Alcohol?

amybonbon

Has anyone had any experience with being 100% but drank alcohol at the same time? Ive been reading up on it ALOT and i understand how it can be very dangerous but when i look on other website at people in ketosis who have drank say its rubbish and they were fine? anyone had any experience?

Might be best to ask this on the main SnS forum as more people are likely to see it. Also, it shouldn't technicqlly be in the 100% forum as it isn't sticking to plan.

It isn't something I've done so I'm afraid I can't help with your question.

When I did Atkins for a few months 3 years ago I went to a planned night out and drank alcohol. I didn't know it was dangerous in ketosis.

I was really drunk really quick can't remember hardly anything about the night and was violently sick in my sleep. I woke up covered in vomit the next morning. I felt like hell the next few days

I am never ever like that when drinking and have never been like that since. I blame ketosis

I've seen numerous threads on here with people ending up so sick drinking. One girl on Exante lost a whole day after drinking 2 glasses of wine. Don't risk it

I wouldn't recommend it! I came off plan a few weekends ago for a last minute night out & only had a couple of white wine with soda..... never again!!! felt like I'd drank the place dry and felt so weak for days after (I've never had a hangover before) my advice... refeed at least a week before drinking alcohol.

I have drunk and been fine, but only had one or had it whilst eating something high carb. I found I felt the effects much quicker and definitely wouldn't do a night out with out eating arbs.

hello
i think is not good for healthy that thing if are good in few but other are bad so is better y let it

So i ate carbs Friday night and all day Saturday. Went out Saturday night and drank as much as i would off the diet and was fine. Ate carbs Sunday and now back on the diet. Gonna be hard getting back in ketosis but worth coming out of it for the night out!

Hi Amy
That's the best way to do it, glad you enjoyed your night out! Good luck getting back on track, well done for not letting one weekend off spiral into a week, then month!
LED x

Back