess though this is also prompted by the fact that I got too 'comfortable'. I lost weight on LL and Lite... Then I lost more (albeit quite slowly) by myself over the period of about half a year - just calorie counting. I now know that it takes PATIENCE. However, it's the self-control and discipline that is hard to master... Complacency has crept in because I have 'dodged' the bullet so many times; it's as if I'm "immune" somehow.. but no one is 'immune' to weight gain.

I need to remember to be patient. And keep on working on relearning and rewiring my brain. I would advise - that instead of avoiding certain things and behaviour - you replace it with another. Break habits on a regular basis and don't get too comfortable.

For example. Recently (due to the EXCUSE of 'stress') I have got into the habit of 'late-night' snacking after everyone's gone to bed... Now, when I say snacking... I go down with the intention of having 1 small thing... which then ends up in a bucket of food. Slowly from once a week type of behaviour, it had become an every night event. Bad? yes. very.

It has become a habit - because
1) I got USED to doing it every night, waiting for everyone to go to bed so that I could 'indulge'.
2) I received a 'food-chemical-rush' which was very satisfying, pleasurable, HIGH which led to very good sleep and warmth. ...

In the morning I'd wake up, feeling a little guilty, still quite 'stuffed' and promising NOT to do it again. ... Then the cycle repeats.

I managed NOT to get into that situation last night (yay!) - by actively reasoning with myself as to reasons I SHOULDN'T and making peace with it. I didn't prohibit. I replaced my need to chew with a piece of gum. Minty freshness (you can probably try brushing your teeth if gum isn't allowed) - will break 'food craving' we get... you know the type when we get a 'taste for something'. ... hunger however is the one I still need to work on... sometimes no matter how much coffee/tea/water I drink - it doesn't go away! Eeek.

Good luck again to everyone...!! I think, sometimes, a little luck is also what we need!!

Wow, it's great to have so many familiar faces back again, and as always the level of support for each other here is continually inspiring :)

Hey Anna
So understand what you mean and where you are coming from. I managed to lose 68lbs too and I think the compliments got to me and I thought, well everyone says I look good so I must do and that was my downfall. The whole of last year was trying to get back on the plan, but it didnt happen. I am on my first day back on LL. Tried CD but found they were too relaxed about the whole thing. So have reconnected with LL :) Nice to see so many familiar faces!

Hi Preeti! Lovely to see you again - although sorry to hear you have been struggling too. Good luck today, you can do this! I think March is the month for us all to start kicking the last bit of weight into touch! WE CAN DO THIS!! Keep in touch! A x x

Hey Anna
Day is going terrible! Had a near accident this morning driving to work and was called a racial word!! and then spilt coffee all over myself, so I had to go home and change, but sooooooo glad I have not succumbed to any pick me ups at all!! This might actually be working! ;)
Hope your day is going well!
P

Back