Alexmummy's learning journey...

Hi Everyone/Diary

Thanks sooo much for all your well wishes for the exam yesterday.
It was tough going, but I am soo glad it is done now - I just have to wait 8 weeks for the results now.
I am hoping for the best, but also trying to put it for the back of my head too.

Had a lunch out yesterday so didn't end up getting weighed last night, just bought products from CDC instead.
CDC and I have decided to start from scratch for the next 2 weeks and to go to SS to try and shift as much weight as possible in that time, to come away from food and temptations again, before working up the plans in time for the wedding, and hopefully being very close to, if not at goal. I'm happy with this plan, though I know it's going to be hard to stick to. Today I am doing ok, I just need to drink a bit more water, and I have one shake left, which is good too.

Nearly day 1 passed. xx

Glad your exam went okay, and good luck on sticking to SS... hope the weight drops off so you are at goal for the wedding... with your determination there is no reason why you shouldn't be... just think of the wonderful dress you can buy in a really small size... lol

Hi Alexm,

Glad the exam went well for you, good luck with those results!
Well done getting back to SS
Wishing u another fab day
xx

Hi All

Day 2/14 SS for me and it's going ok I think! Trying to keep up with the water as the headaches are kicking in already, which is good, but hard to deal with none the less!

Been Xmas shopping today which was nice, beginning to get somewhere - I love Xmas, but want the shopping done - or the random pressies at least - done as soon as possible, (December is such a busy month for me at best) so I'm glad to have made a good dent in those today, and will look forward to just having OH and little boy to buy for in a few weeks time.

Wishing I didn't have to work tomorrow as I am feeling very tired tonight, but hopefully some energy will kick in at somepoint.

xx

Well done for getting through day 2 alexmummy. Im on day 2 of cd too, hard to get back into it but feeling better already. I always find water the hardest part.

Hey Raquel - How are you hun? Day for 3 for both of us then :)

Well day 3 I knew would be my hardest - it always is when I'm working, but I just took nothing with me and had a cup of water and read the paper on my break. Absolutely starving by the end, but manage to stretch out a bit longer by going to pharmacy to pick some bits up for my little boy, so now I have just got in and had a Choc tetra and some water as my 2nd CD product of the day. I will have my bar later tonight, and try desperately to stick to that. Have decided in my mind, if I need anything else, and by need I mean physical hunger, not 'want' then I will have 1/2 pack CD choc mint later on tonight, but first I will glug lots more water and chop my bar up small and eat that very slowly and hope to be able to get through just on that. I think I just seem to do so much more physical work on a Saturday that the physical hunger gets to me much more - but I am planning on staying 100% - fingers crossed the hunger goes away. Either way I am NOT touching any food.

Scales don't seem to be moving toooo much in my favour yet, but we shall see...was really hoping CDC would be right and 2 weeks SS would get them jumping down a bit more, but keeping going, and def not giving up...only on day 3 after all! xx

Thanks for looking in on me Claire, I really appreciate it. I hope your exam results are good too, you have to wait a long time for the results don't you?

Well done on the diet, you have done so very well and I'm sure will be at goal soon. x

Hello!

Well day 4 is almost complete now.

Have had another busy day - been Xmas shopping, then wrapped up most of the presents, and then had a TV evening when we finally sat down tonight...not til gone 8 mind!
I am sooo glad to have gotten this far now, def another 10 days of SS to go (minimum, possibly 1 extra week, we shall see)

Really hoping for a good weigh in on Weds now, but shall see.

Hope all is still going good on SS. It is such a short spell of time the 2 weeks, in comparison to the longer stretches from before - am sure you can do it and you will start to see the results on the scales. You know it works so it is worth sticking with.

When do you get the results from your exams?

And wow, am impressed that Christmas shopping is done and wrapped, that is some going xx

Hi Ladies

Thanks for your messages - I am really pleased with myself, have managed a whole 7 days on Sole Source - and today weighed in 7lbs down!!! woohoo :) That's more than I lost in my first ever week on CD! Shocked, but over the moon !! :) So today I weigh 10 stone 6 - and 5 lbs away from BMI goal, with 5 weeks to go for wedding, and 3 1/2 weeks to go 'til the shopping day with mum to find something to wear for the wedding. I am soo happy, but just wish I could feel like I am close to goal. I am looking at my body and thinking 'it's not enough'.
I am definitely wanting to re-set the goal lower once I am there, but I know I have to take it bit by bit and see how it goes. I think next year is really going to be concentrated on much toning to try and get my figure sorted out, as currently it just seems to be saggy, and horrible, and at 23, that doesn't feel too nice :(

Anyway, for now I shall be happy about the weight loss so far, as I have finally smashed 6 1/2 stone! wooopeeedeeeee!!!! xx

Wow, wow, WOW!!!! Well done AlexM, you have done so well, never giving up no matter how tough it gets or how many challenges come your way. You're an inspiration. Big hugs, you will get to whatever goal you set yourself & the toning will happen too, don't worry. Step by step!

xxx

Chuffed for you with that great loss, your goal is so close. Your body will catch up with itself, you have young skin so toning up should be no trouble!

Oh well done Claire!! So proud of you!!! I'm 30 years older than you :eek: ! and even I have managed to get my saggy bits a bit firmer so you'll be just fine. Don't worry about that. Big smiles all round. :):)

Thank you for all your lovely lovely comments :)!!
Well onto day 8 today of SS - weirdly enough today has been a tough day, I think because of family eating foods that I really like again - fajitas - love love love them, but have to totally resist, and some how, have managed to.
Back to the hard days tomorrow and Saturday as working - and I always find those 2 days really tough, so surviving them I know will enable me to get to 2 weeks SS, I just have to get past them first...so hour by hour for the next 2 days!

Hi Everyone.

I am so sorry I keep dipping off the board. I am still here, and still following. Just can't believe how busy I keep ending up!
Well the last 3 days or so I keep having mega dizzy spells, and even when taking my little boy out of the buggy or when getting out of the bath have had to stop, and steady myself as it's gone dark (v weird and a little scary have to admit) so after going to the zoo with lots of mummy friends yesterday for a big meet up, and feeling a bit off colour walking round, I then felt this driving home too.
So, I have decided after all of this that I think sole source has got to stop now. Last night I went home and had some tuna and salad.

The downside - for me I feel a bit I have failed in my mission to SS until Weds, and also the scales today are up 2lbs from yesterday! I know I am swollen up today from my Chronic fatigue, and it could just be physical food weight in my tummy, but I just soooo want to be at my goal weight by 5th December latest - but in my heart of hearts wanted to be there by the 22nd November in time for finding a dress/outfit for the wedding.

My OH is great and says that our little boy and my health has to come first, and I know that and he says I look amazing now at 6 1/2 stone down - I just feel like the battle isn't won yet - if that all makes sense.

I just want to finish this sooo much, and then get onto maintenance.

xx

Ooops - Laura meant to put that on my post - Since yesterday SS has finished and so I have pushed up to 810, am disappointed in myself for having to finish SS earlier than I planned and go up a plan earlier than intended, but I know for the sake of my little boy and safety of all of us (esp when driving etc) I have to do what's right...I just wanted to get to 'healthy' soon if that makes sense, after being on this journey for what really does feel a lifetime xx

Back