Alcohol!!

25ml is 2.5, 35ml is 4. xx

hi

well i can honestly say that when I first started sw I was in uni and was out every weekend, my weight was -0.5lbn then plus 0.5lb lol I didnt get anywhere

when I finished uni and started work I didnt drink as much and found my weight loss speed up, not loads but an average of 1 to 1.5lb a week

so I try not to drink alcohol, cause even if am super good with food and have no syns all week, I still tend to gain between 0.5lb and 1lb that week, it might not seem much but very annoying,

my weigh in is a tuesday so its to close to the weekend, and I think I just retain to much fluid, I think if I weighed later in the week I would be fine lol :)

hope that makes sense lol

Because I like a drink or three at the weekend I deliberately chose a Thursday for WI (only a choice of Monday or Thursday where I live!).

I don't think the wine is too big a problem for weight loss as long as you stay within syns. I was doing EE all the time and weight loss was about 1/2lb - 1lb a week but when I did a couple of green days during the week, whilst still drinking at the weekends, I found it increased a bit to 1lb - 1.5lb a week. So I think it's more to do with what you eat than what you drink.

Denise

Hi Guys & Girls,
I think 1) drinking day and WI day are connected 2) drink and count it within your weekly syn limit.

You can't drink what you want, and then not have any syns, if the drinking exceeds yr weekly syn limit of 70 - 105

How did the week free of wine go? any change in weight loss?

I don't think alcohol has ever effected my losses, but I only go out about once a month. I do like a few small drinks during the week though, and always drink spirits & diet mixers.

It could be something like the combination of dehydration the next day and possibly taking in too much salt which is keeping losses low whilst drinking. Or it could just be your bodies optimum weight loss! everyone is different.

Or perhaps you and wine just don't get on :D would be interesting to find out anyways! let us know how you get on this week :)

xx

You could always opt for a low alcohol wine?
My CONS said that a whole bottle of normal red wine is around 30 syns whereas low alc wine (eg; weight watchers) is around 12 syns (for a whole bottle) ... you could have 2!!! :)

I've also been told of a bottle of red called First Cape which is only 9 syns a bottle.

How did the week free of wine go? any change in weight loss?

I don't think alcohol has ever effected my losses, but I only go out about once a month. I do like a few small drinks during the week though, and always drink spirits & diet mixers.

It could be something like the combination of dehydration the next day and possibly taking in too much salt which is keeping losses low whilst drinking. Or it could just be your bodies optimum weight loss! everyone is different.

Or perhaps you and wine just don't get on :D would be interesting to find out anyways! let us know how you get on this week :)

xx

Hi,

Yes I definitely found it had an effect. I lost 2Ib that week.

The next week I had vodka and STS.

This week, again no alcohol and I lost 2 and a half pounds.

Unfortunately (as I do like a drink) it does affect my losses so think I'll be a t-totaller for a while!!

You could always opt for a low alcohol wine?
My CONS said that a whole bottle of normal red wine is around 30 syns whereas low alc wine (eg; weight watchers) is around 12 syns (for a whole bottle) ... you could have 2!!! :)

I've also been told of a bottle of red called First Cape which is only 9 syns a bottle.

You know why First Cape red is only 9syns don't you? Cause it's so VILE you can't finish the bottle :D

Tastes like someone put their cig out in it - yucchhh

I read that the mediterain diet actually encourages you to drink a glass of red wine most evenings - Its said to aid weight loss and improve general health.

No idea if its true - but I often use my syns for red wine - every week ive gone without ive seen no improvement in my weight loss.

Only advice is that sometimes drinking can make you feel more hungry - so have some free foods close by!

I have been limiting alcohol largely to gin & slimline tonic or vodka and diet redbull rather than having large glasses of dry white wine and so far so good. My weigh in is on a Monday - I deliberately chose this as it focuses my mind - try to just drink 1 or maybe 2 days a week now too so hopefullyt will be ok.

Back