Alexmummy's learning journey...

Hiya AM - great news about passing your course - all that hard work has paid off. Not so good about your son though, I am full of cold at the moment and it is miserable isn't it!

Am sure the 5lbs will come off once you get your focus back on it, there has been so much going on for you lately. Look at how far you have come since you started last year - woo hoo!!!

And thanks for your comments on Katy's diary, exactly how I want to look at Christmas eating and celebrating.

Have a lovely weekend. Hope your little boy is well to enjoy Christmas xxx

Echoing Wales' congrats... yay for first year exams passed with flying colours! A year of big achievements for you honey.

Hope son is better soon, take care and cosy in for next few days, get yourselves better for Xmas.

xxx

Thanks for congrats ladies - so very proud of passing - has ended the year on a slightly better note...just got to do it all again next year. Glutten for punishment me!

So yesterday was a good day for me - no picking and that was definitely something in comparison to the last few weeks.
I had just under 1400 cals in the end - and again after reading KD's post I am aiming for between 12-1400 cals a day (as not maintaining at the mo) but as lots of things are throwing themselves at me, I know I can be 'safe' at this level, aim for the 1200 and if things get bad, go for 1400.

My little boy getting upset (not well at all) will be back later x

Ok so today is Sunday 20th December 2009, and I know I am a million miles away from where I stood this time last year (ok not literally) but in terms of weight, health and a little in confidence too - but I also know there is still work to be done, and a lot of it.

I am still full of cold, my little boy still not well, but it is no reason not to keep battling through each day. I seem to start so very well, but am finding the evenings hard once the tablets have worn off and my throat getting sore and the 'want' of an ice cream to soothe it takes over.

So today, I am 'planning' my day.

We have the not so nice task of going to visit graveyards/crematoriums to visit and leave flowers for our grandparents/uncle and cousin. Not nice, but we can never 'begin' our Xmas until we have been. A kind of ritual in a way.

So plan for food:

B - 2x Weetabix Skim milk - Cup of tea
SN - CD Choc Mint Shake
L - 2 Flat Breads (the no no one's less than 10% fat like ryvita) with V L/f onion/chive spread
SN - 2 Clementines
D - Steak and Stout Casserole - in slow cooker all day - yum!!

Plenty of water to flush out this nasty horrid cold!

Have a great day all. It's still beautiful white here, very very cold, but beautiful. xx

Hi Alex - you're doing so well! Your menu sounds very healthy and controlled! Hope you & your family feel better soon. I agree - this time last year was very different! Makes me feel a bit silly for being stressed over a few lbs up really. Still, it's better to stress about it than to let it slip completely I guess.

Hope you have a good run up to Xmas!

Well done on passing the first year Claire!! What things you've achieved in the last year, clever you. Hope your little boy is better and you all stay bug free for Christmas.

Hey Alexm,

Wishing you and yours a fabulous Christmas!

xx

Hope you have a very Happy Christmas!!!

AlexM, have a fabby Xmas... enjoy every minute!

xxx

Hi All

I had a fairly good Xmas - just been drained with not feeling well. Have felt very flu-ey myself and cough stuck on my chest now - joy.
My little boy is beginning to improve but still seems to go up/down too so aiming to go back to Dr's tomorrow to get more anti bio's for us both.

Food-wise, well ok, it fell to pieces, not great...not the plan, but it's what happened and it's now that is important. I am getting rid of my last 'Mistletoe Kisses' tonight and then back on track tomorrow.
I will be dropping down to 810 for 2 1/2 weeks and will analyse the scales damage after that. I've picked the extra 1/2 week because we have already picked to have a meal on Thursday night and have booked to go to an Italian restauarant on Saturday, although I am planning to pick as plain a chicken meal as possible and just to drink water/diet coke with it.

I KNOW I can do this (although I do kinda wish I didn't have NYE and the meal on Saturday to contend with aswell) as a big part of me just wants to get straight back into CD now and not deal with food anymore, but this is part of life I guess.

I am looking forward to, and wanting to feel good and positive about myself again as I had been getting to 10 stone 1...which right now feels quite a distance away! x

29th December...I finally managed to say no! :)
Was tempted by the choc biscuits today, and at last have found my resolve and said no - pushed them away and didn't have them.

I don't feel 100% in control yet, but I feel about 80%, it hasn't been tooooo difficult a day, have been offered shortbread at my mums and choccy biccies at home and both have been ok to say no to, but I know more challenges lay ahead - for today though...I feel I have accomplished a 100% day...and that I don't think I have done for a long while, so feel fairly happy about that.

Have also been back to Drs and have more anti biotics for me and little man - fingers crossed we will get on the mend now, properly.

Now to shift some lbs...considering whether to get the bike out tonight or not hhmmm...

Have a good evening everyone xx

Mucho respect to you!! :D

It would keep me warm if nothing else lol - and I know I have this meal on Thurs coming up. If I could try to lose a bit by then and not gain anything from then it would be a big bonus...so I should really, it's just finding the resolve to do it when I'm tired too x

I have almost done it! It's 9.47, and I am going to bed at 10pm as I am shattered and still feeling really unwell, headache and very sore throat and chest :(
However, I am drinking, drinking, drinking (water) and have not slipped up once today. I am so pleased. Although I know it will only work out as 2 good days before NYE, this is still very important to me as it's a big step in the right direction - realising that yes I am going to eat on NYE but it doesn't mean I have to eat, or more to the point, eat badly all the way up to that point...I can eat healthily and not pick like a 'normal' person does and then enjoy NYE and then (hopefully/definitely) get straight back on it!

Oh well done Claire!! I'll keep this in mind for myself, clever girl. I am sorry that you and your son are still poorly though, do hope the last lot of antib's work soon.
I wish you all a very happy new year. xx

Happy New Year!
Wishing you a fabulous 2010!

xx

Have a great 2010 AlexM, you achieved great things in 2009 and that was just the start...

xxx

Back